Part Time Off Campus Jobs & Internships
Additional part time jobs and internships may be found on Moc Links. Click here to register for a Moc Links account.
3/23/17………………..PAID DOCUMENTARY FILM/PODCAST INTERNSHIP
Can you type 80+ words per minute?
We’re working on a few documentary projects over here at Cool Baby and we could use your hands.
Your main duty will be transcribing interviews that we’ve gathered in the field. You’ll need to be a good listener and really fast typer. You’ll also be doing light audio editing for a new podcast that hosts conversations about race in Chattanooga.
The Cool Baby office is a weird/fun place to get things done, and it’s about a mile from campus.
- 3-10 hours/week (weekdays; schedule flexible)
- MUST be able to type at least 80 wpm
Check out alevinifilm.com for our latest doc project, and call Annie for more info/to apply! (443) 205-3772
3/23/17………………SALES ASSOCIATE-PART TIME
The UPS Store on Highway 153, across from Northgate Mall, has need of a sales associate to work 15-20 hours per week and leading to more if desired.
An outgoing, sales-oriented personality is helpful as well as proficient computer skills. Some Saturdays required. Good pay and frequent raises plus bonuses.
Come get an application or send us a resume to email@example.com. We highly value UTC full or part time students. No phone calls.
3/23/17…………Summer Job openings at the Lookout Mountain Fairyland Club
The Fairyland Club is a private country club located minutes from downtown Chattanooga with breathtaking views of the Appalachian foothills. We are currently filling positions for the 2017 Summer season.
Lifeguard: The lifeguard position ensures safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with LMFC policies and procedures. Minimum age of 16. Current Lifeguarding or obtain lifeguarding certification before start of season. Ability to maintain certification-‐level of physical and mental readiness. Must demonstrate lifeguard skills. This is a full or part-‐time seasonal position, and expected work hours are 20-‐40 hours per week, Monday through Sunday, May through September. Must possess a valid Lifeguarding Certificate and First Aid certificate. Must be certified in CPR, for the Professional Rescuer or become certified prior to employment.
Snack Bar: The Snack Bar Attendant is responsible for preforming a variety of duties within a fast food / snack bar establishment which may include completing customer transactions, cleaning the food or stock areas, and maintaining inventory; preforming all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. Minimum age of 18 years old. Requires the ability to lift/push objects weighing over 40 lbs. This is a full or part-‐ time seasonal position, and expected hours are 20-‐40 hours per week, Monday through Sunday, May through September.
If you would like to apply for a positon at the Fairyland Club please fill out an application and return it to the front desk Tuesday-‐Saturday 9am-‐5pm. For your convenience, applications can be found at: http://www.fairylandclub.org/images/sitepicts/PDF/2015_Employment_Application.pdf
The Woodbridge Group® a global manufacturer of foam products and just in time assembly & sequencing for diversified products offers innovative urethane and bead foam technologies, to serve the automotive industry and several other business sectors around the globe. Since its inception in 1978, the company has grown to more than 60 facilities throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
The key competitive strength for the Woodbridge Group® continues to revolve around its people and their commitment to improve everything they do. With over 8,000 employees worldwide, The Woodbridge Group® is focused on evolving workplace safety, sustainable environmental stewardship and enduring customer satisfaction, in each of the markets they serve.
This part time internship will provide an opportunity to work directly with the plant engineering performing a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Complete standard work instructions and data entry.
- Reading and making electrical drawings, program PLCs, exposure to robotics.
- Assist with the maintenance of hydraulic presses, robots, assembly machines, plant support machinery.
- All other tasks as assigned.
Hours of work are flexible with class schedule – minimum 3 days a week, some weekends may be required.
Rate of pay: $12.00 - $14.00 / hour depending on experience.
- Student enrolled in an engineering academic program – electrical engineering is preferred.
- Experience working with robotics and PLC programming is a plus.
- Proficiency in computer operations using Microsoft Office Software.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
How to Apply: Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chattanooga’s premier catering and event management company needs casual servers and bartenders.
All candidates must be neat in appearance, and be willing to put forth great energy and enthusiasm for great pay! If you work for us and we think you are great, we will pay you more and give you more work!
Most work is on weekends. We expect from most of you a relationship lasting about a year, occasionally more. Expect a great experience including some things you have not seen before, some new skills, and some pocket money.
We expect some hard work, a great smile, and a degree of loyalty. We will try and make it worth your while.
Please reply if you think you are better than the rest--by email with your resume and a little bit about yourself (including a good cell phone we can text you to contact) to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please. We do cordially invite you to check out our amazing website at www.ewtcaters.com
3/22/17................... Part Time Assistants - Dan Reynolds Photography
We will be shooting at the lazy boy facility in Dayton. It takes about one hour to get to Dayton from downtown Chattanooga. Responsibilities will be moving furniture around each day. Requires a little bit of muscle but we will only move 10 pieces each day. The pay will be $15 per hour and $15 for gas for the each day.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for a position.
