Part Time Off Campus Jobs & Internships
Additional part time jobs and internships may be found on Moc Links. Click here to register for a Moc Links account.
2/17/17……………….Part Time Help Needed at The Blue Plate & Local 191
We are looking for host, servers, bartenders, and line cooks.
Apply in person Tuesday-Friday between 8am-10am or 2pm-5pm. Located across from the Aquarium.
2/17/17……………………Barista – Mayfly Coffee
A part-time barista position is opening at Mayfly! We're looking for someone with weekend availability. Experience preferred, but not necessary.
Please stop by the shop to fill out an application or e-mail email@example.com.
708 Mississippi Avenue Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Monday-Friday » 6:30am - 1:00pm
Saturday » 8:00am - 3:00pm
2/17/17…………….Part-time graphic artist.
My goal is for an artist to take my product Homes & Land Magazine and give it a makeover in layout and design.
Must have graphic artist skills. Will discuss software, hours and pay during an interview.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
2/17/17……………….Part-time social media position
Need help with local Homes & Land Magazine Facebook page. Setup, design, posting, promoting, etc
Must have social media knowledge. Will discuss hours and pay during an interview.
Send resume to email@example.com
2/17/17……………..Outside Sales Person Needed
We are needing a part time outside sales person for our store. Candidate would responsible for taking care of existing customers while increasing sales and developing new customers. The hours are flexible and would include salary plus commission and a car allowance.
Email resume to MBALDWIN@southernfp.com
2/16/17……………….See Rock City Full & Part Time Jobs
See Rock City has the following full/part time jobs available:
- Fairy Tale Nights Wardrobe Lead Partner
- Café 7 Host/Hostess
- Café 7 Server/Bartender
- Café 7 Cook
- Café 7 Dishwasher/Prep Cook
- Café 7 Food Runner
- Gardens Gateway Lead Partner
- Incline Food Team Leader
- Incline Admissions Partner
- Incline Food Team Leader
- Incline Partner
- Retail Partner
- Landscape Partner
- Admissions/Annual Pass Partner
- Seasonal Stands Lead Partner
For a complete job description http://www.seerockcity.com/about/employment-at-rock-city/current-openings/
To complete an application visit http://www.seerockcity.com/about/employment-at-rock-city/employment-application/
2/16/17…………………Hiring for a nanny
Looking to hire a nanny to care for a 1-year-old and 4-year-old starting in early to mid-March 2017.
Must be available at most 3 days per week primarily in the afternoon. Days and hours would vary some and could be flexible.
Applicant must be willing to drive children to and from activities. Evening flexibility on occasion would be preferred.
Location is on Signal Mountain. Pay is negotiable.
Availability through spring and summer of 2017 as well as throughout the 2017-2018 school year is preferred but not mandatory.
If interested, please contact Ryan Morehead at (864) 200-1729.
2/16/17…………….Driver Loader Needed - Part Time or Full Time
Immediate Opening - Cab over Dump (Chattanooga Hwy 153 at Jersey Pike)
Chattanooga Junk Removal Company Seeks Driver. We provides a full range of junk removal services to residential and commercial clients throughout the area.
We are currently looking for Driver/Worker to join our team STARTING IMMEDIATELY.
You must be available to work hours necessary to complete jobs daily. Some Saturday work Included.
Drive/navigate truck safely
Sell potential customers on our valued service.
Work with team members to provide a positive customer experience
Manage truck operations
Provide records of estimates/jobs at the end of the day
Work with business owners to improve service levels
Valid drivers license & clean driving record (will verify)
DOT Medical Card (Current) * - Ability to lift 70 lbs on regular basis
Good communication skills
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to work in teams and follow directions
Self-motivated and ability to work independently
Pass Drug Screen
Drivers must be at least 21-years old
Good Starting Pay with opportunity to receive Daily Sales Bonuses, Tips & "Treasure Bonuses" (Junk you haul can be yours, with owner's permission).
We are looking for individuals who are willing to take responsibility and are eager to progress.
To apply, e-mail your Resume or 4-year job history, including where & when you worked & what you did for each job (with Work References) to This Ad and put "Driver/Navigator" in the Subject line.
Junk King of Chattanooga
4295 Cromwell Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Chattanooga’s premier catering and event management company needs casual servers and bartenders.
All candidates must be neat in appearance, and be willing to put forth great energy and enthusiasm for great pay! If you work for us and we think you are great, we will pay you more and give you more work!
Most work is on weekends. We expect from most of you a relationship lasting about a year, occasionally more. Expect a great experience including some things you have not seen before, some new skills, and some pocket money.
We expect some hard work, a great smile, and a degree of loyalty. We will try and make it worth your while.
Please reply if you think you are better than the rest--by email with your resume and a little bit about yourself (including a good cell phone we can text you to contact) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. We do cordially invite you to check out our amazing website at www.ewtcaters.com
2/14/17…………………Weekend Camp Staff at Camp Adahi on Lookout Mountain
Girl Scouts is seeking enthusiastic and outdoor-loving seasonal, weekend camp staff at Camp Adahi on Lookout Mountain (address is technically Menlo, GA).
We are looking for archery instructors, boating/canoeing instructors, equestrian staff, kitchen assistant, and lifeguards
Training is provided for each position and staff are cross trained to do multiple things (which equals more hours!) The pay starts at $12 per hour and we guarantee minimum 2 hours of work for the weekends these staff commit to working.
Our camp season is primarily in the warmer months – April through early June and then August through November (we do not have summer work at this location though we are hiring for summer camp staff at our Knoxville camp!).
See attached flyer for additional information
2/14/17…………………Weekend Camp Staff at Camp Tanasi at Norris Lake
Girl Scouts is seeking enthusiastic and outdoor-loving seasonal, weekend camp staff at Camp Tanasi on beautiful Norris Lake
We are looking for climbing/rappelling tower instructors, archery instructors, kitchen assistant, and lifeguards
Training is provided for each position and staff are cross trained to do multiple things (which equals more hours!) The pay starts at $12 per hour and we guarantee minimum 2 hours of work for the weekends these staff commit to working.
Weekend programs take place from March – November.
See attached flyer for additional information
2/14/17………………………..Data Management Research Assistant - Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts General Hospital
- Type: Contract
- Location: Dayton, TN USA
- Compensation: $10/hour (negotiable)
- Work Experience Needed: < 2 years
A Research Assistant is needed in Dayton, Tennessee for up to 12 weeks for a national clinical trial conducted by Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, and the American Academy of Pediatrics. The study is funded by the National Cancer Institute.
The Research Assistant will conduct exit interviews with parents who attend their children’s medical visits at a pediatric office located in Dayton, Tennessee. The Research Assistant will approach all parents on their way out of the office and ask them a short set of questions. Parents who smoke and agree to enroll in the study will be consented and asked additional questions, which will take approximately 5-10 minutes. Recruitment will likely last about 10 consecutive weeks based on a previous data collection cycle at this site. An ideal start date would be on or around March 31. Exact schedule of the Research Assistant will depend on the hours of the practice.
Prior experience in data collection, interviewing and/or customer service is preferred. An outgoing personality and a clear speaking voice are assets. Criminal background check is required.
This is a great position for someone who is interested in public health and would like to obtain research experience with a leading research team for graduate school in public health, medical school, or another healthcare profession.
For more information regarding the study, please visit: http://www.massgeneral.org/ceasetobacco/
To be considered for the position, please email resume to email@example.com
2/13/17………………….Summer 2017 Diversity Internship Program at Tennessee Aquarium
Positions are available in the areas of Husbandry, Education and Conservation. The goal of the program is to give minority students an opportunity to gain work experience at the Aquarium, exposing them to practical applications of science that they may not otherwise consider to be viable career options.
- Education Fellows will work closely with the Aquarium’s award-winning team of professional Educators. Each Fellow will participate in all areas of the Education department guest engagement as they present informal and formal education programs to general visitors and camp groups. In addition to interacting with guests, volunteers and staff, Fellows will learn and actively participate in the daily care of the Education program animal collection. The possibilities for a valuable summer experience are endless.
- Conservation Fellows will be exposed to a several conservation science-related positions working with the Tennessee Aquarium Conservation Institute team. Areas include conservation aquaculture for reintroduction biology, field biology surveying endangered species, and translating scientific concepts for educational audiences. This hands-on opportunity will offer students an increased understanding of concepts in freshwater biology, ichthyology, herpetology, and biodiversity conservation.
- Husbandry Fellows will be exposed to a several biology-related positions working with the Tennessee Aquarium’s world-class living collection. Areas include aquaculture, aviculture, horticulture, herpetology, laboratory sciences and entomology. This hands-on opportunity will offer an understanding of freshwater conservation, animal life support systems, caring for animals in closed aquatic environments, and keeping exhibits interesting for our visiting guests.
Diversity Fellowship Requirements:
- Minority/Diversity* college student with science or education major
- Able to commit to the full internship of 11-weeks (May 15th to July 30th 2017)
- Able to climb ladders, lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Able to withstand outdoor conditions in the summer season.
- Show a high level of interest in science, education or conservation
- Provide a college transcript with a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Submit an unofficial transcript and fellowship application before Monday, April 3, 2017 at 5:00 PM
Qualifying students interested in potential internships with the Tennessee Aquarium are encouraged to apply online at https://tnaqua.applicantpro.com/jobs/ or visit our website TennesseeAquarium.org and click Employment.
2/13/17…………………..Summer 2017 Public Safety Aides - Middletown Police Department, Middleton, Delawar
Deadline: March 3, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Town of Middletown is accepting applications for Public Safety Aides for summer 2017.
Salary: $11.00 hour
Duties: As part of a bicycle patrol unit, applicants are responsible for both patrol and public relations functions in designated areas of the Town, with other assignments by officers and/or supervisors. Public Safety Aides enforce parking violations, assist the community and miscellaneous duties according to departmental policy, and are required to exercise initiative, good judgment, and discretion when faced with emergency conditions. Public Safety Aides are expected to maintain their physical condition to successfully perform the duties of a bicycle patrol officer; and operating a bicycle for long periods of time in all types of climate.
Eligibility/Departmental Requirements: Per COPT Standards of the State of Delaware.
- Possession of a valid Delaware Class D driver’s license or its equivalent
- Applicants currently enrolled in an accredited college pursuing a 2 or 4 year degree, in pursuit of a possible career in law enforcement.
