Part Time Off Campus Jobs & Fall '14 Internships
Summer Jobs & Internships are now available under the "Summer Job Postings" tab
Join us at Rock City for an Instant Interview on April 24th from 3pm – 6pm
We have seasonal/part-time positions available at Rock City Gardens and the Incline Railway. All positions require the ability to Smile and Enthusiastically Deliver Excellent Guest Service!
Successful partners thrive on their ability to enthusiastically deliver Excellent Guest Service to visitors from around the world!
Career Opportunities at a World Class Attraction!
Current Opportunities include
- Servers, Bartenders, Host/Hostesses, Dishwashers, and Cooks at Café 7
- Part-Time Seasonal Retail, Food Service and Operations Partners
- At Rock City and the Incline Railway
Please visit our website for detailed descriptions of Partnership opportunities
All partners must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays. Applicants must be 16 years old.
Interested candidates can find more information and apply online by visiting www.seerockcity.com/employment
4/17/14............JUNIOR WEB MARKETER - Guild Development
Guild Development, LLC is a Chattanooga based web development firm focused on online solutions and marketing, serving clients nationwide. We are seeking a business-oriented team member with an entrepreneurial spirit starting immediately.
- Self motivated, outgoing individual with great organizational and people skills
- Creative writing and visual presentation capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and change direction at any given moment
- Able to use many online platforms, including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Content/Social media updates
- Community outreach
- Research of industry trends
- Email marketing
This is a part time position (20 to 25 hours per week), with full time potential.
Please send resume and any examples of your work to email@example.com
4/16/14……….Full or Part Time Assistant – Surgery Pharmacy Services
Seeking employee preferably with a science background (Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Med, Pre-Vet majors etc.) or pharmacy technician background
- Full and Part Time availability
- Will be trained as a Pharmacy Technician
- Must be able to lift at least 40lbs
- Monday through Friday work schedule preferred
- Must be able to work minimum 25 hours per week
- Clean room experience preferred but not required
How to apply:
Call 423-421-1740 and set up a time to come in. Leave a brief message if there is no answer
Serious inquiries only.
Surgery Pharmacy Services
3908 Tennessee Ave Sweet F (across from incline railway)
Pharmacist: Tim Glascock
Cell Phone: (423)421-1740
4/16/14………Intern, Accounting – BlueCross BlueShield of TN
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee’s IT Finance department is seeking an accounting intern. This long-term paid assignment is anticipated to begin in May 2014. This role offers a flexible part-time or full-time schedule based on the intern’s availability. This role will be based in Chattanooga.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist IT Finance staff with interesting and challenging accounting assignments including:
- Financial analysis
- Accounting research
- Internal control testing
- Financial reporting
- Journal entry preparation
- Active college students or new graduates who have completed a minimum of two years towards the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Preference will be given to juniors, seniors or graduates with GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Current BCBST employees are not eligible to participate in this program.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Microsoft Office with heavy emphasis on Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively interact across a variety of team members.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities and proactively seek assignments.
- Strong attention to detail.
This posting will be available until Monday, April 21. Those who are interested may apply by visiting: http://www.bcbst.com/about/careers/
4/15/14…………Part-Time Warehouse/Material Handler - Frito Lay Inc. Chattanooga, Tennessee
Job Description: The Part-Time Warehouse/Material Handler position work hour’s average between 20 - 25 hours per week (typically 2 – 3 days/week). Weekend and Holiday work is required for Part Time warehouse / Material Handlers. This is evening to late night hours (1pm – 2pm start time, typically 8-9 hour shift). Work is performed in a loud warehouse environment with minimal heating or air conditioning. Pay is very strong starting at $14.90/hour. Looking for some very team oriented, hard-working, motivated individuals.
Responsibilities include: picking appropriate cases according to order and placing the orders on carts, picking up empty pallet boards and carrying them to a storage area, loading and unloading pallets and individual cases to and from trailers, and loading 24 ft. box trucks, 18 ft. route vans and 53 ft. trailers via carts or stacking cases on the floor. Warehouse personnel may also be responsible for receiving and distributing product and assisting in weekly inventory of product. General housekeeping and specific sanitation task are also required.
Great company to grow with, great supply chain experience gained with job, great pay, apply now!
All interested candidates need to apply on line at: www.fritolayemployment.com
*Type in area code (37416), search (Part-Time Warehouse/Material Handler), fill out application
Interested applicants may begin applying on Wednesday, April 16th around 8pm (students will not be able to apply until the IVR system is opened for applicants). The job will close once so many applicants have applied, so apply quickly if you are interested.
4/15/14………Part Time Jobs at Best Buy
Best Buy on Gunbarrel Road has the following Part Time jobs available:
- Geek Squad Advanced Repair Agent
- Geek Squad Operations Agent
- Home Delivery Helper
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant
- Multi-channel Sales Associate
- Sales Support Associate
- Best Buy Sales Consultant – Home Entertainment, Magnolia Home Theater
- Best Buy Sales Consultant – Computing and Tablets
The positions can be applied for on www.bestbuy.com. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on careers. Then click on retail careers. Next click on store 0488 Chattanooga store for Gunbarrel Road location.
4/15/14………… Part Time Service Technician – Affordable Computers, Chattanooga
20 to 35 hours per week Starting Rate $10/ hr. This person needs to have some hands-on experience in pc service and repair, trouble-shooting hardware and software problems. We offer a comfortable working environment, casual dress code.
Our business hours are Monday thru Friday 10am to 6pm and Saturdays 10 to 4pm. We need someone who can work at least 4 hrs per day, several days each week, providing us with a schedule if they need certain days or times off for classes, etc
Submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your contact information (land line and cell phone with email address ) After reviewing resumes we will contact the person to arrange for an interview.