3/22/17....................Part Time Reading Tutor
Seeking a Junior or Senior UTC Elementary Education major to tutor a 12 year old 6th grade student in Reading.
3-4 hours per week, on weekends.
$25/hr plus travel expenses.
A personal interview and references will be required.
If interested, please call Ms. Wilson at 423-505-7896 and leave a message with your name and contact information.
3/21/17………………Full & Part Time Positions at Blood Assurance
Blood Assurance is currently hiring Telerecruiters and Bilingual (English/ Spanish) Telerecruiters to call on our blood donors to set donation appointments. We have full and part-time opportunities available for students and part-time workers. No prior related experience is necessary. The Bilingual Telerecruiter must have the ability to read and speak FLUENTLY in Spanish.
If you want to support a mission that makes a difference in your community, then please submit an online employment application at www.bloodassurance.org/employment. Blood Assurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Tobacco-Free workplace.
3/21/17…………….Process/Packaging Engineering Intern
Best known for Little Debbie® snack cakes, America’s leading snack cake brand, Sunbelt Bakery® granola products, and Drake’s Cakes®, McKee Foods Corporation is seeking two Interns to be a part of our Packaging and Process departments in Corporate Engineering for the Summer of 2017. Students selected for this position will receive guidance from experienced engineers as they learn the dynamics of the engineering function from the inside of a leading snack-food manufacturer. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a company that is committed to providing consumers with quality products at an excellent value. McKee Foods is a privately held, family owned company with a 50+ year history of innovation and treating employees with respect, and a deeply held belief in the importance of doing business with integrity.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Up to 40 hours may be expected during summer months)
- Learn from the best(!) as you assist our Corporate Engineering Groups in all phases of projects helping to ensure cost, schedule and performance objectives are successfully met
- Participate in Core Problem Solving of equipment/process related issues; assist Plant Maintenance with troubleshooting and solution implementation
- Assist in planning and coordinating project installations, including coordinating and overseeing vendors and mechanical/electrical contractors
- Collect and verify field dimensions and other data
- Assure installations adhere to approved drawings
- Track all purchase requisitions, and drawing packages from design through installation
- Provide weekly updates to management on project status and schedule progress/completion
- Perform CAD operations to check equipment layout and prepare as built drawings for installed equipment
- Participate in continuous improvement /Lean initiatives and events
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Current enrollment / full completion of at least 2 full academic years of a BS degree program in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering school OR completion of 2 years of full-time pre-engineering studies program by May 2017, along with a verifiable acceptance into an ABET-accredited 4-year engineering program for fall of 2017
- Academic eligibility to attend classes in the fall
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple project activities
- Willingness to travel to other McKee facilities, vendor locations, and suppliers as required
- High level of initiative, assertiveness and self-direction
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to excel in a project team environment
- Familiarity with continuous improvement philosophies such as Lean or Six Sigma
- Familiarity and experience with CAD, FEA and other design software
- Prior technical work experience
- Knowledge of shop practices (machine & fabrication)
- Knowledge of schematic reading
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
Please upload your current resume to be fully considered for this position. Please apply online at https://mckee.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/mckee/job/Collegedale-TN/Process-Packaging-Engineering-Intern_R0003637. Equal Opportunity Employer
3/21/17………………………………Lifeguard – North River YMCA
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area.
- Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures, including administering first aid and rescue. Completes related reports as required.
- Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
- Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
- Performs chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as required, and takes appropriate action.
- Performs maintenance and cleaning of pool area, including hosing the decks and hallways, emptying trash, sweeping the deck, and scrubbing gutters.
- May assist with swim lessons.
- Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Apply in person at 4138 Hixson Pike Chattanooga, TN 37415
3/21/17…………..Temporary / Part time Greenskeeper / Landscaper at Black Creek Club for 2017 Spring/Summer/Fall season.
Duties/Description - Black Creek Club is a private golf club located within the Black Creek Mountain residential development. We are located at 4700 Cummings Cove Drive, Chattanooga. We are currently filling positions for the 2017 golf/growing season.
Candidates must be able to perform a variety of physical duties including, but not limited to: operation of mowing equipment, operation of hand-held power equipment, raking bunkers, cleanup of debris, and other miscellaneous golf course maintenance duties.
High School graduates with prior landscaping and/or golf course experience are preferred, but not required.
Hours available are Monday - Friday, 6:30 A.M. - 3:00 p.m. and weekends 6:30 A.M. - 10:30 A.M. Flexible schedules are available on a limited basis.
Pay rates to be $9.00 - $10.00 /hr depending on experience.
Contact Scott Wicker, Golf Course Superintendent at email@example.com (preferred contact) or by phone (423) 822-2582, ext. 6, option 1
3/21/17……………………..TVFCU Career Fair/ Interviewing Event Registration
TVFCU cordially invites you to register for our upcoming Career Fair on Thursday, March 30th, 2017 from 9:00 to 11:30 AM at the Brainerd Crossroads. TVFCU is currently looking to fill both full and part time branch operations positions at various locations.