- Minimum age of 18 years of age.
Hiring Process Includes: candidate questionnaire, written exam, essay, oral board interview, background investigation, including criminal, employment, credit analysis, character reference, and driving record, pre-employment physical, fitness, drug and alcohol testing, psychological examination, and may include a polygraph.
Written Exam: Applicants must attend the written exam in person, at 6:00 PM on March 15, 2017 at the Middletown Firehouse House, at 27 W. Green St., Middletown, DE 19709. Instructions to access the exam preparation guide will be emailed to you as soon as your information is received by HR.
Application Process: To be considered for the position, the Employment Application, Police Candidate Questionnaire, and Release Forms must be must be received by 4:00 pm on March 3, 2017, to the Middletown Police Department, 130 Hampden Rd., Middletown, DE 19709. If you’re unable to obtain a copy of your high school/college transcripts you may submit them later. All of the information listed above is available online at http://www.middletownde.org
Any questions, please contact Human Resources at 302-376-7946.
2/13/17…………….Innkeeper/Server/Housekeeper for Luxury B&B Inn and Event Center Near Campus
Attention rising Juniors and up:
- Need responsible, mature, high-energy, self-motivated persons who enjoy working with the Public in a hospitality setting.
- Attention to detail and excellent time-management skills are a must.
- Training and part-time hours during current semester and full-time during the summer, and you can continue into next school year.
- We will work with your class schedule.
- Starting base pay of $10.00, plus tips and monthly bonuses.
- [NOTE: This job requires working most weekends and during scheduled school breaks; please DO NOT respond to this posting if you cannot do this.]
Looking to hire 3 students.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
2/13/17…………………..Barista - Greyfriar’s
Greyfriar's Coffee & Tea Co., an independent coffee shop in downtown Chattanooga, serving fresh, in-house roasted coffee and baked items, is hiring a part-time barista to work morning and/or afternoons, early evenings.
Experience as a barista and/or in the restaurant/food service is preferred
Qualities we are looking for in a potential candidate:
- Coffee and coffee drink preparation knowledge
- Passionate customer service skill and experience
- Food preparation knowledge
- Solid mathematical skills
- Punctual, responsible, reliable, personable and honest
- Eager learner and proactive
- Capable of working in a team and independently
- Transportation necessary
This is a part-time position with weekday & weekend shifts that could evolve into full-time.
Send resumes to: email@example.com
2/11/17...................Summer Internship Program for Business, Chemistry, Communications/Journalism, Computer Science, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Graphic Design, IT, and Marketing Majors (20+ openings)- American Chemical Society Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
Please be aware that the application deadline date is FEBRUARY 17.
The American Chemical Society (ACS) has 20+ openings for its 2017 Summer Internship Program at the ACS Headquarters located in Washington DC. There are positions for those majoring in Business, Chemistry, Communications/Journalism, Computer Science, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Graphic Design, IT, and Marketing. The Summer Intern Program generally lasts for ten to twelve weeks, beginning in June and ending in August.
To Apply: If you are interested or know of any interested candidates, please apply using the following link to the ACS internships job page. Candidates are then able to create a profile, upload a resume and cover letter, and submit their application for one of the ACS summer internships.
2/10/17....................Product Management Intern - Volkswagen Group of America
Location: Chattanooga, TN
- Help to identify new automotive trends, research and concept ideas, report regularly
- Support all necessary launching activities and planning of vehicle programs
- Assist in preparing decision papers for top-management
- Evaluate specific components of a car project regarding technical issues and economical factors
- Support all interdisciplinary committee tasks
- Must be enrolled at a University/College or Graduation date must be within the last six months
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Science (Engineering) or Business or international equivalent
- Shows concern and demonstrates knowledge of cars and the automotive industry
- Possesses a quick comprehension of complex contents and has a high level of operational readiness
- Has strong communication skills and is detail oriented
- Able to work on a team and independently on specific assigned tasks
- Proficient skills in MS office (Especially in Excel and Powerpoint)
- Fluent in English, German and Spanish knowledge are preferable
- Experiences in an international environment are desirable
To Apply: Send a letter of interest to Ali Kutlu at extern.Ali.Kutlu@vw.com
2/9/17………………..Construction Engineering Internship-Highway Construction
Location: Calhoun, GA
Wright Brothers Construction Company, Inc. is currently seeking civil engineering and construction management majors to support our project team in a full or part-time internship position located in Calhoun, GA.
We have an immediate opening for this position, as well as a second position opening May 2017.
Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university pursuing a Bachelor' s of Science in Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Management. Familiarity or an internship with construction industry practices preferred, but not required.
The intern' s duties may include, but are not limited to, supporting the project management team with quantity tracking, file management, scheduling, and progress reporting. Field responsibilities may include assisting with project layout, construction drawing and trade coordination, verification of field conditions and quality control.
Pay is $15.00/hr
Interested applicants are encouraged to send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promote a Drug-Free Workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
2/9/17………………..Teacher Assistant Parent’s Night Out – St. Luke UMC
Parents' Night Out (PNO) provides respite care for family members and primary caregivers of children with special needs and their siblings ages six months to fifth grade. We will offer this respite care one Friday night per month. Staff will report at 5:30 p.m. and work until 9:30 p.m., while children are there from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Background Check and Safe Sanctuary Training
- High School Diploma
- Experience teaching, leading, engaging children including those with special needs.
- Currently pursuing educational degree or certification to serve children with special needs, i.e. early childhood education, speech therapy, pediatric O.T., etc.
The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of: the necessary principles and application of theory into practice for effective instruction and positive behavioral supports that are beneficial for implementation with all children with disabilities; the ability to provide positive behavioral support to children in a group and in an individual setting. Overall, the special educator possesses excellent human relations skills and a working knowledge of the English language in written and verbal form.
Necessary traits include: Responsible, Patient, Kind-hearted, Good communicator, and
Ability to quickly understand and respond to individual’s unique needs
The successful candidate will:
- Teach socially acceptable behavior by employing techniques in an overall positive behavioral support system.
- Provide crisis intervention, as needed, in an inclusive group setting.
- Monitor individual and/or groups of children for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Parents’ Night Out team.
- Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with children, other staff, and parents as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel objects and controls.
- Model conversation, manners, clean-up activities, listening, and everyday interactions for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social behavior in a culturally sensitive manner.
- The position also entails significant walking, bending, standing, stooping, and possible physical interventions in order to maintain a safe environment Assignment may require the ability to physically move students or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs, position students in specialized equipment, and/or change diapers as needed.
Please send resume to email@example.com.
2/9/17………………..Experienced Nanny Wanted
Looking for a caring, responsible and experienced nanny to care for our infant twins and 3 year old boy. 10 to 20 hours a week.
We prefer someone who is majoring in early childhood development and/or childhood education. We are flexible on days and willing to work with your class schedule.
You will need:
- Infant/toddler CPR certification
- Current drivers license and dependable automobile
- at least 3 references
- background check will be performed
If interested, please email current resume and list of references firstname.lastname@example.org
2/9/17…………………..Delivery Drivers Needed To Distribute Local Magazine
Job pays $8/hour and driver will be reimbursed for gas costs. This job is occasional and flexible, and you will be needed about once a month for 2-4 days, but is a great way to make some extra cash!
CMC Publications will assign you a delivery route that will cover areas of Chattanooga, North Georgia or Bradley County. You will deliver magazines to locations where people work, relax and take care of their families – including businesses, medical offices, salons, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of car insurance for the car you will be making deliveries in, and satisfactory vehicle
- Must be available between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. for at least 5 hours at a time. NOTE: Routes can take between 3 to 8 hours.
- We only deliver on week days.
- How many days you work depends on what our need is and what your availability is.
- Must have a clean car and have room for boxes of magazines.
For more information, please send resume to Sara at email@example.com.
2/8/17…………..Seasonal Positions / Flexible Hours at The Barn Nursery
The Barn Nursery – Trees, Shrubs and Pottery Departments needs YOU!!!
“Spring Training Program” to reset our Pottery Dept. and Receive Tress and Shrub “TRAILER LOAD AFTER TRAILER LOAD”
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stock inventory
- Water and fertilize plants
- General store maintenance
- Assist in customer carry-outs and deliveries
- Provide exceptional customer service
This position requires associates to work both indoors and outdoors. Requires candidates to meet lifting requirements.
Apply in person 10:00am to 5:00pm
The Barn Nursery
1801 East 24th Street Place
Chattanooga, TN 37404
2/8/17……………………Childcare Workers Needed (Chattanooga, Belvoir Area)
Are You Energetic & Enthusiastic with a Love for Children? The Shiny Penny Child Care Center is seeking afternoon staff for our nursery and toddler classroom.
Applicant must be dependable, have an upbeat personality, a connection with children and a positive attitude. Must work well with other staff and feel comfortable communicating with parents. Must respect and understand children. You have to truly enjoy children to enjoy a job in the child care field.
We treat our staff with dignity and respect and show our appreciation for their dedication to children. We have a comfortable, friendly, working atmosphere.
Hours: 2PM -6:15PM Monday-Friday
- High School Diploma
- Experience with children
- Criminal Background screening
- No smokers please (due to risks of 2nd and 3rd hand smoke to health of children)
If you are an outgoing, mature person with much patience and a love for children, AND you are available Monday-Friday, you are welcome to apply for this position.
Please send an email detailing your experience/work history, especially pertaining to children to firstname.lastname@example.org NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!
2/8/17………………………..Part Time/Full Time Help Needed as Sleep Tech
Seniors or recent graduates in Premed/Psychology /Chemistry/Biology with High GPA needed for Physicians office. For Sleep Disorders Center to work as a sleep technologist, 3rd Shift. Will train in the field. Both positions are PT/ FT. Flexible work nights.
First shift position as medical assistant also available.
Excellent learning work environment. This employer has successfully employed UTC Premed students in the past who have gone on to Medical School, Podiatry School, Veterinary School and PA school. This year three Clinical coordinators (UTC graduates) have been accepted into Med school. Freshman and Juniors can also apply and have worked here in the past.
Please send resume to email@example.com.
2/7/17……………………Red Bank Community School Program Assistant – Northside Neighborhood House
Area: Red Bank Community School
Reports to: Community School Coordinator
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 230-6p.m.