4/15/14..........Housecleaner - East Brainerd Area
Need a house cleaner every other week in the East Brainerd Area (near Westview Elementary School). Good pay by the hour.
Will work with your schedule
Please call Roger at 423-503-3584
4/15/14............Afterschool Staff at The Montessori School for 2014 – 2015 School Year
Are you looking for work to start in the Fall? We are looking for a responsible and professional staff member to look after children ages 1 year through 6th grade in our afterschool program for the 2014 – 2015 school year. Our afterschool staff must be fun loving, energetic, detail oriented, and great with children. On any given day staff may lead a kickball game, change a diaper, do light cleaning, help students with homework, and/or greet parents. This is a great job that allows you to be outside and have a lot of fun playing with children.
Requirements (please DO NOT apply if you cannot meet ALL the requirements):
- Available Monday through Friday by 2:30 and until 5:30
- 18 years of age or older
- Must commit to working from August 18th through May 15th, 2015
- Must also be willing to work March 30th – April 3rd
- Hourly pay rate is between $10.00 and $11.00 depending on experience
- No more than 1 day off every other month will be granted
Should be able to work from 8am to 6pm on Tuesday and Thursday. Proficiency in typing preferred. Light office work. Knowledge of computers.
Can work up to 40 hours during the summer (must have reliable car). Must be friendly and patient. Will work with your schedule.
Please call Roger at 432-503-3584.
4/11/14............Gymnastics Instructor - Signal School for Physical Education
The Signal School for Physical Education is looking for a part time gymnastics instructor. Experience is needed!
To apply email resumes to email@example.com. For questions or additional information call 423-664-2752.
4/11/14..............Marketing Assistant – Tennessee Valley Pain Management
Part time position with flexible hours
Under the direction of the Marketing Coordinator, develops and implements a regular structured program of contact and outreach to identify new referral sources and to maintain on-going relationships with physicians and referral sources that will increase census and preference for Tennessee Valley Pain Management. Determines primary decision makers and proactively builds positive, solid working relationships with members of the medical community. Promotes and positions our practice’s patient care service through regular visits in a manner that illustrates and reflects Tennessee Valley Pain Managements quality of care and unique capabilities. Works to build the brand of the practice as the preferred pain management specialist provider in our service area to achieve and exceed agency goals for growth and census management.
- Makes regular, planned calls to secure new referrals, build census, and meet established goals on new and existing referring physicians; facilities; case managers, and other health care providers.
- Maintains organized account information on each client, tracks visits/results.
- Identifies and prioritizes key accounts.
- Uses superior customer service to maintain current and establish new business relationships
- Actively participates in Marketing Department meetings and activities and attends staff meetings.
- Provides input in development of agency marketing plan and collaborates with other staff, as assigned.
- Helps build collaborative working relationships both internally and externally.
- Performs specific assignments as requested.
CONTACT: Kim Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423.702.7791 fax
4/11/14……….Full and Part Time Positions Available - Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is now accepting applications for full and part-time positions at our new restaurant in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Training will begin in late April.
- Marketing Director
- Guest Assistants
- Prep Cooks
- Line Cooks
Chattanooga has never seen anything quite like Firebirds, a polished casual restaurant dominated by our exhibition kitchen and warmed by rich wood, deep booths, and authentic hospitality. While the theater of our grill brings excitement to the dining room, our FIREBAR offers drama of its own, with craft cocktails, a lounge-like feel and a "waterfall"-style back bar that displays bottles in a cascade of color.
Our menu ignites the appetite with boldly flavored, classic American cuisine ranging from signature steaks, seafood and specialty dishes, to oversized salads, hand-pattied burgers, and decadent desserts. Wondering what to drink? The dining room's wall of wine will provide inspiration.
One of America's fastest-growing restaurant concepts, Firebirds currently owns and operates 30 locations in 11 states – and we're opening several more in 2014. If you share our passion, we're the kind of place where you can build a career. We were also just featured this February by Nation's Restaurant News as a "Top 10 Breakout Brand" for 2014.
Please apply in person at our hiring suite located at 2115 Gunbarrel Road, Suite 11, at Hamilton Corner directly across the parking lot from our restaurant location. We are here from 9:30 to 5:30 daily.
To learn more about Firebirds visit our website at http://www.firebirdsrestaurants.com/fb/
4/10/14............Part Time Photographer-River City Sports
River City Sports is looking for a part-time photographer for the month of May to
capture images and videos of Hamilton County High School spring football practices.
Job candidates must be responsible, reliable, and interested in sports.
Must have own camera, with the ability to create photo galleries and upload photos
Apply by contacting Jon Neal, Director of River City Sports at email@example.com if interested.
Could lead to a full-time position with business.
4/9/14……….Security Workers – Freeland Security & Associates
We are currently providing part-time employment for students. We provide event staffing for concerts, fairs, private parties, football games. etc.
We are looking for individuals who are at least 18 years of age, dependable, work well with teams, can stand for long periods of time, will be able to pass a background check as well as random drug-screening, are willing to travel as needed and will show respect to clientele as well as to their supervisors.
Wages will depend on experience and the amount of value they bring to the company.
Spring is extremely busy already this year so we could put someone to work immediately. However, our work is very sporadic.
4/9/14.........Part Time Sales Associate
Chattanooga Shoe Company is a locally owned fashionably comfortable shoe store located in 2 North Shore (near Whole Foods Grocery). It specializes in the best high quality comfort footwear. We take great pride in the personalized service we provide each and every person that comes through the door.