This event allows you the opportunity to interact directly with TVFCU's recruitment team. Participants can expect to work together through role-plays, engage in work-related discussions, and a brief one-on-one interview with a member of the recruitment team.
Registration for this event is open until midnight on Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 and is limited to the first 40 qualified applicants.
TVFCU desires to recruit talented service professionals who embody our overall values and are passionate about the work they do for our membership. FSC’s provide exceptional member service by performing various financial transactions on member accounts and cross-selling products to further enhance the member’s lifestyle.
- Represent and promote the Credit Union to the members in a courteous, professional manner.
- Greet and Respond to members with a smile and in a timely manner.
- Accept deposit/withdrawal transactions, facilitate sale of money orders, travelers checks and other inventory items.
- Process loan payments on member’s accounts.
- Perform account research and answer member questions regarding account activity.
- Provide information in an accurate and timely manner.
Candidates can register for the event at https://www.tvfcu.com/careerfair
3/21/17………….Apply NOW! 10 week Summer Projects for CIESESE (Consortium for Integrating Energy Systems in Engineering & Science Education)
Through the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE), this posting seeks motivated undergraduate, graduate and faculty to engage in collaborative research with scientists at the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) Research and Innovation Center (R&IC) located in Morgantown, WV.
NETL is seeking researchers for the 12 projects in the following research areas (RAs):
- Online Recursive System Identification and Adaptive Control of Hybrid Power Systems
- RAMAN Gas Analyzer for Control in Advanced Power Systems
- Supervisory Control
- Anode Recycle
- Component Degradation
- Startup and Electrochemical Light-off
- MISO + SISO or Feed Forward MISO
- Cyber-Physical Chemical Looping Reactor Observer
- Fuel Flexibility in Hybrid Systems
- Compressor Surge and Stall
- Modeling the NETL Microgrid
- Magneto Hydro Dynamics
- Highly competitive weekly stipend
- Travel allowance
- Housing allowance
Please designate David Tucker, as a mentor in your application. This will associate your application with this posting.
Please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3/20/17……………………………….Summer Jobs at Girl Scouts Camp Holloway in Middle Tennessee
Girl Scouts Camp Holloway in Middle Tennessee has lots of positions available for the 2017 Summer Season.
Positions include: counselors (unit counselor and program counselor) health officers, program managers, lead unit counselors and kitchen staff.
See attachment HERE for dates, job descriptions, qualifications, pay, etc.
Salaries range from $230 to $400/week dependent on position and experience.
To apply, students can go to: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfssX1jnBTAEUKpwaFW5E9axSivast_oYqGpy0XLPFm08cxLg/viewform
3/20/17……………….See Rock City Full & Part Time Jobs
See Rock City has the following full/part time jobs available:
- Fairy Tale Nights Wardrobe Lead Partner
- Café 7 Host/Hostess
- Café 7 Server/Bartender
- Café 7 Cook
- Café 7 Dishwasher/Prep Cook
- Café 7 Food Runner
- Gardens Gateway Lead Partner
- Incline Food Team Leader
- Incline Admissions Partner
- Incline Food Team Leader
- Incline Partner
- Retail Partner
- Landscape Partner
- Admissions/Annual Pass Partner
- Seasonal Stands Lead Partner
For a complete job description http://www.seerockcity.com/about/employment-at-rock-city/current-openings/
To complete an application visit http://www.seerockcity.com/about/employment-at-rock-city/employment-application/
3/17/17.......................Part Time Personal Trainer - Personal Training @FitOne
Our facility is looking to add a career-minded personal trainer with a passion for fitness and helping others achieve their fitness goals. We are not your ordinary "make sure they buy more sessions" training facility. Our mission is to impact our community through health and fitness, and that mindset starts with our trainers.
- Plan, guide, and assist clients in their workouts and eating habits to enable them to reach their health and fitness goals.
- CPR/AED certified
- Nationally accredited personal training certification
- Excercise Science degree (complete or in progress)
- 2 years experience (preferred)
To learn more about our facility, please visit ooltewahfitness.com.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
3/16/17…………………Part Time Assistant Needed
We are looking for 1 student to work part time. They make their own schedule so it is a flexible position.
- The student needs to be a psychology or social work major. No other majors are accepted.
- The student should have a 3.o GPA or higher.
- The student needs to be a junior or higher. Can also be a grad student.
- The student would interview adoptive families who live in Chattanooga and therefore need their own transportation/car.
- The student needs to speak and write well.
We provide the interview questions and the template for the 2-page report that they will turn in, after interview, via email. They will have 3 days turnaround time after the interview to provide the report/notes.
All adoptive families have been screened thru FBI, State, Child abuse checks....and so forth before a student will meet with them. The adoptive families are already working with our agency and the interview is another part of the process.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a student whose field of study is psych or social work.
The pay is $75 per visit/report plus mileage.
Any interested student should email his or her resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls.