Summary: The Hub at Red Bank High School functions as a Community School Room that provides out-of-school time support to students in grades 9-12 at RBHS. Afternoon activities consist of homework support, life skills activities, clubs, and mentoring. This position will assist the Community School Coordinator in planning, coordinating and implementing programs for the Hub.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Community School Coordinator in planning, coordinating and implementing programs for youth. Provide supervision and mentoring for students in the Hub.
- Support and direct program volunteers as instructed by Community School Coordinator.
- Set up and then clean up daily educational, craft and recreational activities.
- Assist with Community School operations as deemed necessary by the Community School Coordinator
- Ability to communicate with and motivate youth
- Organization and management skills.
- Knowledge of or desire to learn behavior management for large groups.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
Education and/or Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have some college experience. Applicants who are studying or have completed degrees in the fields of education and social work are encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
To apply, please submit resume to Heather Herweyer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is February 24, 2017.
2/7/17………. Looking for Leadership and Counselors for Christian Summer Day Camp 2017
What: Camp Big Fish Summer Day Camp (www.campbigfish.org)
When: May 24th-August 4th 2017 - M-F 40+ hours / week
Where: 3 Chattanooga Locations (East Brainerd, Ooltewah, Hixson)
3 Knoxville Locations: West Hills (Middlebrook), Farragut, Downtown (near UTK)
Camp Big Fish Summer Day Camp is looking for Directors, Assistant Directors, and Camp Counselors who have previous experience, love to work with kids, have high energy and are looking to be in a fun and engaging work environment where you can have a positive impact on young people and build relationships with co-workers that share same interests.
Come prepared to have a summer full of lasting memories and friendships!
2/7/17………………….Customer Service Representative – Two Men and a Truck
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for growing sales by partnering with other franchise staff to provide outstanding customer service to all TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® customers through in-depth knowledge of company products and services.
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as the first point of contact for new and existing customers to establish a rapport and build confidence in TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® services
- Asks open-ended, probing questions to determine customer requirements and expectations
- Directly and accurately inputs information in to “Movers Who Care®” software to estimate cost for customers, as well as scheduling needs for movers, drivers and trucks
- Makes recommendations according to customer's needs on moving services, boxes, supplies and equipment and other value-added services; may recommend alternate services and/or products based on cost, availability or customer specifications
- Educates customer on terminology, policies and procedures, anticipated delays and any additional information needed to increase customer satisfaction and improve profitability
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements when scheduling moving services and staff
- Continually maintains thorough understanding of all company products, services, pricing and promotions in order to communicate the benefits and value of TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® and effectively oppose any customer objections
- Prepares all move-related paperwork and documents on a daily basis
- Obtains customer feedback through regular follow-up calls, both during and after moves to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and proactively resolve any complaints
- Calmly and professionally handles displeased customers and provides timely feedback to management regarding customer concerns
- May assist management with scheduling and tracking of movers and drivers in accordance with move requirements
- May prepare various reports for management as well as gather research and statistics
- May prepare proposals, letters, mass mailings, and other miscellaneous correspondence
- May participate in various marketing activities including networking, direct mail and charitable move coordination
- Ensures display area is maintained in a clean and professional manner; i.e. brochure stocks and box displays
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (SKA) Required
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful)
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Good grammar, voice and diction
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively
- Accurate; consistent attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques
- Confidence to initiate customer contact, and comfortable asking for the sale
- Strong team player who works productively with a wide range of people and personalities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment; able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills
- Able to perform basic business math
- Able to present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
- Demonstrated integrity, ethical standards, and commitment to TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Core Values
- Bilingual is a plus
The hours for this position are Monday – Friday 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM and Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Please be sure you are available for these times before applying.
Please apply at www.twomen.com/careers
2/3/17……………..Assistant to Environmental/Safety Manager – Eureka Foundry, Chattanooga
Length of Employment: 3 to 4 month increments with reviews
Type of Employment: Part time paid position 5 to 20 hours per week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Applicants must be a Junior or Senior enrolled at UTC taking at least nine hours of classes. Applicants must have completed courses regarding OSHA’S Hazard Communication Program, SARA Community Right to Know, and the Clean Air Act. Industrial Hygiene basics a plus.
Applicants must be able to climb ladders, work in tight spaces and be able to lift weights up to 40 pounds. Applicants will be required to wear dust masks, ear plugs, hard hats, respirators, safety glasses or goggles or other required protective equipment. Applicant must provide their own steel toe safety boots.
Collect and maintain required information for TOSHA and EPA annual reports and permits. Track solid waste for TN Special Waste. Assist with Industrial Hygiene Monitoring for Silica Compliance. Monitor tasks of employees during IH Monitoring. Other tasks as needed to assist the Environmental/Safety Manager.
Please Fax resume to:
2/2/17…………………..Youth Soccer Coach Needed
Part Time, with very flexible hours.
We are a character driven organization dedicated to instilling core values into youth through the game of soccer.
To apply, call 423-599-3673 or email email@example.com with your contact information by March 1st.
2/2/17………………..Summer Sales & Marketing Internship – The AroundCampus Group
We want to teach you the skills to be successful in any field after college. We invest in you and your success!
Have you ever convinced your professor you deserved an “A”? Have you ever convinced your parents to put money in your bank account? Then you could have what it takes to be an AroundCampus All Star.
AroundCampus Group is the leading campus media and marketing company in the United States. Over the past 43 years, AroundCampus Group's media portfolio has been a valuable advertising vehicle for local, regional, and national businesses to engage the campus community.
AroundCampus Group is seeking Outside Sales Summer Interns to help connect local businesses with your college campus by selling advertisements that will appear in the Student Planner, on AroundCampus.com, CollegiateParent.com, and our UConnection mobile app.
As an Outside Sales Summer Intern, you will:
- Learn the fundamentals of the sales process through our proven 7 step model
- Step outside your comfort zone and learn about your local community
- Receive extensive hands on sales training to prepare you for the internship
- Develop pertinent interpersonal communication skills
- Become skilled at building professional sales relationships with local businesses
- Learn how to prospect new and renewal clients
- Become an expert in time and account management
- Gain professional sales knowledge
- Connect with our Career Partner Network
- Grow resume building skills, that will help you stand out in a competitive market
- Work Monday-Friday 8:30 AM -5:30 PM during the summer
- Need reliable transportation and housing near your local college campus
Qualified candidates will be:
- Confident, driven, competitive, and focused on building their career
- Great listeners who love to work with people
- Goal-oriented who like working independently, as well as, working with a team
- Willing to constantly learn, improve, and who are able to adapt quickly
- Excited about discovering and exploring
Our all-expenses paid training, and the experience gained from our internship, is an incredible opportunity. We also have 16 companies that hire directly out of our program such as Federated Insurance, Gartner, Edward Jones, TEKsystems to name a few.
Think you have what it takes to be an AroundCampus All Star? APPLY NOW! http://www.aroundcampusgroup.com/os-apply
2/1/17………………………Student Recruiter – Blood Assurance
We’re looking for about 10 hours/ week from an energetic and enthusiastic student to talk about donating blood at our Center right across from McKenzie arena or at any local Blood Assurance facility or mobile drive location.
The pay is $10/ hour.
The Student Recruiter is responsible for educating and promoting the blood donation process through active participation in college and university events. Educates students, professors and other faculty about the donation process. Recruits donors from campus and from the community to meet weekly collection goals for the nearest facility. Assists with planning and participating in special events on campus.
- Education: Attending a college or university within the Blood Assurance territory
- Licensure: None.
- Experience: Marketing, sales, or public speaking experience preferred. Active with Student Government Association and other student organizations.
- Skills: Clear and creative written and verbal communications skills; effective public speaking and presentation skills; planning skills and initiative; ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal direct supervision; cooperation, teamwork and enthusiasm.
Environmental and Working Conditions:
- Requires work performing finger stick on donors. Employees in this position are required to receive the Hepatitis B vaccine.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND STANDARDS
- DONOR RECRUITMENT
- Develops relationships with key contacts at schools including professors, faculty, student leaders, and student organizations both on and off campus.
- Works with other recruiters to assist with special promotions and summer drive events; plans and coordinates education presentations, special events and college drive bookings with the territory’s recruiter.
- Assists with blood typing and Be the Match special events.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
- Telerecruits donors to the donor center as needed.
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- Works with local college departments as a resource for them to promote The Cesar Chavez, a national blood drive event held annually.
- Recruits donors to the National Marrow Donor Registry (Be the Match).
- Maintains donor privacy and/or confidential donor information at all times.
- Cooperates with other departments of Blood Assurance and other outside agencies to meet their needs.
- Presents self and position professionally in appearance and in communications with donors, visitors, and other employees at all times.
Resumes should be sent to Patti Wallace at PattiWallace@bloodassurance.org for consideration.
2/1/17…………………….LHHH TRANSPORTATION IS HIRING DRIVERS
LHHH is a non-emergency medical transportation service providing paratransit service to health offices such as doctors, dentists, dialysis, and school for special needs students. LHHH also provides special events transportation within the Chattanooga Metro Area. LHHH is conveniently located at the Eastgate Town Center at 5600 Brainerd Rd. Suite WS4, Chattanooga, TN.
LHHH is pleased to announce a formal open recruitment for new drivers. We are excited about being able to expand our services to our beloved community. LHHH is looking for people with a clean criminal background and driving record. Potential Drivers must obtain a F endorsement on Driver License and DOT Physical Exam. Don’t worry if you have never driven, proper training is offered to all new drivers.BENEFITS:
- Flexible work times
- Starting Pay: $10.00 per hour
- LHHH provides the vehicles
- Work with Elderly and Children
Interested applicants should contact Robin Davis at 423-894-4927 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. LHHH corporate website can be found at www.lovinghands-transportation.com . Please SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY!!
2/1/17………………Summer Youth Intern - Berry’s Chapel Church of Christ, Franklin, Tennessee
Position: Male Summer Youth Intern
Purpose/Objective: To lead & communicate youth group activities, to connect the youth with Christ through your example and teaching, to help them grow in their faith, and to help build relationships within the youth ministry. This is a great opportunity to work with a team for the summer. This team would consist of two youth deacons, a female youth intern (already in place), and several volunteer adult youth workers. We have an active and diverse youth group comprised of approximately 35 teens grades 7th-12th.
- Help coordinate, communicate, and lead youth activities and events.
- Reach out to the guys in the youth group to build relationships with them and each other. To promote unity among the youth group and encourage parental support/involvement.