Experience: Sales Experience Preferred, Not Required
Required: Enthusiastic, Out-going, Willing to work weekends, Love People, Willing to work in a team environment
What sets us apart: We are locally-owned and operated, flexible. Will work around your school schedule
Inquire in person: Ask for Amanda at 2 North Shore location: 313 Manufacturers Rd. Chattanooga, TN 37405 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4/9/14………..FALL 2014 Info Security Intern – Shaw Industries
Experiential Learning Opportunities
Specific projects afford Co-ops and Interns hands-on experience while demonstrating "real world" applications of classroom theories. Guidance received from Shaw professionals, coupled with the wide variety of duties performed by the Co-op or Intern student, helps to prepare the student for today's highly competitive job market. Shaw considers our Co-ops and Interns to be part of the team and actively engages them in meaningful work experiences.
Students studying Information Technology, Information Security or related majors will apply their academic lessons and previous experience to one of many groups within Shaw Industries. Students are chosen to work in one of many IT/IS groups within Shaw according to their chosen program of study, area of expertise, and technical ability related to particular hardware or software systems.
A subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Shaw Industries, Inc. is the world's largest carpet manufacturer and a leading floor covering provider, generating more than $4 billion in annual sales and consisting of approximately 25,000 associates worldwide. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, the company manufactures and distributes carpet, rugs, artificial sports turf, hardwood, laminate, luxury vinyl, and ceramic tile for residential and commercial applications both domestically and abroad. Employment opportunities exist in and around the Dalton area as well as throughout the southeastern United States.
Shaw Industries operates 31 modern distribution centers in American metropolitan areas delivering 27,000 selling styles and colors. We have been consistently rated one of the Top 125 training companies in the nation, maintain industry-leading sustainability initiatives, and are guided by our core values of honesty, integrity, and hard work.
Shaw Industries has launched and nurtured the careers of thousands of professionals. We offer excellent compensation, benefits, training you need to be successful in your field, and opportunities to learn and grow into distinct areas of expertise within our Company.
Benefits: Fully furnished, all-utilities included apartments at a subsidized weekly rate (in the Dalton area.) We also offer holiday pay, discounts on company products, accrual of company seniority, and possible overtime pay. Co-op students are eligible for an increase in pay each semester they return (based on their previous performance review.)
Apply online at www.shawfloors.jobs/collegecareers Job Number 63373
4/8/14…………Client Service Specialist - RIVER Veterinary Emergency and Referral
Are you good with people? Do you love animals? Do you want a career where you can be involved with both? You’ve come to the right place! RIVER Veterinary Emergencies and Referrals is now taking applications for Client Service Specialist.
RIVER is a high volume emergency and critical care hospital that thrives on client services as well as practicing the best possible medicine.
If you’re interested, please go to www.rivervetemergency.com and fill out an online application. You can also call Tim Maddox at 423-771-4624 with any questions.
4/8/14..........Waiter Assistant(s) Needed - St. John's Restaurant
St. John’s Restaurant is looking for organized, responsible, fast learning individuals to work directly with server staff in a fine dining atmosphere.
Candidates must be able to work quickly, efficiently and follow direction.
Responsibilities include clearing and resetting tables, watering and bringing bread to tables, running food and carrying trays.
Apply in person at St. John’s Restaurant between 12 and 4 only
1278 Market Street, Chattanooga
4/7/14………..Dining Room Server – Hickory Valley Retirement Community
- Shift 4:00 pm to 7:15 pm
- Location: Hickory Valley Retirement Community, 6705 Ballard Drive, Chattanooga, TN
- Students can work around their class schedules, working two days or more per week
Contact : Joe Judge, Director Of Dietary Services at 423.855.0508 between 9:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday
4/7/14............Full or Part Time Jobs at The Chop House
The Chop House, located at 2011 Gunbarrel Rd, is currently seeking qualified applicants for the following positions;
If you are looking for an opportunity in a fast paced environment, please apply in person, Monday through Thursday between the hours of 2pm and 4pm. No phone calls please
4/7/14………..Fall 2014 Paid Internships - CommunicationVIP
August 15 – December 15, 2014 (10 hours a week, for 10 weeks minimum)
As a CommunicationVIP Intern you will:
- Boosts your resume.
- Have office access to North Chattanooga location.
- Learn in a fun, creative, and interactive environment.
- Receive free attendance to professional development workshops.
- Be mentored by award winning professional speaker and business owner.
- Receive real world mentoring from Top 3 Finalists for Entrepreneur & Business of the Year.
Internships available for the following areas:
- Client Relations
- Digital Media
- Social Media
Pay is $75 a month for months 1 and 2 and then $100 a month for months 3 and 4.
Send resumes and position of interest by April 20, 2014: intern@CommunicationVIP.com
4/4/14..........Receptionist at Physician's Office - North Chattanooga
Part time opening for a receptionist for physician’s office in North Chattanooga. Approximately 12 hrs/week. (Tuesday afternoons and Thursday full day—some flexibility)
Duties include, greeting and scheduling patients, answering phone, returning messages, filing and light book keeping. Must be mature, friendly, self motivated, and have strong organizational and computer skills.
Please send resume and references to email@example.com
4/2/14……………Part-Time Laboratory Technician – Sofix Corporation
Job Summary: The Part-Time Laboratory Technician is a non-career position that performs quality analysis on weekends and other times when a Lab Tech is not available (i.e. vacations) . The position is designed for a chemistry student and offers industrial experience to the person hired for the position. The position reports to Lab Management and aids other Laboratory Personnel. This classification is responsible for all in-process and finished product routine testing performed in the Quality Control/Wet lab for the days and hours they are assigned to work. The benefits package do not apply to non-career part-time positions.