3/16/17…………………………….Temporary Part Time Help Needed
River Associates Investments, Chattanooga’s largest private equity firm, is looking to hire a part time intern to help us build out our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database. This position will be focused on collecting, consolidating, and entering data as well as on industry research and the individual will work closely with the firm’s business development and marketing professionals.
An ideal candidate will be able to think critically through a directive and complete the task fully with great attention to detail. The internship will be located in our office downtown. Hours can be flexible to accommodate class schedules.
Top candidates may be asked to complete a test assignment in order to demonstrate critical thinking abilities and communication skills.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, approximately 12-15 hours per week
The Internship is estimated to be for a 2-month period from start date
Compensation: $13 per Hour
- Attention to detail is imperative as we need to ensure the data being entered is accurate
- Proficient on a PC, particularly in web research and Excel
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to methodically and meticulously organize, work through, and complete tasks
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
3/16/17………………..Administrative Assistant for Synagogue Office
B’nai Zion Congregation is seeking a part-time administrative assistant to provide administrative support to our Rabbi, Education Director and Board Committees.
Professional Requirements and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, writing, proof-reading)
- Exemplary organizational and calendaring skills
- Ability to handle stressful and emergency situations and to prioritize assignments for self and others
- Maintain utmost confidentiality in matters personal and professional
- Capable of working on multiple tasks at a fast pace with minimum of supervision
- Develop effective and respectful working relationships with clergy and all other staff members
- Analyze and resolve problems/situations demonstrating good judgment and common sense
- Diligence on following up and following through on projects and requests
- Computer knowledge – Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, data base management (including ability to quickly learn proprietary software), Calendaring Programs, Internet search skills
- Answer telephone, handle email and written correspondence
- Visitor interaction
- Database management and reporting
- Prepare synagogue mailings and maintain general calendars, including the Rabbi’s calendar (schedule all of her appointments, including meetings with board, volunteers and staff)
- Manage and update synagogue database, directory, community bulletin board, and email lists
- Organize logistics and materials for meetings, events, services, and programs
- General clerical assistance as needed
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent work experience preferred
Part-time Position: 28 hours/week - Tuesday through Friday
Pay is $10.50-12/hour starting salary
To apply: Please send a resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3/15/17……………….Computer Geeks Needed
Looking for someone to work 10 – 15 hours per week. You can choose to work any day(s) during the week but must be able to work until 6pm. We will work with your schedule. Light office work will be required.
Must have a reliable car, be proficient in typing and have a knowledge of computers. Must be self-motivated, pleasant, friendly and patient.
Please call Roger at 423-503-3584, if interested.
3/14/17…………….Mobile Data Maintenance Tech Intern
Best known for Little Debbie® snack cakes, America’s leading snack cake brand, Sunbelt Bakery® granola products, and Drake’s Cakes®, McKee Foods Corporation is seeking a student Intern who will work in the Retail Support Department. Starting immediately, the ideal candidate has the potential to work and learn with us throughout his/her college career. This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience with a company that is committed to providing consumers with quality products at an excellent value. McKee Foods is a privately held, family owned company with a 50+ year history of innovation and treating employees with respect, and a deeply held belief in the importance of doing business with integrity.
Monday - Friday, hours varies between 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. (20 hrs or more per week)
You’ll learn from a great team of technical support professionals! As an Intern in Sales Information Systems, you will facilitate system upgrades, new functionality, development/testing, and troubleshooting of hardware as well as purchased and in-house developed applications.
Specific duties may include:
- Provide help-desk services to a remote, mobile sales force
- Ensure simplicity of application design and accurate information
- Coordinate operating system, user updates and virus protection for all remote users
- Collect data from call logs and provide reports on call volume, duration and resolution in an effort to identify potential system improvements
- Coordinate with all departments involved to provide needed equipment and software for all new users insuring usability throughout the network, remote connections and email
- Establish and maintain a quality relationship with the sales force and provide excellent customer service
Make McKee Foods a stable part of your education plan and you will develop the technical, business and customer-service skills needed to become a well-rounded information technology professional!
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a four-year college degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science or equivalent study
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Masters student
- Ability to plan, organize and follow through on tasks
- Ability to clearly document procedures, problems, solutions, etc.
- Strong problem-solving, trouble-shooting and analytical skills
- Excellent customer-support skills
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of personal computers using Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows applications
- Acts in accordance with ethical standards
- Ability to work effectively within a team and with minimal supervision
- 3.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Prior work in a computer-related field or helpdesk experience
- Experience providing support or instruction on PC’s and applications
If interested and qualified, please visit our website at www.mckeefoods.com and click on Careers then List Jobs. All applications must be submitted by Monday, March 27, 2017. Depending on candidate response, this posting may close earlier or be extended without prior notice. Equal Opportunity Employer
3/14/17……………………..Caregivers Needed at The Shiny Penny Child Care Center
- Mature and dependable
- 18 yrs. of age+
- High School Graduate
- Experienced with infants/toddlers
- Criminal Background Clearance (administered by State of TN @ no charge to applicant)
- Positive attitude and upbeat personality
- Non-smokers only
- Monday thru Friday 10:30am - 6:15pm in Nursery
- Monday thru Friday 2:00pm - 6:15pm in Toddler class
Please respond detailing your experience with infants/toddlers by EMAIL ONLY to email@example.com No phone calls PLEASE.