- Teach, mentor, and encourage the youth in their walk with God and understanding of His Word. To provide opportunities for the youth to use their gifts and strengths to serve and lead in the youth ministry.
- Take time to continually reflect and spend time with God. Seek out/maintain a strong accountable relationship with a brother in Christ.
Major Summer Events:
- Work Camp, VBS, Summer Camp, Mission Trip, End of Summer Trip
- Interns will receive a salary of $ 350.00 per week
- All Youth Ministry related expenses will be paid
- Housing will be provided
- A love for God and a desire to be used by Him.
- A love for students and a desire to see them grow in their faith.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Spiritual gifts or abilities that may include leadership, encouragement, ability to connect God’s love & Word with where students are.
- A sense of humor.
Those interested in being considered for an internship during the summer of 2017 should
contact/email their resume to: Mark Sullivan (Youth Deacon) at email@example.com or 615-533-1470
2/1/17……………….Part-time floater teacher – First Centenary UMC
Hours will range from 10-25 hours per week. I am seeking an individual that has a flexible schedule and can work various hours throughout the week.
The individual for this position would work in various classrooms ranging from infants to preschool age. This individual would assist in each classroom with daily routines and follow daily schedules including changing diapers, feeding meals and bottles, interacting with children, cleaning, going outside etc.
Experience in a child care setting is preferred.
2/1/17……………Part-Time Program Aide Position - Boy Scouts of America
Are you energetic, enthusiastic, and outgoing? Need a flexible part time job? Want
to work with the Boy Scouts of America? THEN WE WANT YOU!
You will be responsible for Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts in after school programs in inner city communities.
Position requires 10-20 hours of work a week with programs meeting between 2:30-6:30 pm on weekdays.
Must be 21 years of age. Bilingual a plus. Compensation based on experience.
The scouting program assistant would assist local charter partners, providing activities and programs to support scout units. They would ensure continuity of each Scouting unit with a good, year-round quality program. They should work in partnership with existing community resources. They should work with institutional head of a charter partner to identify, recruit, train and assist additional volunteers that could one day take over all leadership responsibilities.
- Provide a quality, meaningful program of Scouting to the youth of the chartering organization.
- Emphasize adult recruitment to assist with the program.
- Continue to develop the relationship with the charter partner.
- Assist youth members to advance along scouting trail.
- Complete advancement reports and submit them to the Council Service Center.
- Plan adequate ceremonies to encourage interest in Scouting.
- Encourage participation and assist in District and Council activities.
- Complete program report after each program is conducted.
The job of program assistant will have direct impact on a group of scouts that may not otherwise participate in our program. They would report directly to the ScoutReach District Executive and have weekly report meetings with her to discuss progress. This is a part-time position with the program assistant working no more than 20 hours a week. Pay varies depending on experience. Hours are flexible however, afternoons and early evenings are usually when Cub Scout packs and Boy Scout troops meet. Occasional weekends are required.
If interested, send resume and/or contact Phil Garrett at Phillip.firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-892-8323. Fax resume to 423-713-7637.
1/31/17……………….Referees Wanted for Adult Sports League
We are seeking individuals with GREAT PERSONALITIES that have a strong background in sports. It's a great way to meet new people and have fun while getting paid.
We are seeking referees for the following: Kickball, Softball, Flag Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball
Referee Job Requirements Include:
- Have a social, outgoing personality (a MUST to be considered for the position)
- Be committed to learning the rules and procedures
- Be fair, polite and firm enforcing rules and policies
- Handle player disagreements with a level head
PT position. Starting pay is $15+ per game. Position will require initial training period.
Must be 21+ to apply.
Input your availability and background at our website: http://www.playcsl.com/referees
1/31/17………………Seeking Social Individuals for Field Manager Position
We are seeking bubbly, outgoing individuals to manage onsite adult sports operations such as Kickball, Soccer, Flag Football, Softball & Volleyball.
Job requirements/duties include:
- Have a social, outgoing personality (an absolute must have to be considered for the position)
- Socialize with the league teams
- Checking players in and collecting fees
- Assisting referees and monitoring game play
- Helping out with social events
- Taking pictures and videos and posting to social media
This is a part time position and hours may vary from week to week.
Must be 21+ to apply.
Starting pay is $12 per hour.
Click here to apply http://www.playcsl.com/referees
1/31/17………………SEASONAL & YEAR-ROUND STAFF NEEDED FOR 2017
Camp Courageous is a year-round recreational and respite care facility for individuals with disabilities. Campers with intellectual and physical disabilities, brain injuries, hearing or visual impairments, autism and other special needs are served.
Working with children and adults with special needs is often a very real challenge. Campers may need help with personal care including feeding, dressing, and bathroom needs. Some campers exhibit behavioral challenges. Patience, energy, good judgment and enthusiasm are important qualifications for a position at Camp Courageous. The hours are long. An unselfish attitude and an emphasis on teamwork are needed. Staff are expected to put the campers’ needs before their own. If you possess the necessary attributes, I invite you to apply for a position at Camp Courageous.
Volunteer positions, internships, and paid positions are available. Volunteers and Interns can receive an optional stipend of $50.00/week plus room and board, and a restricted medical plan.
Paid counselors and activity specialists receive the best employment package around. Seasonal staff earn $440/week while year-round staff earn $575-$630/week. Room and board are provided which include air conditioned staff dormitories affording the staff separate living quarters from the campers. Staff share cabin duty on a rotating basis. Other benefits include a restricted medical plan for seasonal staff and health insurance and one week of paid vacation for year-round staff. Camp provides a bonus for returning seasonal summer staff and a monetary incentive for recruiting additional summer staff. Candidates for year-round positions must have experience with individuals with disabilities. Seasonal positions are for one or more season.
YR-ROUND: Starts the first day of the season requiring a one-year commitment.
- WINTER: January 30 – March 24, 2017
- SPRING: March 27 to May 19, 2017
- SUMMER: May 21 to August 18, 2017
- FALL: August 28 to December 15, 2017
- Nature Specialist
- Counselors - $175/weekend.
- Adventure Specialist
- Recreation Specialist
- Canoeing Specialist
- Outdoor Living Skills Specialist
- Crafts Specialist
- Kitchen Staff
- Swimming Specialist
- Health Staff Assistant
For more information contact: Jeanne Muellerleile
Camp Courageous of Iowa
P.O. Box 418
Monticello, IA 52310-0418
319-465-5916 ext. 2300
Non-smokers please. Feel free to apply online by accessing the camp’s Web site at
1/31/17……………………..Full or Part Time Order Puller - Ribbon and Bows Oh My, Hixson
Each Order Puller contributes primarily to the fulfillment of orders. The Pullers’ primary goal is to complete the orders distributed to them by the Shipping Manager accurately and in a timely manner.
We are looking for a 30 - 35 hour position with pay starting around $9/hour.
- Pull orders provided by Shipping Manager
- Includes pulling order from racks and also assembling missing items as needed
- Assemble DIY kits as needed
- Assemble hardware/miscellaneous items as needed
- Ensures the quality of their individual orders
- Minimize missing items in orders
- Minimize need for Order Checker to replace/retrieve missing items
- Provide support on other tasks as deemed necessary by Shipping Manager or Owner
Email resumes to email@example.com.
1/30/17……………….Zoo Ride Attendant- Seasonal Associate
The Chattanooga Zoo is looking for an exceptional and enthusiastic rides associates with skills interacting with and assisting guests at zoo rides. Normal duties will include day to day cashier duties, operating the zoo's carousel and trackless train, and may include acting as a loader for the zoo’s camel ride exhibit. This position will require working on weekends and holidays as the schedule necessitates. This position is seasonal.
Candidates with experience working with the public is preferred. Candidate must have excellent team work skills as well as communicate with coworkers and supervisors effectively.
Candidate must have a high school degree, but a college degree or equivalent experience is preferred. Candidate must have at least 6 months of cash handling and/or ride operations experience. The candidate must be able to lift, bend, and twist 30-40 lbs. This position requires standing at the zoo carousel, or camel rides, or sitting in the zoo’s train for the entirety of the day.
The Chattanooga Zoo is a member of the Tennessee Drug Free Workplace program, a pre-employment drug test and a background check will be performed.
To apply, or for more information please visit the Chattanooga Zoo’s website: http://www.chattzoo.org/about/employment. All applications are taken online, through the Chattanooga Zoo’s website.
1/26/17……………..Part-time Box Office and Event/Door Staff Needed – Track 29 & Revelry Room
Track 29 and Revelry Room are now hiring for part-time Box Office and Event/Door Staff positions!
- Reliable transportation/Valid Drivers License
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be available to work nights & weekends
- Passion for music & events
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Set-up & breakdown of event materials as needed, such as tables, chairs, trash cans, tearing wristbands, etc.
- Checking IDs/Wristbands
- Providing outstanding customer service
- Selling artist merchandise as needed
- Box office duties include: selling tickets, cash handling, customer service, etc
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (not .com) or pick up an application at the Track 29 box office (open Fridays 10am-6pm), or at the Revelry Room box office (open Revelry Room show days at 6pm).
If you have previously applied, email us and let us know you're still interested to email@example.com (not .com). We will be reviewing all applications/resumes over the next few weeks and scheduling interviews.
For more information or if you have any questions, please include in your email or feel free to call us at (423) 521-2929. Come ROCK with us!
1/26/17…………………….Part-Time Website Administrator – Southern Champion Tray
Thank you for talking with me, yesterday. As we discussed Southern Champion Tray is looking for a permanent, part-time Website Administrator to work in our Compress Street headquarters.
The Website Administrator will maintain and provide ongoing design updates for Southern Champion Tray’s corporate website, SCTray.com. This person will also further develop SCT’s social media presence. The position will require between 20 to 25 hours per week and will be located at SCT Compress Street offices.
- Update information, material and images on the site, such as:
- Product list, specs and images
- Custom package images and customer testimonials
- Company awards information
- Product catalogs and flyers
- Join our Team team member recruitment section pictures and stories
- Sustainability certifications and approvals
- Company capabilities information
- Receive and forward requests for quotes and information to appropriate sales people or administrative staff.
- Develop additional pages, including “Who to Contact” and “How To” video pages.
- Maintain the Close-out Page with help of Customer Service team members.
- Develop social media strategies and maintain ongoing social media presence, including developing and regularly maintaining an SCT blog with input from team members from various departments.