- Capable of performing all work in a safe manner.
- Operate analytical equipment such as UV-Vis Spectrometer, melting point, Color meter, and various electronic balances to inspect in-process samples according to Lab SOP.
- Capable of performing Acid base titrations and measuring specific gravity of Acid samples according to Lab SOP.
- Knowledgeable of typical laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Discuss progress and interim findings with Lab Management.
- Perform some instrument checks.
- Checks inventory and reports ordering needs to laboratory manager on a weekly basis.
- Handle all lab waste streams in accordance with procedures.
- Help keep lab clean and organized.
- Able to work 20 – 25 hours a week. Weekend work is required.
- Can fill-in with the above job duties for other lab personnel who are out.
- Working toward or has a BA/BS degree in Chemistry or equally qualifying field with some course work in organic chemistry and quantitative analysis completed.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in English and able to communicate in a professional manner.
- Must undersand how to work in a Windows Operating Environment and use programs such as email, Word, Excel, and basic data entry.
- Lift, Carry, Push, or Pull 1-50 lbs. for 15-60minutes 1 or 2 times/week.
- Bend, Twist, Walk, Reach, and/or Climb for 1-8 hours/day
- Sit, Stand, and/or Walk for 6-8 hours per day.
- Moderate Noise Levels, solvents and other chemicals used for testing/cleaning, hotplates and hot solvents.
- Glass, plastic, metal, and various chemicals from both production and laboratory testing.
To apply, email your resume to Loren Malin at firstname.lastname@example.org
4/2/14…………….Operations/ISC Intern - Sherman and Reilly
Reports directly to Manufacturing Engineering Manager. The Intern will actively participate in projects related to improving operations and processes as well as day-to-day plant-level responsibilities. Hands-on experience may include, but is not limited to:
- Become familiar with processes and write work instructions to document those processes.
- Support Operations with planning requirements.
- May be involved with new process implementation, involving developing procedures, completing problem analysis, etc.
- Examine documents such as blueprints, drawings, change orders and specifications to verify completeness and accuracy of data.
- Prepare reports and memorandums as requested.
- Perform system data analysis, maintenance, and clean-up.
KEY BENEFITS GAINED FROM INTERNSHIP
- Coached and mentored by Sherman & Reilly leadership.
- Gain an understanding of lean operations methodologies.
- Experience in developing and documenting key processes.
- Work on projects that have a measurable impact on our business position.
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate student in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Business.
- GPA – 3.0 or higher
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
- Ability to work independently, learn new tasks/handle multiple tasks, solve problems, meet deadlines, and show strong self-motivation and initiative
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- SAP experience is a plus
Email resumes to email@example.com
4/1/14………..Administrative / Personal Assistant – Shuptrine’s
We are looking for a motivated individual to fill the position of Administrative / Personal Assistant that also has knowledge of digital imaging and basic photo shop skills and QuickBooks. This person will be working Tue- Friday, 10 am to 4 or 5 pm. Please do not reply if you cannot work during these times.
This person will be organized, efficient, and a self-starter with a great personality who requires minimal supervision with good follow through. Responsible for basic office/ clerical work along with other tasks assigned by managers. Has to be a team player.
Administrative Assistant Job Duties:
- Meets and greets public
- Maintains workflow for production,helping with apps and schedule -Creates and revises systems and procedures if needed, good follow through. Has to keep owners of business informed and helping them daily.
- Assists owners with scheduling, and assisting. Has to have a professional demeanor.
- Timely assisting, answering phones, delivering messages by phone and email. Software and social media savvy. Has to know Facebook, Twitter, and helpful if understanding wordpress.
- Mailings/mailers with excel knowledge.
- Maintains professional appearance for public, and etiquette in meeting/greeting customers while appointment making. Knows grammar well and manners. Art History is a plus.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and not afraid to get your hands dirty if needed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-2 Years College
- Must be a Self Starter
- Must have Excellent Organization skills + QuickBooks + Photoshop and some digital experience would be great.
- Please do not reply if you have no photoshop experience .
- Entry level ok, hourly vs salary depending on individual and experience .
Email IN THE BODY OF EMAIL, your résumé and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not call-Company. www.shuptrines.com
4/1/14…………Internal Audit Intern – FALL 2014 – Mohawk Industries
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, Marazzi, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
The Intern will assist various Internal Audit team members to both develop their business skills while allowing the team members to strengthen their leadership capabilities. The work will include:
- S-Ox related activities
- KPMG Audit Assistance (External Auditors)
- Other administrative duties as assigned
The potential exists to participate in process improvement projects, dependent on the Intern’s performance, drive and desires coupled with Internal Audit’s work schedule.
In addition to being able to write clear and concise, the candidate should:
- Have familiarity with fundamental Accounting and Auditing concepts
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Have Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel, Word and Access
The internship is looking to last from September 2014 - February 2014. Pay should be around 15.00 (pending comp approval).
They can apply online and email me at email@example.com if interested.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
3/31/14............2014 Fall Term Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) program
The Office of Science / Office of Workforce Development for Teachers and Scientists WDTS), is pleased to announce that it is accepting applications to its 2014 Fall Term Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) program, with all required application materials, including recommendations, due by 5:00 PM ET on May 30, 2014. The SULI program encourages undergraduate students to pursue science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) careers by providing research experiences at Department of Energy (DOE) laboratories, where selected students participate as interns appointed at participating host labs. They perform research, under the guidance of laboratory staff scientists or engineers, on projects supporting the DOE mission.