3/14/17………………….Part-Time Sales Associate – The Baggery
The Baggery is a specialty handbag and accessories store located in 2 North Shore (near Whole Foods Grocery). It specializes in handmade, artisan handbags and unique accessories. It offers one-on-one customer service to help find the perfect bag.
Experience: Sales Experience Preferred, Not Required
Required: Loves People, Loves Bags, Enthusiastic, Out-going, Willing to work weekends, Quick learner
What sets us apart: We are locally-owned and operated, and flexible. Will work around your school schedule
Inquire in person: Ask for Amy at 2 North Shore location: 313 Manufacturers Rd. #118 Chattanooga, TN 37405 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3/14/17………………Lifeguard - Chattanooga Golf & Country Club
Salary: $8.50 - $9.00 Hourly
Starting Date: May 22, 2017
Ending Date: August 13, 2017
Summary: The lifeguard position is responsible for supervising the pool facilities with priority given to the safety of the members and guests. The lifeguard is also responsible for the enforcement of water safety rules, rescue persons in distress, perform first aid and CPR as needed and complete all reports and required maintenance. Duties, area of assignment, location, pay and hours/days will vary. Applicants must be comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
Note: This is a temporary position without benefits
Minimum Qualifications: All applicants must be able to pass a background check to work with children and must pass a drug screening. Applicants must possess current American Red Cross, YMCA along with Standard First Aid and American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer, including AED, or the equivalent from the American Heart Association. Applicants must be a minimum of 15 years of age. Applicants must possess effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to understand and follow through with directions. Applicants must be able to work when needed.
Please apply in person, Tuesday through Sunday. No phone calls please.
1511 Riverview Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
3/14/17……………………..Part-Time Sales Associate - Chattanooga Shoe Company
Experience: Sales Experience Preferred, Not Required
Required: Loves People, Loves, Shoes, Enthusiastic, Out-going, Willing to work weekends, Willing to work in a team environment, Quick learner
What sets us apart: We are locally-owned and operated, and flexible. Will work around your school schedule
Inquire in person: Ask for Charlie or Courtnay at 2 North Shore location: 313 Manufacturers Rd. #115 Chattanooga, TN 37405 or email us at email@example.com
3/14/17………………….Part-time Retail Sales Associate at Lines Orchids
Located downtown in Warehouse Row
Training would begin April 24th
Job responsibilities include:
- updating social media accounts
- light cleaning
- helping with displays
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
3/14/17………………Opa Greek Restaurant Now Hiring
Opa is located on the North Shore and they are looking to hire:
- Kitchen Helpers
If interested call 423-227-9774
3/10/17……………….Part Time Photographers/Sales Associates needed at Rock City!!
Looking for an exciting, fun job? We will train! We are looking for outgoing, reliable, and energetic individuals for our photo operation at Rock City, no experience necessary. You’ll be responsible for taking, processing and selling quality digital photos while delivering excellent customer service.
Digiphoto Entertainment Imaging is the premier souvenir imaging provider within the world of amusements. We combine superior image captures with exceptional guest service and state of the art technology. Whether you’re one of our roving photographers or working in our retail booths, the fun and excitement of interacting with the public in a positive environment is waiting for you.
Please apply now at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=digiphoto&jobId=123848&lang=en_US&source=CC2. Capturing emotions in every moment. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and drug screen testing.
3/10/17…………………………Teller – Cornerstone Financial Credit Union
We are seeking college students to work full-time as Summer Tellers from mid-May to mid-August in our Nashville, Murfreesboro, Hendersonville, Franklin, and Dickson locations.
Summer Tellers work in our drive-thru and post banking transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, transfer of funds, and loan payments.
Hours are Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Cash handling and friendly, professional customer service skills required. Prefer candidates with at least one year of college.
Please email resume to email@example.com.
3/9/17…………………..Part Time Help Needed at Siskin
Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation dietary department is seeking personable, professional, and compassionate employees to help better serve our patients and their nutritional needs. The position will focus on obtaining menus using a hand help tablet. Walking distance from UTC!
Pay: 10-12$ per hour
Time: 4-8PM daily (Responsibilities will be shared, one person will not be expected to work 7 days a week.)
Please contact Faye Marthaler at Faye.Marthaler@sodexo.com
3/9/17………………………Product Technicians Needed
Blood Assurance has several positions currently open in our laboratory for Product Technicians. We are looking for both, part time and full time positons on second and third shift. These positions do require rotating weekends and holidays.
Product Technicians are extensively trained within the company to process blood components in a safe and efficient manner. Employees in this department receive blood that was donated that day, check it in, process the units through separation and filtration. They then move the units into inventory. Another function of this position is to fill orders from area hospitals and ship the products in a timely manner. Product Techs are the voices the hospitals hear when they call in.
