Fall 2019 - Thursday, August 15th
The Department of Housing and Residence Life is excited to continue building strong relationships with community partners, faculty, staff, and students to benefit our on-campus students. Assist students with unloading and moving their items into the residence halls, sign up below: Community Partners and Students
Open to ALL residents with a 2019/2020 assignment: Incoming Freshmen, Incoming Transfers and Current Students.
Even Room Numbers: Check-in between 8am-12pm
Odd Room Numbers: Check-in between 12pm-4pm
- Report to your complex office/community room to check in.
- You must have your UTC ID to check in to the residence hall. If you do not have your UTC ID please go to the University Center to have it made before reporting to your complex office.
- A limited number of moving carts are available for checkout, however we suggest you bring your own cart/dolly.
Please do not park in the street, in Handicap spots or Fire Lanes (you will be towed/ticketed).
Street parking is operated by the City of Chattanooga. Meters are free after 6pm Monday-Saturday and on Sunday.
- Dumpsters are available at each complex, please recycle in the blue bins.
- Upperclassmen, if you are unable to move in on August 15th you may check in anytime Friday-Sunday, August 16th-18th.
- Residents not checked in by Monday, August 19th (first day of class) are considered "No Shows" and will have their assignment cancelled. Any student arriving Monday, August 19th or later needs to contact their Resident Director letting them know to avoid cancellation and fees.
Student Vaccination Requirement
A meningitis vaccination is required by law for all students living in the residence halls. Before a student will be issued their key at move-in, immunization records must be on file with Student Health Services. For more information please visit Student Health Services
Things to coordinate with roommates:
- Small kitchen appliances: Toaster, Coffee Maker, Toaster Oven, etc.
- Pots, pans, dishes and ice trays
- Living room & bedroom TV’s
- Cable cord
- Shower curtain & curtain rings
- Couch cover - sizes vary, may want to purchase after move in
- Cleaning Supplies: vacuum, mop, broom, disinfectants, etc..
- Gaming Systems
- Mattress Topper
- Bed risers (lofting is not permitted)
- Laundry basket and detergent
- Bike & Bike Lock
- Safe/Lock box
- Curtains and spring rod
- Scented Plug Ins
- Command Hooks
- Organizational bins and drawers
Mini-fridges are not permitted in residence halls as of July 2018, except for Stagmaier Hall.
Drugs (possession of illegal drugs
may result in removal of housing and loss
of any fees that have been paid)
Alcohol (UTC is a dry campus)
Candles or candle warmers and Incense
Large knives (kitchen knives only)
Gas or charcoal grills
Dumpsters are available at every building.
Please breakdown ALL boxes.
Recycling dumpsters are located at Lockmiller, Walker/UCF, Johnson Obear and West Campus.
All Housing Policies apply to all students residing on campus and at the Sheraton Read House. Housing policies were established to maintain a healthy environment that is supportive of academic and extra-curricular growth. It is your responsibility to abide by these regulations while at UTC. Please view the Student Handbook for more specific information. Housing and Residence Life’s judicial process will be enacted when a student is not complying with the stated policies.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga has been offering the Residence Hall Linen program since 1993. The selection is larger than you will find anywhere else, at prices that are budget-friendly. Best of all, every Residence Hall Linens product available through OCM is guaranteed to fit and guaranteed to last from move-in all the way to graduation. Extra-long sheets, extra-long mattress pads, extra-long comforters, pillows, décor and storage solutions and all other products are backed by this guarantee. And using the OCM.com website is EASY!
Check out the website at www.utc.ocm.com
All new and current students are invited to participate in a fifteen day Welcome Week program that allows all students the opportunity to transition into the fall easily while having fun!
UTC meal plans are effective Thursday, August 15th. The University Center and Crossroads will be open for lunch on that day.
Should you decide to drive/park on-campus, you will still need a parking decal. Decals can be purchased in the Administrative Service Building. Please refer to Parking Services for more information.
CARTA, Chattanooga’s transit/bus system, is available throughout Chattanooga and surrounding cities. All rides are free with your UTC ID (Mocs Card). Electric Shuttle downtown is available to anyone.
Here are some local retail stores for your convenience.
501 Signal Mountain Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37405 - 4.4 miles
3550 Cummings Hwy, Chattanooga, TN 37419 - 7.4 miles
490 Greenway View Dr, Chattanooga, TN 37411 - 6.5 miles
2020 Gunbarrel Rd Ste 250, Chattanooga, TN 37421 - 12.2 miles
5764 Highway 153, Hixson, TN 37343 - 9.6 miles
5579 Highway 153, Hixson, TN 37343 - 9.1 miles
1816 Gunbarrel Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421 - 11.7 miles
1600 E 23rd St, Chattanooga, TN 37404 - 2.8 miles
4011 Brainerd Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37411 - 4.3 miles
703 Signal Mountain Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37405 - 4.7 miles
110 N Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37405 - 1.6 miles
3605 Brainerd Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37411 - 3.7 miles
2104 Mccallie Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37404 - 2.1 miles
3401 Broad St, Chattanooga, TN 37409 - 4.1 miles
7354 E Brainerd Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421 - 10.9 miles
2010 Mccallie Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37404 - 2 miles
2303 E 23rd St, Chattanooga, TN 37407 - 3.5 miles
511 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402 - 1 mile
119 N Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37405 - 1.7 miles
Hamilton Place Mall
2100 Hamilton Pl Blvd, Chattanooga, TN 37421 - 12.2 miles
271 Northgate Mall Dr, Hixson, TN 37415 - 7.6 miles
Directions and Unloading Traffic Maps for Each Building (Fall 2018)
Fall 2019 Maps coming soon