Further information, including program eligibility, requirements, host lab participation, and access to the online application system are found at:
with inquiries or questions made using:
The SULI program is sponsored and managed by the DOE Office of Science’s, Office of Workforce Development for Teachers and Scientists (WDTS) in collaboration with the DOE laboratories. The Department of Energy's Office of Science is the single largest supporter of basic research in the physical sciences in the United States, and is working to address some of the most pressing challenges of our time.
3/27/14…………Sales Trainee - Fastenal
2 Part-Time Positions Available
3740 Powers Court Suite 200, Chattanooga, TN
Working in the role of part-time Sales Trainee, you will have the opportunity to balance formal training with real-world experience running a store and working with customers. It's a great way to learn the ropes of our fast-paced industry and potentially transition into a full-time sales position. Fastenal Company is currently seeking candidates for a part-time Sales Trainee position at our store located at 3740 Powers Court Suite 200, Chattanooga, TN.
The training experience includes hands-on, on-line, and classroom training offered through our corporate university. The training program for current employees who are promoted into these positions will vary based on prior experience with the company.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Inventory Management
- Waiting on Customers
- Packaging Orders
- Delivering product
The skills and qualifications required for this position include:
- 18 years of age or over
- A strong aptitude for sales and desire to earn salary plus commission after the training period
- A valid driver's license and the ability to meet our driving record requirements
- The ability to demonstrate Company values of Innovation, Teamwork, Ambition, and Integrity
- Strong computer skills and math aptitude
- The ability to lift, slide and lower packages that typically weigh 25lbs-50lbs and may weigh up to 75lbs
- Possess or are working towards an Associate's Degree in Business/Marketing OR have equivalent industry experience and knowledge of the local market
- Ability to pass the required drug test (applicable in the US, Puerto Rico, and Guam ONLY)
PLEASE CONTACT TNCHA@STORES.FASTENAL.COM IF INTERESTED
3/26/14............Physical Therapy Tech
We are looking for a personable, energetic individual to assist in an outpatient physical
therapy office on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. We offer some flexibility in hours.
PT experience a plus, but we will train as needed.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3/26/14…………QUAD ENERGY AMBASSADOR - Double Cola Company
Purpose: To represent and promote QUAD Energy by distributing samples and creating excitement and awareness for the local Chattanooga brand. QUAD Energy is a high-quality, low cost energy drink line. It is a product of The Double Cola Company located in Chattanooga, TN. QUAD Energy comes in five flavors in 16oz cans: Re-Charge, Low Carb Kick, Berry Fusion, Orange Twist, and Lime Craze.
- Present samples of QUAD Energy products to consumers in populated areas such as local stores.
- Execute in-store promotions/sampling events on scheduled date and time in conjunction with our local distributor.
- Check stores for product location, point of sale displays, etc.
- Engage consumers in an energetic and confident manner and provide knowledgeable information about our products leaving them with a lasting positive impression of you and our brands.
- Create a positive experience for the consumer and assist the consumer in wanting to go out and buy more products.
- Complete post sampling event report.
- Must be reliable, trustworthy and have a good work ethic
- Self-motivated, highly energetic, outgoing, and dynamic
- Innovative, resourceful, organized, and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible with a professional, enthusiastic and can-do attitude
- Strong willed and able to solve problems should they arrive
- Able to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Able to stand for 6 hours and actively move around store to set up promotional items
- Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have transportation
- This is a contract position.
- You will be accountable to THE DOUBLE COLA COMPANY, but will be expected to work closely with our area distributor.
- Compensation will be on an hourly rate depending on activity/event conducted
Send a resume to email@example.com to apply.
Tutor needed for 5th grade Arithmetic for my 10 year old. 2 days a week. You pick any 2 days Monday- Friday at any time that works for you.
To apply call Nicole at 423 838-1064
3/25/14…………Bookkeeper in North Chattanooga
Part Time Bookkeeper with experience in QuickBooks, XL and Word needed in an office in North Chattanooga for a local Residential Contractor.
Duties also require filing and general office duties. Flexible hours with weekly projects. Approximately 16 hours of work each week. Work load must be completed by Fridays. Meaning scan bills, enter bills and invoice clients.
Job is available immediately and continues through this summer.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with experience and phone number
3/25/14………..Publix is accepting applications for stores in Chattanooga!
Employment opportunities include: bakers, cake decorators, deli, grocery and produce clerks.
Publix offers a fun, friendly work environment with flexible schedules and great advancement opportunities.
Apply in person at one of the following locations:
- Hurricane Creek (8644 E. Brainerd Rd, Chattanooga)
- Creek Plantation Village (5928 Hixson Pike, Hixson)
- Snow Hill Village (5958 Snow Hill Rd, Ooltewah)
- Mouse Creek Crossing (635 Paul Huff Pkwy, NW, Cleveland)
3/24/14............Web Design Assistance
I'm looking for someone to web design a website that's already up and running. All of the info is on the website, but it needs some "tweaking" done to make it look more appealing. I'm willing to negotiate a price with anyone that is interested.
Please contact me at email@example.com for more information. Thank you.
Walgreens on Frazier Avenue is hiring full and part time workers for all positions.
To apply go to careers.walgreens.com and complete the assessment. Once completed go to Walgreens and ask for Stephanie Clark or Debbie White.
3/21/14............Hospital Gift Shop Sales Associate - Memorial Hospital
Lori's Gift Shop in Memorial Hospital is looking for a part time Sales Associate.
Hours will be 9am-2:15pm Tuesday & Friday and 2pm-8:15pm every other weekend. Additional hours may be requested to fill in on regular employee days off.
Apply in person Monday-Friday 9am-3pm at 2525 DeSales Avenue. Ask for Erica.
