Who is responsible for managing emergencies on the UTC Campus?
Many people on campus are involved. Of course, our first line of defense are our first responders. These responders include UTC and Chattanooga Police, Chattanooga Fire and Hamilton County EMS personnel. Campus resource allocation and decision-making is done by our Emergency Operations Center Team. This team is made up of all of the major functions on campus.
The Emergency Operations Center Team receives strategic guidance from UTC's Executive Leadership Team.
What kinds of emergencies does UTC plan for?
We actually conduct two types of planning. We plan for specific types of problems including:
- Active Violence
- Significant Campus Damage (Tornadoes, Earthquakes and Floods)
- Infectious Disease Incidents (Pandemic, Foodborne and Biological Attack)
- Campus Disturbances
- Severe Weather
- Information Technology System Disruption
- Hazardous Materials Incidents
We also plan for specific tasks which may be needed during an emergency including:
- Campus Closing Procedures
- Family Support and Reunification
- Crisis Communications and Emergency Alerting
- Emergency Operations Center Operations Procedures