A good candidate for this position should have excellent communication skills, computer skills as well as organizational skills. No previous lab experience is necessary.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an online employment application for consideration at www.bloodassurance.org. Blood Assurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco Free Workplace.
3/9/17……………………Telephone Interviewers Needed
Wilkins Research Services is currently looking to hire Telephone Interviewers who are involved with large volume data collection. Our Interviewers conduct market research on a variety of topics through telephone surveys. This position involves contacting individuals and asking a series of scripted questions over the telephone. We take pride in delivering quality customer service.
For more than 40 years, WRS has been a family owned and operated business right here in Chattanooga, TN – conveniently located off of Gunbarrel Rd. Our flexible workplace offers opportunities for all types of job seekers.
Wilkins promotes a fun and casual work environment in a call center environment. We are currently offering both day and evening shifts with flexible schedule options. We have full-time and part-time positions available. Our flexible schedule options are perfect for students and retirees!
WRS has a wide offering of benefits including a scholarship opportunity for student employees, employee referral bonus, weekend shift bonus, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, and Paid Holidays.
The qualifications for this position are: basic computer skills, excellent telephone skills, above average reading ability, ability to communicate verbally effectively, be able to pass a criminal background check, and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
This position has a starting rate of pay at $8 per hour for day shift and $9 per hour for night shift. Bonuses may apply!
If you are interested in learning more about joining our team, please apply on our website: www.wilkinsresearch.net. WRS, LLC is an EOE.
3/9/17………………………Court Runner/Office Assistant
Established local law firm is seeking a court runner/ office assistant. We take great pride in maintaining an efficient and professional work atmosphere while building respect and trust within the firm. Selected candidate will work under the supervision of attorneys, secretaries, and administrators.
- Clean and restock:
- Coffee Stations
- Ice Maker
- Copy Areas
- Conference Rooms
- Escort clients to conference rooms for meetings
- Distribute Incoming Mail
- Empty Recycling Containers
- Act as court runner and courier for deliveries and pick-ups
- Assists with troubleshooting and solving basic issues with office equipment
- Assists the Receptionist with phones, clients and conflict checks when needed
- Assists with receiving, recording and distributing library materials as to updates/replacements
- Assists the Legal Assistants with filing when needed
- Provide support for various projects as assigned
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
3/9/17…………….Engineering Intern – Tennessee American Water
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada.
- To provide assistance within the Engineering Department.
- Assist Project Managers with Operation and Production of finished water for distribution.
- Assist Field Operation Supervisor(s) with distribution system maintenance tasks.
- Assist Project Managers with project management and delivery.
- Assist Engineering Specialists with project inspections.
- Assist Project Managers with project designs.
- Assist Project Managers with hydraulic modeling tasks (Water GEMS).
- Assist Engineering Specialist with updating as-builts.
- Assist with GIS data entry and collection.
Knowledge / Skills
- High level of proficiency with Word, Excel, GIS, and ACAD.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to mulitask.
- Ability to perform administrative duties.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Experience / Education
Student enrolled in an Engineering Bachelor’s degree program. Civil Engineering program preferred, Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering will be considered.
To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
3/9/17…………………………..Outside Sales Summer Intern
AroundCampus Group is the leading campus media and marketing company in the United States. Over the past 43 years, AroundCampus Group's media portfolio has been a valuable advertising vehicle for local, regional, and national businesses to engage the campus community.
On behalf of AroundCampus Group, we are seeking Outside Sales Summer Interns to help connect local businesses with your college campus by selling advertisements that will appear in the UTC Student Planner, on AroundCampus.com, CollegiateParents.com, and our UConnection mobile app.
As an Outside Sales Summer Intern, you will:
- Learn the fundamentals of the Sales process through our 7 step proven method
- Step outside your comfort zone and learn about your local community
- Receive extensive paid training to prepare you for the internship
- Learn pertinent interpersonal communication skills
- Learn how to build professional sales relationships with local businesses
- Learn how to prospect new and renewal clients
- Become an expert in time and account management
- Gain professional sales knowledge
- Connect with our Career Partner Network
- Grow resume building skills, that will help you stand out in a competitive market
- Work Monday-Friday 8:30 AM -5:30 PM during the summer
- Need reliable transportation and housing near your local college campus
Qualified candidates will be:
- Confident, driven, competitive, and focused on building their career
- Great listeners who love to work with people
- Goal-oriented who like working independently, as well as, working with a team
- Willing to constantly learn, improve, and who are able to adapt quickly
- Excited about discovering and exploring your town
Think you have what it takes to be an AroundCampus All Star? APPLY NOW!
The Baylor School has positions available for a lifeguards to work weekday day and evening shifts. Some of the shifts will be coverage during competitive swim practices. The daytime shifts are available during the summer and will cover summer camper pool use as well some competitive practices.
All candidates must have current lifeguard, CPR and First Aid certifications. Pay range is $8-$10 per hour.