3/20/2014..............Front Desk Position - The Hilton Garden Inn-Hamilton Place-Vision Hospitality Group
Front Desk Position: A "people-person" position, requiring you to have excellent customer service skills, a clear telephone voice, and basic accounting skills.
This position is for the 2nd shift (typically 3pm - 11pm). The days are Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, however, schedules may vary and dates may change, depending on hotel occupancy.
Requirements: Must be 18 years of age, be able to pass a drug test and background check, and be able to stand for long periods of time.
To see detailed job responsibilities, fill out an application, and take an assessment,
please follow the link below:
3/20/14…………Server - The Walden Club
Great opportunity to work at the restaurant with the best view in Chattanooga. The Walden Club is seeking a new server to join their team. Servers are responsible for creating positive guest interactions, while serving the guest in a friendly and efficient manner.
Applicants should have:
- Minimum of 2 years restaurant experience
- Fine dining experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings
- Ability to carry large, heavy trays on a continuous basis throughout the shift
- Knowledge of service standards, guest relations, and etiquette
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls or drop ins please. EOE
3/20/14............Experienced Barista - Signal Mountain, TN
Complete espresso cart opening and closing duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, etc. Set up, stock, and maintain clean work areas. Take orders from customers, obtain payment and provide change. Prepare espresso and other beverages. Provide excellent customer service, ability to multitask a must. Ensure appearance is clean and professional. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended time period. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Previous barista experience required . The individual must be available to work Sundays.
To apply for this job, please email resume: Katie at email@example.com
3/19/14…………Sales Photographers – SharpShooter Imaging, Ruby Falls
We are looking for sales photographers, people interested in any of the fields of photography, customer service, sales, or graphical/image design. We have both full and part-time positions available and are flexible with student schedules. The right candidate would have prior work experience in any of the above fields and though a degree is favorable it is not required.
For a complete job description and to apply for this position go to https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ssvempsvcs&jobId=12406&lang=en_US
Applicants will have an opportunity to post their resume or to write a resume through
this portal. Only applicants who post through our ADP job link portal will be considered.
3/19/14............Program Assistant – Girls Inc. of Chattanooga
Girls Inc. of Chattanooga is a nonprofit organization that inspires all girls to be strong, smart and bold – healthy, educated and independent -- on their journey to self-discovery by providing research and outcome-based programs for girls ages 6-18.
Girls Inc. has a part-time opening for a Program Assistant for our afterschool, Bookworm Club program. The ideal candidate will be creative, energetic, organized, a problem solver, and have strong written and verbal communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates who have at least one year of experience working or volunteering with school-age children in a formal setting. Reliable transportation is a must. Ability to work effectively in a high paced environment required.The Program Assistant reports directly to the Program Coordinator and is responsible for maintaining quality educational programming and the safety of the participants. Key responsibilities include:
- Assists the Program Coordinator in delivering curriculum for afterschool participants.
- Encourages the development of relationships among children from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Motivates and inspires girls to be actively engaged in all programs and activities.
- Assists the Program Coordinator with program speakers, field trips and parent involvement.
- Supervises afterschool participants during free time, snack, and recreational time.
Girls Inc. is committed to diversity and to providing equal opportunities for all the girls we serve. In addition, it is our philosophy and policy to treat employees and applicants for employment fairly and without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, political belief, gender identity, HIV status or other non-job-related factors, as required and defined by law.
Interested persons should email a cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to 709 South Greenwood Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37404. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
3/19/14............Part Time Position at KB International
KB International is a privately owned LLC which purchases polymers under private label and has products blended and packaged. It supplies these products internationally as drilling muds to foundation contractors to excavate piles (drilled shafts) for bridges and large buildings. It also supplies a product for mineral coring to the mining industry. KB is the leader in its industry because of the technical support it provides.
The Company presently employs 8 people worldwide, does about $4,000,000 in sales and is growing rapidly. It is based in Chattanooga with the owner and two administrative employees located at its office at 735 Broad Street (James Building). For more information visit the company website at kbtech.com.
Employees are expected to be self-motivated, accurate, committed to their work and able to work independently. PREFER TO HAVE A MARKETING MAJOR
This will be a part time (20 -30 hour) position which will lead to a full time position in a few months. Working hours for part-time are flexible. Position involves the following functions:
ADMIN/OPERATIONS/SALES (People Skills, Organized, Business Sense,
- Fill customer orders responsively
- Coordinate domestic and international shipping and documentation on a timely basis
- Provide customer quotations and maintain costing & pricing records
- Provide selected financial analysis in Excel.
- Maintain company records and files
- Position may involve the following functions based on individual’s skills.
MARKETING (Creativity, Business Sense)
- Sales development through telephone and e-mail customer contact.
- Modify and prepare company literature, advertising and website.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and two references to Mark at email@example.com
3/19/14............Intern - State Farm Agent Team Member – Lafayette, GA
Looking for 2-3 interns in a business related field of study
Do you have aspirations to run your own business? If so, you may want to consider working in the office of Jason Long - State Farm Agent. As a member of our agency team, you have an opportunity to experience first-hand what it takes to be an entrepreneur. You will build and develop customer relationships within the community to promote State Farm products including auto, home and life insurance. This position will allow you to experience working in an agent's office and to explore the opportunity to become a State Farm agent yourself.
- Develop leads, schedule appointments, identify customer needs, and market appropriate products and services.
- Establish customer relationships and follow up with customers, as needed.
- Provide prompt, accurate, and friendly customer service. Service can include responding to inquiries regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverages, policy changes, transfers, claim submissions, and billing clarification.
- Work with the agent to establish and meet marketing goals.
- Use a customer-focused, needs-based review process to educate customers about insurance options.