- Develop strategies to increase social media traffic and followers to SCTray.com and all other social media sites.
- 3-5 years of website administration experience.
- 3-5 years of social media development and administration experience.
- Background in graphic design a plus.
- An undergraduate degree in communications, media, advertising, marketing or business preferred.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Understanding of website development, design and administration principles. ExpressionEngine and SharePoint experience a plus.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with stakeholders in various departments to collect relevant material for the website and social media sites.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and exercise independent judgment.
- Organizational Agility, working through various channels and across functional areas to obtain necessary inputs.
- Influence without Authority, gaining support and alignment through an understanding of shared benefit across various business functions.
- Strategic Relationships, building cross-functional trust and collaboration through interactions with various departments.
Applicants can apply by visiting www.SCTray.com and clicking on the Join Our Team link, scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking on the Apply Now button. They will see a listing of available positions where they’ll see the Website Administrator posting.
1/26/17……………………Caregiver Positions Available
Silver Angels Home Care Specialists is currently seeking caregivers in the Athens, Bradley, Monroe, McMinn, & Polk Counties.
Primary responsibilities focus on various types of Attendant Care, Companion Care, Homemakers, Personal Care & Respite Care.
Work is on a flexible schedule.
View full job description and apply online at www.silverangels.com.
1/26/17…………………….Summer Jobs at Escape Experience Chattanooga
Escape Experience Chattanooga is hiring part-time scenario moderators who will be staying in Chattanooga over the summer!
Escape Experience Chattanooga is an escape room company located in Chattanooga’s Southside area dedicated to creating truly immersive experiences that stimulate your senses, pull at your emotions, and place you in environments that are believable.
We are currently looking for fun, friendly, and hard-working people to join our team. Our staff members must be driven, bright, outgoing, personable, and show a willingness to go the extra mile to provide the best possible experience for every participant-whether they escape or not. We offer flexible schedules perfect for college students with the goal of keeping good people around long term.
- 15-20+ hours (3+ shifts/week)
- Must be willing to work weekends
- Excellent customer service skills--people person wanted
- Graphic design, writing, marketing, and construction skills desired but not required
Email resumes, references, and weekly availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
1/25/17.....................Preschool Teachers Needed - Northshore
North Chattanooga childcare center/preschool seeks a full time teacher's assistant. Candidates should have experience/education in early childhood, and worked with young children in a group setting. High school diploma required, college preferred. The position requires patience and an understanding of the preschool age child. Great communication skills are important.
We offer an great work environment, paid holidays, vacations and training. Equal Opportunity Employer. Must pass a background check. Pay is between $8-11/hour, depending on education/experience.
Please email a brief cover letter and resume or a summary of your experience for consideration. Send to email@example.com.
1/25/17…………………Jobs at Chattanooga Zoo
Chattanooga Zoo will begin to hire employees for the upcoming season in multiple departments including rides, concessions, retail, and admissions.
1/24/17…………….Administrative/Marketing Assistant - State Farm Insurance
Person applying for this position must have proficient Microsoft Office package and typing skills. Candidate must have excellent organizational and communication skills. Should be able to perform in a professional environment and able to dress in business casual attire. Ability to learn systems in order to support State Farm business applications. Also must be willing to get licensed to sell insurance in the state of Tennessee. On-sight training is available.
Part-time position with 20-30 hours per week.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1/24/17……………..Now Hiring at Westside Youth Leadership Academy
The Net Resource Foundation is looking for part-time, paid staff to fill three paid positions for the Westside Youth Leadership Academy after school program.
The After School Program Para Professional will serve as an assistant to the program director. They will provide assistance with programming and other duties assigned within the program curriculum.
Founded in 2015, The Net Resource Foundation is organized in the urban context of the Alton Park Community for personal and professional growth so that individuals can better serve their families and communities with the hope of impacting crime, building self-image, and self-esteem. We accomplish this through children and youth development, feeding programs, education, job training, and health and wellness programs.
- Part- Time, Temporary
- Work Days: Monday - Thursday
If you are interested in applying, please complete and return the attached application to:
1/23/17………….Part Time Laboratory Technician – Sofix Corporation
Paid Internship: $12.00/hour
Job Summary: The Part-Time Laboratory Technician is a non-career, paid internship position that performs quality analysis on weekends and other times when a Lab Technician is not available (i.e. vacations). The position is designed for a chemistry student and offers a wide variety of industrial chemistry experience in a quality control laboratory. The position reports to the Lab Management and aids other Laboratory Personnel. This classification is responsible for all in-process and finished product routine testing performed in the Quality Control/Wet lab for the days and hours they are assigned to work. The Part-time laboratory technician internship is designed to last for approximately one year and can be terminated at any time if necessary. If the student graduates at any time during the internship they may stay and complete the duration of the internship. The benefits package does not apply to non-career part-time internship positions.
- Capable of performing all work in a safe manner.
- Operate analytical equipment such as UV-Vis Spectrometer, melting point, Color meter, and various electronic balances to inspect in-process samples according to Lab SOPs.
- Capable of performing Acid base titrations and measuring specific gravity of Acid samples according to Lab SOPs.
- Knowledgeable of typical laboratory equipment, techniques, and procedures.
- Discuss progress and interim findings with Lab Management.
- Perform some instrument checks.
- Checks inventory and reports ordering needs to lab Management on a weekly basis.
- Handle all lab waste streams in accordance with procedures.
- Help keep lab clean and organized.
- Able to work 20 – 25 hours a week. Weekend work is required.
- Can fill-in with the above job duties for other lab personnel who are out.
- Conduct an exit presentation upon completion of the internship.
- Become familiar with and follow all safety rules.
Management systems: PSM / ISO 9000 / ISO 14000/ OHSAS 18000 / TNCPE:
- Must understand and conform with the requirements of each Management System as they impact your position.
- Additional responsibilities as listed in the Training Record.
- Carry out testing of in-process and 28% truck samples that are in Lab daily report.
- Working toward or has a BA/BS degree in Chemistry or equally qualifying field. Must be enrolled in or have completed some course work in organic chemistry and/or quantitative analysis.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in English and able to communicate in a professional manner.
- Must undersatnd how to work in a Windows Operating Environment and use programs such as email, Word, Excel, and basic data entry.
The interested students should email a copy of their resume with lab instructor references to email@example.com.
1/23/17…………………..Part Time Product Demonstrator Needed – Milos Tea
Milo’s Tea Company Inc. is a family owned business. We produce an all-natural, freshly brewed product with no additives or preservatives.
We need your help to spread the word!
If you enjoy striking up a conversation and meeting new people, we would like to talk with you!
Product Demonstrators will be working in local retail stores on weekends to share our story while having shoppers taste the Milo’s Difference through samples.
Visit our website to learn more and apply for the Product Demonstrator position at www.drinkmilos.com
1/23/17…………..Cold Stone Creamery is now hiring part-time crew members who are planning on staying in Chattanooga over summer!
We serve up the finest, freshest ice cream, cakes, smoothies and shakes using only the highest quality ingredients, and of course, our signature process of preparing custom ice cream creations on a frozen granite stone.
Our crew members must be bright, outgoing, personable, and show a willingness to go the extra mile to provide the Ultimate Ice Cream Experience for each and every customer. You need to be motivated, creative and hardworking individual who enjoys interacting with people and working with food. We've got a smooth-running team behind the counter, so you'll have to work well with others, always communicating in a positive manner with managers and co-workers. In the end, you'll walk away with lifelong skills that'll be with you for the rest of your career.
We are looking for employees who are:
- Able to work additional hours during holiday times
- Customer service oriented (i.e. outgoing, friendly)
- Creative and artistic
- A sense of urgency in all tasks
- Ability to learn quickly
- Effective oral communication skills
- Previous work experience preferred
Please email your resume, include the hours you are available on weekdays and weekends, and put the email subject line as "Cold Stone Application" to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can complete an application at: www.coldstonecreamery.com/jobs/
We are very flexible to work around school schedules!
1/20/17………………Engineering and Science Research Opportunity at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) – Oak Ridge, TN
Appointments for Summer 2017!
Apply NOW to the Nuclear Engineering Science Laboratory Synthesis Programs (NESLS) Program at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) – Summer 2017
- Current AAS, BS, MS, and PhD students – Majors related to Engineering, Earth and Geosciences, Environmental and Marine Sciences, Life Health and Medical Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics, Nanotechnology, Chemistry, Physics, International Relations, Political Science, Government, Policy, Risk Analysis, Science Writing, Public Affairs, and Computer Sciences
- Stipend based on academic status – range from $529/week to $935/week for full-time; pro-rated for part-time
- Travel/Housing assistance (if eligible)
- Professional development activities
- Minimum GPA - 3.0/4.0
- Open to U.S. Citizens, Legal Permanent Residents (LPR) and Eligible International Citizenship
Must apply at https://www.zintellect.com/Posting/Details/2649 by February 28, 2017 for Summer term
1/20/17………….Shift Lead/Pizza Crew Member/Delivery Driver Positions - Marcos Pizza-East Brainerd
Headquartered in Toledo, OH Marco's Pizza is the fastest-growing pizza company in the U.S. Marco's was founded by native Italian, Pasquale "Pat" Giammarco, and is committed to making Ah!thentic Italian pizza with fresh ingredients. The company has grown from its roots as a beloved Ohio brand to operate more than 500 stores in 35 states, and the Bahamas.
We are hiring for the following positions Full-Time/Part-Time/Mornings/Day/Evenings:
- Shift Lead
- Pizza Crew Member
- Delivery Driver
- Assistant Manager
For further details and to apply go to http://www.marcospizzajobs.com/ and select East Brainerd location.
1/20/17……………….Physician Scribe - Cornerstone Medical Center in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
- $10 per hour after initial training period- $8 per hour during training
- Flexible schedule- you choose which days you can to work
- Paid training providing a crash course in medicine.
- Offers paid one-on-one time with physicians.
- You get full exposure to the real clinical settings.
- It is an excellent resume builder for medical or graduate school.
We are recruiting outstanding students interested in careers in medicine to begin staffing their program. Our company is the largest scribe company in the United States. We are looking to recruit students to become part of our team.