If interested please contact Laura Pitman by April 1, 2017. Email email@example.com or phone 423-267-8506 x 267
3/8/17………………………….Quality Engineer Intern – Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
At Yanfeng Automotive Interiors, you will be part of a global, diverse team. A team that is truly dedicated to anticipating and re-imagining how society will live and work inside the vehicles of tomorrow.
An integral part of our team of almost 30,000 employees in 17 countries across the world, you will build strong, personal relationships as you work together to push the boundaries of innovation. The environment will be fast-paced, exciting, challenging, but you will be inspired to adapt and evolve.
Opportunity is yours. Are you ready for the challenge?
At Yanfeng Automotive Interiors, we pride ourselves in offering the highest-end products to our Customers, and our Quality department is one of the most crucial components to deliver results.
As a Quality Engineer Intern, you will have the opportunity to explore different problem solving methods and job functions within the quality engineering profession. You will gain hands-on exposure to our facilities and network with industry leaders throughout your internship.
Under the supervision of your manager and mentor, some projects and job responsibilities could include:
- Assist Quality Engineers with process capability studies on critical process characteristics
- Support customer issues in root cause identification and corrective action implementation
- Verify that floor audits per customer and internal requirements are being completed accurately
- Analyze PPAP process and streamline for improvement as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Current student enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- 3.00 GPA or higher
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior status
- Highly motivated, positive attitude and goal orientated
- Prior internship(s), work experience, and/or extracurricular activities preferred
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership ability
- Shows Initiative
- Strong interest in automotive manufacturing industry
3/8/17………………..Photographer Needed for Community Event
Tennessee American Water is looking for a photographer for their community event, Water Fest. It will be on August 3rd from 6 – 8 p.m. at our facility.
The event entails plant tours, kid games, meeting community partners such as the Chattanooga Fire Department, the Tennessee Aquarium, and the Creative Discovery Museum. There is food, drinks, and prizes.
If interested, please contact Kathryn Robinson at 423.771.4740 or Kathryn.firstname.lastname@example.org.
3/8/17………………………Runner for Law Firm
Immediate position available for a part-time runner for a mid-sized law firm. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons preferred, but will consider alternate schedule.
Must provide your own reliable transportation.
Interested individuals should submit their resume to email@example.com.
3/7/17………………….Summer Jobs at Mountain T.O.P
Mountain T.O.P. (Tennessee Outreach Project) has the following position available for Summer 2017:
- Youth Ministry - Service Project Ministry Coordinator
- This position serves as a member of a staff of 8-10 people. He or she is responsible for the following activities: acquiring projects, visiting families, managing work teams at work sites, and assisting in planning and executing nightly programming such as games and worships. He or she leads 3-6 teams of youth and adults in their daily activities during the week of mission work (minor home repair). They ensure that campers understand the philosophy of Christian helping as they strive to meet the needs of the people they serve. Salary $2,200 plus living expenses
- Youth Ministry – Day Camp Ministry Coordinator
- This position serves as a member of a staff of 8-10 people. He or she is responsible for the following activities: visiting local families and children, organizing and executing the Day Camp program, managing teams of youth and adult campers who facilitate the local children, and assisting in planning and executing nightly programming such as games and worships. He or she leads 2-6 teams of youth and adults in their daily activities during the week of mission work (day camp). They ensure that campers understand the philosophy of Christian helping as they strive to meet the needs of the people they serve. Salary $2,200 plus living expenses
- Youth Ministry - Day Camp Manager
- This position serves on the staff leadership team. He or she oversee and coordinate total day camp operations for their respective camp weeks. Direct job responsibilities include developing the complete programming for day camp weeks with accordance to established Day Camp curriculum, ensuring the effective integration of daily Day Camp and Mountain TOP themes, coordinating with applicable sites and contacts, and confirming accuracy and completion of daily van routes. Additionally, the Day Camp Manager, in conjunction with the rest of the management team, assists in the development of the Ministry Coordinators in the areas of spiritual growth, group leadership, personal development, and job performance. Salary $2,400 plus living expenses
- Adult Ministry - Day Camp Ministry Coordinator
- Serves as a member of the Adults in Ministry staff (5 people). He or she plans and executes day camp programs with the help of adult campers. We run three programs throughout the summer: Kaleidoscope - an arts and music workshops (for children ages 6-11 with special needs), Summer Plus - workshops from sports to cooking (for youth ages 12-15), and Quest - adventure-style programs (for youth ages 15-17 who have been targeted as particularly at-risk). This person ensures that campers understand the philosophy of Christian helping as they strive to meet the needs of the people they serve. Salary $2,200 plus living expenses
Requirements for the positions:
- A high school graduate and at least 18 years old by May 20, 2017
- Able to provide your own personal vehicle and auto insurance
- Available for staff training, starting on May 20, 2015 (May 17th for managers)
- Available to serve on staff from staff training through the morning of July 29, 2017
- Certified in First Aid and CPR by May 20, 2017
- Committed to reading all preparation materials we send you
The specific salary amounts are listed in each job description. We are a partnership ministry as opposed to a charity, and as such we require our staff members to raise half of their salary and living expenses ($1,000) through partnerships with family, friends, and community members. We provide them with several ideas and can offer additional support.