- Maintain a strong work ethic with a total commitment to success each and every day.
As an Agent Team Member, you will receive...
- Commission only
- Valuable experience
- Growth potential/Opportunity for advancement within my office
- Sales experience (outside sales or inside sales representative, retail sales associate, or telemarketing) preferred
- Successful track record of meeting sales goals/quotas preferred
- Interest in marketing products and services based on customer needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and listening
- Enthusiastic about the role insurance and financial products play in helping people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Achieve mutually agreed upon marketing goals
- Ability to conduct interviews in the office and in customer's home or business
- Property & Casualty license (must have currently)
- Life & Health license (must have currently)
- Selected candidate is expected to remain current in product changes, licensing, technical developments, and continuing education
- Position may require irregular working hours
- Bachelor's degree preferred
If you are motivated to succeed and can see yourself in this role, please complete our application at http://JasonLong.SFAgentJobs.com/j/05a97. We will follow up with you on the next steps in the interview process.
This position is with a State Farm independent contractor agent, not with State Farm Insurance Companies. Employees of State Farm agents must be able to successfully complete any applicable licensing requirements and training programs. By accepting this position, you are not guaranteed an agency position with State Farm Insurance Companies. As an agent team member, you will still need to go through the regular State Farm agent selection process when you are ready to pursue an agency opportunity. State Farm agents are independent contractors who hire their own employees. State Farm agents’ employees are not employees of State Farm.
3/19/14…………Guest Service Team Member – Noodles & Company
We're looking for a Guest Service Team Member to become part of our friendly atmosphere and join our enthusiastic crew. This is you if you're passionate about providing guests with the best experience possible. You enjoy working with people who take food seriously yet have fun preparing and serving it. You are energized by possibility and committed to contributing to the collaborative spirit of the team. And you're looking for an opportunity to learn, grow and explore your career potential.
Attracting the most talented team members is critical to our continued success. We are looking for genuine, nice people who value serving others in an upbeat and fast-paced (but not fast food) environment. We can offer you a great place to work, flexible hours and lots of room to grow. But fear not - while we do want to be a part of your life, we believe in work/life balance. In fact, 'being balanced' is one of our company values.
If this sounds like the kind of place where you'd like to hang your hat, check out our featured job opportunities and apply online. Please visit noodles.com/jobs and search Chattanooga, Tennessee or 37402
3/19/14............Receptionist - Chattanooga, TN
Seeking part-time to full-time person to answer phones and perform light office duties in a small local office.
Job hours available are 8am-5pm, M-F. Must have good phone skills and computer knowledge. Must be okay with working independently. Must be available through the summer.
Please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3/18/14...........Photographer needed at Rock City – Lookout Mtn.
Digiphoto Entertainment Imaging is the industry leader in providing imaging services that deliver once-in-a-lifetime memories at various attractions, theme parks, restaurants and resorts around the world.
DEI uses state-of-the art digital imaging by leveraging Kodak’s exclusive technology to create customized souvenir products to treasure and share.
The DEI business was established and continues to grow by building on its foundation of core values; respect, integrity, trust, credibility, recognition, growth and diversity.
The photographer/ sales associate will be responsible for taking, processing and selling quality digital photos while delivering excellent customer service.
- Listens to, understands and anticipates customer needs.
- Takes proactive steps to follow up on requests and insure customer satisfaction.
- Enhances the guest experience by delivering excellent customer service.
- Responsible for site preparedness, stocking, cleaning and organization.
- Responsible for adhering to the dress code and appearance guidelines.
- Responsible for handling all equipment safely with care.
- Responsible for following all company policies and procedures, including cash handling.
- Responsible for image quality.
- Ensure camera settings are accurate prior to shooting.
- This description is not intended to cover all assigned duties and responsibilities to which an individual assigned to this job may encounter. It is intended to cover only those major duties/responsibilities that an incumbent will typically encounter.
SKILL AND/OR KNOWLEDGE SPECIFICATIONS:
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Employees must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, and walk long distances within the site
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Flexible to work different locations.
- Must be able to carry up to 15 lbs on your upper body.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE SPECIFICATIONS:
Customer sales and / or service experience in a retail or service industry is preferred.
- We will provide you with the training needed to become a successful team member.
- We offer a competitive hourly rate including an incentive / commission program (up to an additional $2.00 an hour), as well as other great perks.
- We have IMMEDIATE OPENINGS for applicants with open availability.
- As an employee of DEI you will be combining work with fun every day. Whether you're one of our roving photographers or working in our retail booths, the fun and excitement of interacting with the public in a positive environment is waiting for you.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and drug screen testing.
3/13/14............Service Porter/Shuttle Driver – Mountain View Ford
Very Close To Campus
We are looking to hire a responsible clean cut individual to support our very busy service department.
Job duties will include but not limited to: driving new and used vehicles to Emission facility, drive courtesy shuttle to pick up and delivery customers, park and retrieve service customer’s vehicles.
Hours will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 2:30PM-5:30PM and Saturday 8:00AM-4:00PM
Off on Wednesdays & Sundays
$9.00 per hour
Apply in person at
Mountain View Ford Lincoln
301 East 20TH Street
Chattanooga TN 37408
3/13/14............Innkeeper/server/housekeeper - Mayors Mansion Inn
Innkeeper/server/housekeeper for B&B Inn near campus. Looking for 3 or 4 students
Attention sophomores and up--Need responsible, mature, high-energy, self-motivated person who enjoys working with the public in the hospitality industry setting. Attention to detail and excellent time-management skills are a must.
Part-time during the rest of spring semester and full-time during the summer, with
potential to continue into next school year. We will work with your class and activity schedules. Starting base pay of $9.00, plus tips and bonuses, we will work with your class and activity schedules.