The job opportunity is called a “Scribe;” we act as personal assistants to the physician and perform all of their non-patient-care tasks. These include documentation, patient tracking, organization, and much more. We are looking for extremely motivated, sharp, and adaptable students who perform well in a fast-paced and high-energy environment. Because you will work one-on-one with a board certified physician for the entirety of their shift you become intimately familiar with medicine. It is incredibly exciting to work as a scribe. Additionally, you gain first-hand experience documenting exactly like a physician; a skill that is invaluable later for any career in health.
There is both theoretical classroom training and applied training live in the clinical setting. Because of the rigors of training, all hours spent training are paid. After training, shifts last 8-12 hours each, and we ask for a minimum of two shifts per week. Additionally, since we commit over 100 hours of training for each employee, there is a verbal commitment of two years of work. The training starts at $8.00 per hour (or the state’s minimum wage) and raises to $10.00 per hour after you have proved your ability to work in the clinical setting. Additionally, we are looking to hire a chief scribe to run the program at this hospital, so career opportunities are available for outstanding candidates.
Few other positions allow for such direct exposure to the medicine, and this opportunity is paid! This job is one of a kind; those who have excelled as scribes have consistently progressed to have successful careers in medicine. If you especially impress a physician, they will be happy to provide a strong letter of recommendation. The medical terminology acquired during your time as a scribe will put you leagues above your other classmates whether in medical school, physician assistant school, or another healthcare related postgraduate education program.
To find out more information visit www.scribeamerica.com where you can find further information and apply to work in our program.
How to Apply: Visitwww.scribeamerica.com for the application
1/20/17………………..Food Microbiologist Intern - McKee Foods
Best known for Little Debbie® snack cakes, America’s leading snack cake brand, Sunbelt Bakery® granola products, and Drake’s Cakes®, McKee Foods Corporation is seeking an Intern to join our Microbiology Lab in Summer of 2017. This student will receive guidance from experienced Food Technologists as he/she gains exposure to the food science function within a leading snack-food manufacturer. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a company that is committed to providing consumers with quality products at an excellent value. McKee Foods is a privately held, family owned company with a 50+ year history of innovation and treating employees with respect, and a deeply held belief in the importance of doing business with integrity.
Schedule: Monday - Friday,8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (up to 40 hours per week may be expected during summer months and school breaks)
Learn from a great team of Food Technology professionals! Join us as an active part of the Microbiology team and you will gain exposure to many facets of microbiological testing. This is a great chance to put your technical skills and knowledge to work. The successful student will provide support in specific tasks such as preparing microbiological media, completing quality tests and preparing sponge samples. We’ll be excited to teach you additional aspects of food safety and quality testing while you gain plenty of experience. As an Intern, you will be a resource to a team that helps bring together technical knowledge, food safety and quality aspects of food manufacturing. Make McKee Foods a part of your education plan to help you develop the technical analysis skills needed to become a Food Technology professional!
- Current enrollment in a four-year college degree or MS degree program in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, Food Technology, Nutrition, or equivalent area of study
- Junior, Senior or Masters’ student
- Undergraduate work including successful completion in some or all of the following courses:
- Biology, Chemistry, Food Quality, Food Safety
- Currently enrolled in or completion of at least one course in general Microbiology
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel
- Self-motivated, with strong initiative and self direction
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively alone or in a team environment
- Ability to clearly document procedures, problems, solutions, etc.
- Strong problem-solving, trouble-shooting and analytical skills
- Prior experience working in a microbiology lab
- Previous food manufacturing experience
- 0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Competitive pay scale
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Direct deposit payroll
- Credit Union
- Exercise and recreation facility
*Please note: Spare and limited employees (including interns) are not eligible for some company benefits.
Please upload your current resume to be fully considered for this position.
To apply: Please visit our website at www.mckeefoods.com under the careers link to complete an online application. All applications must be received by March 1, 2017. Equal Opportunity Employer
1/19/17………………….Live-in, Part time sitter / nanny
We are seeking a college student to watch our boys, ages 9 and 6, for 48 hours a month (approximately 12 hours a week) in exchange for living with us during the 2017-2018 school year. All time beyond 48 hours will be paid.
Applicant must be available Mondays and Tuesdays between 3pm-9pm, and all other time is flexible.
We have a large spare room with its own full bathroom and closet. Cable, wireless Internet, all utilities and laundry, is included.
Start date is flexible. Applicant can begin as early as May, or as late as August.
Email Oakes320@gmail.com if interested.
1/19/17……………….Part Time Help Needed
Looking for a very well organized person who can deep clean a house...also need help with yardwork. A couple of Saturdays and Sundays each month in Red Bank area $9/hr.
Text 423-598-1759 for details
1/19/17……………….Retail Associates (year-round, part-time)
A children’s art, home décor and book boutique is looking for energetic staff for retail sales and special events, who enjoy being creative, are interested in interior design and appreciate children’s literature. The shop has art, furniture, bedding and books for children. An outgoing, patient and positive personality is a must to succeed in this environment.
This position might be of particular interest to interior design, art, education and literature/creative writing majors; though not required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Enthusiastic commitment to the highest quality of customer service with every interaction
- Courteous and polite in all situations
- Driven by sales goals
- Basic math skills: ability to count out correct change with sales transactions and understand percentage calculations
- Ability to work alone and independently but can positively collaborate with a team and follow detailed instructions
- Able to revise work based on constructive feedback
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Ability to energetically communicate with children and clients
- Flexible, collaborative and creative approach to work and interactions
- Passionate about children’s home décor and art
- Strong belief in the importance of literacy, in particular with children
- Proficient with technology: iPad based applications, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Trustworthy and dependable; committed to a superior work ethic
Skills and Experience Preferred:
- Experience in a retail environment and/or working with children
- Ability and confidence to read aloud to children with excitement
- Retail sales, including assisting clients with custom design decisions, check-out/cash register, gift wrapping, sales reports and more
- Maintain knowledge about in-stock and custom order merchandise and suppliers
- Stay up-to-date on new and best selling books and authors
- Learn and retain knowledge regarding specific art mediums and artists represented
- Process custom and restocking orders
- Receive and unpack stock
- High School diploma or GED required; some post-secondary education preferred
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Lifting (some moderate to heavy), Bending, Reaching and Climbing (ladder)
- Standing for long periods of time while maintaining high energy level
Pay is supplemented with sales commissions. Hours may vary week to week, including weekends and busy holiday seasons. Must be available during the summer months as well.
Must be able to pass a background check.
Resumes, cover letters (3-4 paragraphs, 1 page) and 5 references should be emailed to email@example.com.
1/18/17.................…….Line Cooks Needed – 2 Sons Kitchen & Market
Want to join the excitement of a new restaurant opening on MLK? 2 Sons Kitchen & Market will be a great place to work and eat, while giving back to the community. We are looking for service team members to join our team.
The workplace culture at 2 Son’s Kitchen is safe, fun, challenging, educational, fulfilling, comfortable and progressive. We want to build a place in the community where people are compelled to shop, eat, learn and work every day. Our mission is to be the best restaurant in Chattanooga Tennessee. We want accomplish that with great food; with smiles on faces that you’ll know like family, in an atmosphere you don’t want to leave, around people that don’t suck, and with mountains of gratitude.
- Flexible Hours
- Competitive Wages
- It's a Fun and Friendly Place to Work
- Opportunity for advancement
- Health Insurance for full time employees
If interested, please email resumes or contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1/18/17………………..Internship with Tennessee Higher Education Commission
THEC hosts interns during each Fall, Spring, and Summer term in the Policy, Research, and Fiscal Affairs division. Positions are open to undergraduate and graduate students with relevant experience and acceptable qualifications. THEC’s internship program offers participants the opportunity to learn from and contribute to the Commission’s ongoing efforts to coordinate higher education in Tennessee, advance student access and completion, and produce a more educated workforce. While interns are typically housed in the Policy, Research, and Fiscal Affairs division, opportunities for collaboration with other THEC divisions is encouraged and may be arranged.
Internships are paid positions, and interns may earn academic or professional credit for participation.
The primary responsibility of interns is to support the Policy, Research, and Fiscal Affairs (or designated) division by:
- Collaborating with state and agency experts in postsecondary education policy to develop research ideas and/or policy recommendations;
- Conducting literature reviews and policy scans on issues related to college readiness, access, financial aid, and success;
- Attending and summarizing education-related meetings and legislative hearings;
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to inform policy analysis, development, and recommendations;
- Developing evidence-based materials to support the Commission’s operation; and
- Assisting in administrative work.
Ideal applicants will possess an interest in higher education policy, supplemented by research or advocacy-based experience in the field, in addition to:
- General knowledge of higher education issues from a state and/or national level;
- Demonstrated experience in examining educational challenges from an empiric and public policy perspective;
- Strong analytical and/or research skills, including use of Excel and/or SPSS/Stata for analysis; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Applicants should fit into one of the following categories:
- A current student or recent graduate of a baccalaureate program in statistics, public policy, education, or a related discipline.
- Currently enrolled in (or accepted to) a graduate program in statistics, public policy, education, or a related discipline.
- A recent graduate of a master’s or doctoral-level program in statistics, public policy, education, or a related discipline.
Interns may earn academic credit for a practicum or internship experience in accordance with their institution’s academic policies. It is the intern’s responsibility to notify THEC of their program’s specific requirements for hours, project completion, and the like.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, academic transcript(s), and writing sample before the respective deadline for the term in which they are applying. All materials should be submitted to email@example.com.
- The cover letter should detail your interest in the position, relevant experience, academic and professional qualifications, and highlight potential areas of focus for research or projects, if selected. Please also identify one academic and one professional reference, providing contact information for each. If you are interested in partnering with another division at THEC—adult learners, external relations, veteran’s education, or other—please note that in your cover letter. Your resume should include your GPA, major(s) or program concentration(s), expected graduation date(s), and highlight relevant public policy, research, or employment experience.
- For your writing sample, please respond to the following question in no more than 2 double-spaced pages: Tennessee has led the nation in innovative postsecondary education policies, instituting the nation’s first full outcomes-based funding formula, offering the first statewide Promise scholarship program, and achieving the highest FAFSA completion rate in the country for the past several years. Considering Tennessee’s position as a national leader and innovator, what postsecondary education challenges still exist and how can education researchers, policymakers, and governing bodies/THEC address them?
Information on the program is attached and may be found on our website (https://www.tn.gov/thec/article/employment-opportunities).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- For Fall and Summer: March 1
- For Spring: October 1
1/18/17…………………After School Tutor at Woodmore Elementary
The Education and Youth Program Tutor is an individual who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of elementary and Middle school. He or she will assist with academically and enrichment programs that serve at risk- students four public Elementary and Middle schools.
- Plans an engaging program of study that meets the needs of the students
- Assist students in targeted subject areas in one- on –one or in group tutoring
- Support individual student academic needs as assigned
- Help contribute to a friendly and productive learning environment
- Builds relationship with parents, site coordinator, administrators and staff to drive collaboration and program success
- Monitors students’ success and needs as appropriate
- Maintain accurate attendance
- Responsible for administering snacks
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be enrolled in a teacher preparation program (Preferably in junior or senior year)
- Experience (volunteer/paid) working with children and youth
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the Tennessee Common core subject matter
- Experience teaching academic content and be able to effectively communicate concepts to others
- Demonstrate experience at developing positive rapport with younger students and youth
- Communicate study strategies to ensure academic success effectively
- Work comfortably with people from diverse ethnic backgrounds
- Demonstrate patience and positive attitudes in the learning environment
- Must pass Federal and State background check.
Schedule: Flexible schedule: Monday – Friday; hours may vary 6 to 15 hours per week, 3:00 pm -5:30 pm
Pay Range: $10 per hour – depending on experience
Resumes can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any additional questions regarding the position, contact Dr. Carline Nord at 423-756-1762 ext 14 for more information.
1/18/17…………………Electrical Engineering Intern – McKee Foods
Best known for Little Debbie® snack cakes, America’s leading snack cake brand, Sunbelt Bakery® granola products, and Drake’s Cakes®, McKee Foods Corporation is seeking an Intern to be a part of our Electrical Engineering department for the summer of 2017. Students selected for this position will receive guidance from experienced engineers as they learn the dynamics of the engineering function from the inside of a leading snack-food manufacturer. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a company that is committed to providing consumers with quality products at an excellent value. McKee Foods is a privately held, family owned company with a 50+ year history of innovation and treating employees with respect, and a deeply held belief in the importance of doing business with integrity.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. (Up to 40 hours per week may be expected during summer months)
- Learn from the best(!) as you assist our Corporate Engineering Groups in all phases of projectshelping to ensure cost, schedule and performance objectives are successfully met
- Participate in Core Problem Solving of equipment/process related issues; assist PlantMaintenance with troubleshooting and solution implementation
- Assist in planning and coordinating project installations, including coordinating and overseeingvendors and mechanical/electrical contractors
- Collect and verify field dimensions and other data
- Assure installations adhere to approved drawings
- Track all purchase requisitions, and drawing packages from design through installation
- Provide weekly updates to management on project status and schedule progress/completion
- Perform CAD operations to check equipment layout and prepare as built drawings for installedequipment
- Participate in continuous improvement /Lean initiatives and events
- Duties may include OLC programming and Operator Interface Design
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Current enrollment / full completion of at least 2 full academic years of a BS degree program inElectrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering school OR completion of 2 years of full-time pre-engineering studies program by May 2017, along with a verifiable acceptance into an ABET-accredited 4 year engineering program for fall of 2017
- Academic eligibility to attend classes in the fall
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple project activities
- Willingness to travel to other McKee facilities, vendor locations, and suppliers as required
- High level of initiative, assertiveness and self-direction
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to excel in a project team environment
- Familiarity with continuous improvement philosophies such as Lean or Six Sigma
- Familiarity and experience with CAD, FEA and other design software
- Prior technical work experience
- Knowledge of shop practices (machine & fabrication)
- Knowledge of schematic reading
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Competitive pay scale
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Direct deposit payroll
- Credit Union
- Exercise and recreation facility
Please upload your current resume to be fully considered for this position.
To apply: Please visit our website at www.mckeefoods.com under the careers link to complete an online application. All applications must be received by March 2, 2017. Equal Opportunity Employer
1/17/17……………..Smartphone and Computer Repair Tech Chattanooga, TN
Do you love working on computers, tablets and phones? CPR - Cell Phone Repair is opening at 502 North Market Street on the Northshore of Chattanooga. This is a Full time position with retail working hours, competitive base pay and potential to earn profit sharing and bonuses. We also have a position for a part time tech as well.
Level/Salary Range: $10-$16/hour *based on experience level
The role of a technician requires a high level of attention to detail, effective communication, and familiarity with technical tools. Candidates must be able to handle multiple projects, deliver work efforts that meet the highest quality standards, and be able to work with minimal supervision. In addition, you will be expected to:
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide timely and quality repairs on customers smartphones and tablets
- Maintain proper inventory controls
- Maintain high quality standards of customer service and care
- Promote and upsell additional products and electronic accessories
- Meet key performance standards and productivity goals
- Abide by company policies and procedures
- Provide knowledgeable and effective communication on repair process/updates to customers
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Strive to constantly improve skills and move up to higher levels/tiers of technical expertise
- Demonstrate a high level of motivation
- Look for ways to improve business performance and enhance customer service experience
- High school diploma
- Repair technician experience required
- Technician knowledge, including use of tools and test equipment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to follow directions and specific process steps to ensure quality workmanship
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- General knowledge of cell phone, tablet, and computer repair processes
- Ability to use a computer/smartphone for company emails
- Ability to learn quickly with on-the-job training
- Must complete a two week training workshop. Monday – Friday from 10AM-5
Resumes can be emailed to: kalynelizabethcook@Gmail.com. Once your resume has been emailed, please call 423-305-3585 to set up an interview. We will have a working interview as well to determine the right candidate for this position.
1/17/17……………..Nursery assistants for Sunday mornings - Unity of Chattanooga
2 nursery assistants needed for Sunday mornings at Unity of Chattanooga.
The job consists of taking care of infants and toddlers in the Sunday School room before, during, and after church service. You will be responsible for giving bottles and snacks and changing diapers if necessary. In the absence of infants and toddlers you will assist the primary Sunday School teacher with snacks and crafts.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a high school degree
- Must pass a background check
- CPR certified preferred
The job is 10:30 - 12:30 on Sundays, one to two Sundays a month.
Pay is $25 a Sunday ($12.50 an hour).
Unity is a welcoming, affirming community. Please visit www.unityofchattanooga.org for more information about the church.
To apply, email Beth Boyd at email@example.com
1/12/17………………..Part Time Delivery Driver
Hour Place Restaurant is now hiring a part-time delivery driver
- Must have valid drivers license and clean driving record.
- Part time position, Monday through Friday, 10:15 until roughly 2:15
- No nights or weekends, closed on all major holidays
Please apply in person at Hour Place, 960 East 3rd Street on the ground floor of the Whitehall Medical Building, across the street from Erlanger Hospital
1/12/17………………… NANTAHALA OUTDOOR CENTER IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR OUR SPRING/SUMMER 2017 SEASON!
NOC is an outdoor recreation facility located in western North Carolina.
More than just a paycheck, NOC offers exciting jobs and an unforgettable experience. It’s sharing the great outdoors. It’s promoting healthy, active living. It’s making lifelong friends. It’s helping people enjoy the best day they’ll have all year.
We are accepting applications for the following positions:
- Aerial Guide
- Bike Mechanic
- River Guide
- Outiftter’s Store Retail Associate
- Outfitter’s Store Shift Manager
- Restaurant Host
- Busser & Dishwasher
- Restaurant Server
- Back of House Cook
For further information and to apply please visit http://noccareers.com/
1/12/17………………………Positions Available at Ruby Falls
Looking for a fun and exciting job that works with your school schedule? Ruby Falls is the place to work!
So how do we do it?
- Make people feel valued
- Let our interactions present a positive outlook
- Have a spirit of playfulness
Available Positions: Cashiers, Tour Guides, Parking Lot Attendants.
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.RUBYFALLS.COM OR IN PERSON
1/11/17………………….Full or Part Time Cook for Nights & Weekends - Pin Strikes Chattanooga
Flexible schedule and we work with you during finals and midterms
- Evenings 5 PM till 11 PM Weekdays
- Friday and Saturday till 1AM
SUMMARY: The Kitchen Staff must have some culinary knowledge as well as technical and customer service skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
- Adheres to and embraces company Food & Beverage mandated menu.
- Assists in cooking and preparing food as necessary.
- Maintains kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition.
- Ensures that product quality, freshness and presentation always meet company standards.
- Completes facility walks each week for evaluation and action items.
- Reports critical issues to General Manager.
- Interacts with client/customers on a daily/weekly basis.
- Proactively ensures that a clean, safe environment is maintained at all times.
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays, as well as, extended workdays to support business needs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
- Pin Strikes
- 6241 Perimeter Dr.
- Chattanooga, TN 37421
- Located at HWY 153 and Lee HWY
- High school or equivalent
Please apply in person
1/11/17…………………..Part Time Help Needed - MHO Industries LLC
Looking for a student with web design and coding back ground to help with back end modifications to my website. Knowledge in PHP code required.
The requirement can change from phone consultation to a few hours a week. Pay rate negotiable.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
1/11/17……………..Marketing & Interior Design Intern – Ana Woodworks
Seeking an intern to help in residential and commercial manufacturing company to begin in late January. Specifically looking for someone who has writing and computer skills to build the marketing department. The ability to read blue prints and experience with AutoCAD will be helpful. A stipend will be offered.
Interested candidates should send resumes to: email@example.com
1/10/17…………………Part-Time Customer Service Associate
Men’s Warehouse at 2021 Gunbarrel Road is seeking a part-time Customer Service Associate.
Apply online at www.menswearhouse.com
1/10/17………………….Front Desk Attendants – Hamilton Family YMCA
The Hamilton Family YMCA is currently recruiting for part-time customer-service oriented front desk attendants! We are looking for individuals who are detail oriented, able to keep up with a fast-paced environment, and service-minded.
Shifts available include the following:
- 8am – 1pm
- 1pm – 6pm
- 6pm – 10pm
- 8am – 1pm
- 1pm – 6pm
Please visit our website at www.ymcachattanooga.org or apply directly at the following link: https://ymcachattanooga.applicantpro.com/jobs/510586-42209.html
1/10/17…………………….Interior Design Help Needed
6000 sq. ft. house under construction. Looking for a designer with a great sense of color, trim and detail.
Call, text or email Donald Morris 423-544-4044. firstname.lastname@example.org
1/9/17………………..Hair Models Needed
Bridge Salon, an AVeda salon, located on Frazier Avenue, is looking for students who are willing to receive cuts and colors in exchange for use of images in social media advertising. Please see Bridgesalon.com and our Instagram page at Bridgeavedasalon to view our work.