NOTE: This job requires working most weekends and during scheduled school breaks. Training
classes begin this month.
TO APPLY: Send resume via email (no attachments please) to the attention of Cindi Ladd, email@example.com.
3/13/14............Smoothie King - Hamilton Place
Smoothie King at Hamilton Place mall is accepting applications for all shifts and weekends. Must be available during Summer break!
Please apply in person at 2100 Hamilton Place Blvd.
3/13/14..............Line Cooks and Dishwasher/Utility Person Needed - Events with Taste Catering (Southside Chattanooga)
Dishwasher/utility person needed for very busy high-end catering business. Plenty of interesting work and good pay. Our business is non-routine because each menu is custom. This is not a boring job at all.
You must be dependable. We are really looking for someone who likes physical work who is up for just about anything. Loading trucks, taking care of equipment, washing catering equipment, packing for events, etc. We have plenty of work, but will try to work around your schedule. We are Events With Taste.
We also need Line Cooks
3/11/14..........Window Cleaners - Fish Window Cleaning
We are looking for courteous, self-motivated and friendly individuals that pay attention to detail. We clean glass at commercial and residential locations, including retail locations, office buildings, and malls from 1 to 3 stories. Some ladder work, travel between jobs, and minimal paperwork are required. You need reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license to be considered for employment. We have full time and part time positions available.
Go to: https://www.wantagreatjob.com/?lid=978 to complete an online application!
3/10/14............Massage Heights at Gunbarrel - Lifestyle Consultant Position (Front Desk and Sales)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer services
- Take charge for every Guest's Massage Heights experience
- Use suggestive selling skills to build every sale
- Schedule new and return appointments based on Guest preferences
- Meet and exceed sales goals
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with Team Members
- Take pride and accountability in all aspects of your job
- $8 per hour
- Commissions is $5- $10 on every membership sale, 3% of personal gross sales on Memberships, and 5% -10% of personal retail sales.
- Bonus Potential is $3,000 annually.
- Note that the hourly wage is $8 an hour however; you have potential to make a lot more than that if you up sell!
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work nights and weekends.
- Willingness to learn and work well with others.
- Costumer Service & Sales experience is a plus!
- Strong computer skills
- Familiarity with Millennium Software is a plus!
Hours & Shifts Available:
- Full time and Part time positions available.
- We are open Monday - Friday 9am-9pm, Saturday 9am-7pm and Sunday 10am- 6pm.
- Shifts available are, morning 8am-3pm and evening 3pm-9pm.
Looking for someone who is willing to stay and grow with the business. Management positions are open.
Please call 423.227.0839 and leave a voicemail telling a little bit about yourself and why you would be a good fit for this position. Also, please apply by replying to the post and sending your cover letter, resume and any references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also submit your resume in person! If Massage Heights wishes to move forward with any candidates who apply then someone will be in contact via email.
To learn more about Massage Heights please visit our website at www.massageheights/chattanooga.com
3/10/14.............Front Desk Clerk – Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Hixson, TN
Seeking an enthusiastic, energetic person to join our front office team.
Accommodates patrons of the hotel by registering and assigning rooms, issuing room keys, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests’ accounts, confirming reservations, presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests, supplying information on hotel services and area information, and communicating guest requests to relevant departments.
- Greets all guests upon arrival and ensures a fast, efficient check-in process including verification of customer’s identification, credit and payment for stay, assigning room keys, and arranging for escort if needed.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services and amenities, registration of guests, area dining and entertainment, and travel directions.
- Takes messages and ensures their prompt delivery.
- Handles all incoming calls through PBX console in a polite and professional manner using standard phraseology and routing to the right department, guestroom, meeting room or facility.
- Reviews accounts and charges with guests during the check out process.
- Handles all in-house calls and communicates guest comments, complaints, and requests to the appropriate departments and managers.
- Arranges storage and delivery of incoming packages, facsimiles, luggage, and mail.
- Carries out specified duties in the event of a fire alarm, bomb threat, guest or employee medical emergency, or system failure.
- Manages wake-up calls and ensures their timely delivery according to prescribed procedure.
- Provides outstanding guest service.
- Arrives for scheduled shift on time.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Demonstrates aggressive hospitality skills, which include:
- Smile and greet every guest
- Speak to the guest in a warm, friendly and courteous manner
- Display genuine and enthusiastic interest in the guest, pay complete attention
- Anticipate guest needs and be flexible in responding to them
- Be knowledgeable about your job
- LEARN to take ownership of guest problems and resolve them
- Well presented; is well groomed and can conform to the hotel’s dress code
- Communicates well with others
- Good organization skills
- Is flexible and has what it takes to get the job done
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimum supervision
- Possesses a total commitment to guest satisfaction
Fast paced, sometimes noisy environment
- Physical Demands
- Seeing – Must be able to see well enough to read reports, drive, and use a computer.
- Hearing - Must be able to hear well enough to communicate on the phone and in person.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility – Must be able to stand to operate office machinery. Must be able to move between departments. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods.
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling – Must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs. Must be able to stoop and kneel for short periods of time.
- Lifting – Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling – Must be able to write, type, and use the phone system.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification
Apply in person at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites at 4820 Hixson Pike, Hixson, TN
3/10/14............Child Care Worker - Jones Memorial United Methodist Church
Jones Memorial United Methodist Church is looking to hire a Part time employee who has experience in the child care field and available to work Sundays and Wednesdays.
Interested applicants must come by Jones Memorial United Methodist Church, 4131 Ringgold Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37412 during normal business hours on Monday through Thursday to fill out an employment application.