Please inquire at email@example.com, attention Teresa for full details if you are interested, and send a photograph of your hair. Hair must be in good condition.
1/9/17………………………..Full & Part Time Jobs at Chick-fil-A
Chick-fil-A at Gunbarrel Pointe and Hamilton Place Mall are looking for friendly, enthusiastic people who enjoy serving customers. We will teach you everything else you need to know.
You must be hard-working, team-oriented, friendly, honest, and have great customer skills.
Flexible Hours...You probably have commitments to your family, friends, school, or sports teams. We will try to arrange your work schedule around them. All Chick-fil-A Units are closed on Sundays so you can have a day off to spend with family and friends.
Competitive Pay...Along with a competitive paycheck, you will work in a nurturing environment where you will learn valuable business and people skills. Starting rate of pay is $8.00/hour which will increase over a 120 day period to $9.00/hour.
It's a Friendly Place to Work...At Chick-fil-A, we consider our team to be more than just employees. Our extremely low turnover rate is proof that people love working here.
Opportunity for advancement…Our leadership is developed from within the restaurant and we are always looking for bright, conscientious, and responsible individuals to add to our team.
Apply online at www.snagajob.com
1/6/17………………..Full & Part Time Jobs at Style Encore
Style Encore is an upscale resale shop looking to hire enthusiastic full time and part time employees! We offer an exciting and dynamic work environment, awesome employee discount, and flexible schedules. If you love fashion and enjoy a fun retail setting, apply today!
So...what can you expect at Style Encore?
We buy and sell gently used women's clothing and accessories every day! Our inventory is constantly changing, which means we have to stay up to date on the latest trends and styles! We offer our customers a personal shopping experience and our goal is for every customer to leave happy and anxious to come back. Our staff is like a family where we encourage one another and we have fun while getting the job done!
1/6/17………………………Full & Part Time Jobs at Plato’s Closet
Plato's Closet is seeking enthusiastic individuals who love fashion! We have a passion for helping others stay on-trend and on-budget! We offer full and part time positions, a flexible schedule to complement your busy college life, and a great employee discount.
Apply today if you think you'd make a great fit at Plato's Closet! We aren't your typical retail-store. We're locally owned with a fast-paced environment and our staff is unique and fun!
1/5/17………………….Field Service Technician - Superior Shine LLC
Full / Part Time available
We are the ONLY company in the Chattanooga area providing certified SoftWash exterior cleaning services. We care for their homes and properties with the most advanced technology available in our industry. We are seeking an Operations Team Member / Field Service Technician to become an integral part of our team! You will perform cleaning, beautifying, and disinfecting duties in the prevention, control, and remediation of organic growth as well as the removal of inorganic matter.
- Provide a superior service experience through outstanding stewardship and technical soundness
- Maintain professional image of our company by adhering to protocols concerning appearance and interactions
- Service our loyal customer base (roof "soft" washing, house "soft" washing, window cleaning, multi surface washing)
- Keep a clean and organized work environment (at customer location, in the shop, in company vehicles)
- Monitor and report needs for supplies, equipment, cleaners, etc.
- Assist lead technicians with various projects as needed
- Previous experience in professional window cleaning, pressure washing or other related fields (Preferred, but will train the right person)
- Familiarity with ladder work and comfort level with heights (Preferred, but will train the right person)
- Education = High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work well in teams and follow leadership
- Attention to and pursuit of detail oriented work
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Highest moral character and self
- Applicants must be honest, pleasant, personally accountable, punctual, motivated, etc.
APPLY: Send your resume and any questions concerning this job opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org
1/5/17………………..Store Detective – Rugged Warehouse
PURPOSE: Responsible for protecting the assets of our company while maintaining a safe business environment. Under general supervision and established procedures, the Asset Protection Specialist supports the store in attaining shrink goals, detects and apprehends shoplifters and dishonest employees.
- Partners with the DDAP, DD, HRG, and Store Management to resolve Asset Protection issues in assigned store(s)
- Maintains open lines of communication with all AP, and Store Management
- Completes various audits; assists in monitoring specific operational standards through audits and investigations; reviews results with GM, DDAP, and DD
- Assists DDAP and store management in monitoring specific operational controls; deposits, pricing guns, cash handling, voids, refunds, etc.
- Participates in inventory preparation and observation in assigned store(s)
- Effectively investigates all high shrink categories once inventory has been taken
- Assists DDAP with training management and crew members in AP related topics/equipment
- Assists in investigations of accident/ safety related claims as needed
- Attends store meetings to discuss AP topics
- Provides training and assistance in Physical Security related areas
- Communicates concerns with the GM and DDAP and provides reports or documentation to support concerns
- Maintains all AP equipment and completes or assists in installations as needed in assigned store(s)
- Detects and investigates both external and internal theft
- Completes required paperwork to process cases accurately and timely, utilizes computer equipment for the submission of required reports
- Creates and maintains partnerships with local law enforcement, court officials, and other retailers in their area
- Communicates effectively with local law enforcement and provides professional representation for the company in all required court proceedings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must possess a High School Diploma or Higher
- Must pass all training requirements
- Must have the ability to make decisions with sound judgment
- Must have strong observation skills
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Must pass a mandatory background screening
- Must have the ability to work well without direct supervision
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality through internal investigations
- Must have the ability to follow directions and work within company guidelines
- Must be able to communicate with written and verbal reports
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
Interested applicants should email resumes to APJobs@gabes.net
1/5/17…………………..Spring 2017 Engineering Internship – Miller Industries
- Development and implementation of process control techniques and procedures
- Analysis of Manufacturing Processes (Process sheets, Tools, Facility Requirements, etc.)
- Documentation of Manufacturing Processes
- Time Studies depicting Manufacturing Processes
- Identify and Quantify aspects of these Processes
- Quality Control and Corrective actions
- Bill of Materials Re-Structuring
- Routings and Time associated to Piece Parts, Weldments, and/or Assemblies
- Line Balancing
- Conduct Time Studies
- Gather data and analyze pertinent data
- Confer with design engineering and purchasing in determining product specifications
- Communicate through technical writing
- Research policies & regulations
- Quantify process procedures
- Conduct Root-Cause Analysis
- Determine Quality of Product by Quality of Design, Quality of Process and Quality of Conformance
- Skills Required:
- Technical Writing
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project)
- Work Measurements and Design
- Operations Management (Plus)
- Knowledge of Quality Tools (plus)
- Facilities Planning
- 3-D Modeling
- Project Management
- Paid Internship
- 25-40 hrs. /wk. based on availability of student
- Hands-On Experience /On the Job Training
To apply, email your resume to Gina Portilla at email@example.com.
1/3/17…………….Full & Part Time Window Cleaners - Fish Window Cleaning
We are looking for full-time and part-time window cleaners. We provide professional and reliable window cleaning service on commercial and residential buildings, mostly three stories or less. The majority of our work is done from the ground using poles with some ladder work for some tasks. We are looking for self-motivated candidates that maintain positive attitudes, pay attention to detail, and seek to provide extraordinary customer service. No experience necessary.
We provide training pay, then pay is based on your performance; therefore, you earn what you are worth (good cleaners can earn $10 - $15 an hour once fully trained). You need reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license to be considered for employment.
Please visit: https://www.wantagreatjob.com/?lid=978 to fill out an application online.
Small Chattanooga law firm seeks runner 20 hours a week. Experience in office or legal work a plus.
Duties would include courier service on foot, answering telephones, filing and typing. Hourly rate various based on prior clerical or runner experience.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1/3/17……………..Seeking Interior Design Intern
Studio Guilbeau in Nashville, Tennessee is seeking a talented interior design student for a full-time or half-time internship position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Library maintenance
- Picking up and returning samples
- Assisting Designers with New Construction Home Design
- Generate Concept Pins, Including Statements and Images
- Produce Tile, Lighting, Plumbing, Hardware, Finish Selections and Concept Sketches
- Organize Presentations for Client Meetings
- Produce Exterior Renderings using Sketch Up and Photoshop
- Organize Selection Documentation using Publisher
- Assisting Designers with Furniture, Drapery and Décor Planning and Selections
- Assisting Designers with Kitchen and Bath Renovations
- Must be pursuing a degree in Interior Design from a CIDA-FIDER accredited school
- Proficiency in Sketch Up, Adobe Photoshop, Publisher, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Self-motivated and strong time management skills to successfully work on multiple projects
Qualified candidates please email their portfolios and resumes with cover letter to Marcelle Guilbeau, Interior Design at: email@example.com
1/3/17……………….Internship at Weekly Fig
Weekly Fig is Chattanooga's most trusted source for local, organic or sustainably grown foods. Spend less time figuring out what foods are laden with chemicals and antibiotics and more time doing what you love because we already did the hard part. Weekly Fig delivers the highest quality food right to your front door each week.
We are seeking a part time foodie skilled in caring; caring about their community, about helping others, and their own personal work. We are looking for someone who has an aspiration to be their own boss some day. This means they should be willing to do a little bit of everything, just like our three co-founders do. We need help being entrepreneurs.
This includes, but is not limited to meal planning, planning future produce box varieties, farm visits, social media posts and content creation including cell phone videos, scheduling posts, developing new accounts, solving emergencies, weekly packing operations, updating web content, blog entries, giving your opinion and polling others for theirs, and more.
Pay is $10 per hour and 15% off all products. We also offer commission for new memberships.
Inquire by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1/3/17……………….Host/ Server Assistant - Tony’s Pasta Shop, Back Inn Café
- Bussing tables
- Serving Bread
- Running Food
- Taking out Trash & Recycling
- Filling Ice Bins
- Rolling Silverware
- Greeting and Seating Customers
- Assisting Servers with Guest Service
- Strong time management & organizational skills
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to carry trays of food and dishes up and down stairs
- Motivated, self-driven & detail oriented
- Displays evidence of high quality standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Salary: $8.00 /hour
High school or equivalent
Job Type: Part-time
All applicants must fill out an application and turn it in.
Applicants can bring the application in to one of our establishments in the Bluff View Art District (Tony’s Pasta Shop, Rembrandt’s Coffee House, or Back Inn Cafe) or the application can be submitted via email to our HR department (email@example.com).
Below is a link to our website, where all of the necessary information can be found.