Mountain T.O.P. Foundational Objectives
- To help meet the physical, spiritual, emotional and social needs of the Tennessee Cumberland Mountain people.
- To actively encourage the Christian growth of the participants and staff who come to Mountain T.O.P.
- To develop the leadership skills of participants and staff.
Serving on the Mountain T.O.P. Summer Staff is an incredible opportunity to grow and serve in a uniquely rewarding way. Our staffers develop leadership skills while building meaningful relationships and having a great time!
Please read through our website for more information about our programs or contact Brooke at 931-692-3999 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to discuss any of our open positions with you. www.mountain-top.org
3/7/17……………….APPLY TODAY: Christian Summer Day Camp Looking for Life Guards, Lead Counselors and Counselors!
Camp Big Fish Christian Summer Day Camp is looking for life guards (Chatt locations), lead counselors and counselors. We want people who love to work with kids and have high energy and are looking to be in fun and engaging work environment (weekly field trips and weekly pool visits/fun and exciting theme days) where you can have a positive impact on young people and build relationships with co-workers that share the same interests.
Counselors will have a blast working with other similar aged college counselors. Counselors will have their own group of 8-12 elementary age students. Full time positions and part-time positions available: open this SUMMER 2017 (all 10 weeks), 7:15am-6:00pm Mon-Fri, locations in Hixson, East Brainerd, and Ooltewah (there are also 3 campuses in Knoxville). Need staff who are desiring to work the entire summer as well as part time positions/sub roles.
Apply today at http://campbigfish.org/staff-application.html. Come prepared to have a fun-filled, exciting, and very rewarding summer!
3/6/17……………….Coaches Needed – Alicia’s All-Stars
Alicia's All-Stars is looking to hire gymnastics, tumbling and dance coaches for our upcoming session. Located a quick 15 minutes from campus.
No coaching experience necessary, however, they must have a background in gymnastics or dance.
Must be friendly, energetic, great with kids, punctual and reliable.
Part-time. Hourly pay between $8.00-$20.00 per hour based on experience and hours available.
Email Experience Details to Alicia Hatcher at email@example.com. Contact Number: 423-875-0800
3/6/17…………………….Mobile Barista – Wheelys Chattanooga
Do you want to get paid to meet cool people while you sell coffee primarily outdoors? From a BIKE? We’ve got the best job for you! Wheelys Chattanooga is currently accepting applications for a MOBILE BARISTA to join our awesome team!
We offer a flexible schedule of 10+ hours per week and competitive hourly wages (plus tips!)… plus we are fun!
Our ideal candidate would be responsible, friendly and customer-oriented, a great attitude, able to work independently, and able to drive our mobile cafe (on an electric bike). Experience with retail, coffee brewing, or bike-riding is a plus… but everyone is welcome to apply!
All candidates must be able to drive our electric-assist bike, provide quality customer service, and pass a background check. High school diploma or equiv. required, some college or more preferred. References may be requested.
Our primary operating hours would require Mobile Baristas to work approximately 6:30a - 1p shifts. Additional shifts may take place in the evenings and weekends.
Pay rate: $8 + tips
To apply, visit www.WheelysChattanooga.com/join-the-team
3/3/17……………CURTIS COLLIER FEDERAL COURT AMBASSADOR FELLOWSHIP
PRESENTED BY: CHATTANOOGA CHAPTER OF THE FEDERAL BAR ASSOCIATION, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE AT CHATTANOOGA
Do you have great respect for our Federal Court and for our Democracy? If so, then you may be interested in the Curtis Collier Federal Court Ambassador Fellowship.
The Federal Bar Association is an organization that represents the Federal legal profession. It consists of more than 18,000 federal lawyers, including 1,500 federal judges, who work together to promote the sound administration of justice and the integrity, quality and independence of the judiciary. The FBA also provides opportunities for scholarship and for judges and lawyers to professionally and socially interact. The FBA is made up of a number of local chapters, one of which is the Chattanooga Chapter. The Chattanooga Chapter's mission is to strengthen the federal legal system and administration of justice by serving the interests and the needs of the federal practitioner, both public and private, the federal judiciary and the public they serve.
It has recently come to the attention of the Chattanooga Chapter that there is a growing and significant decline in public knowledge of, confidence in, and respect for the federal court. In order to help educate the public about our third co-equal and devoted branch of government and foster greater public support for this important institution, the Chattanooga Chapter is seeking an Ambassador to serve for one year. Working in partnership with UTC, the Ambassador will work with our local institutions to: learn the workings of our local federal court, meet with the press to educate them about the federal court system and facilitate a way for them to meet the judges, interact with local civics teachers to pass along appropriate existing curriculum and materials provided by the Administrative Office of the Courts and Justice O’Connor’s icivics site and to help enlist speakers who can talk to high school civics classes, work with our local government and law enforcement to provide materials and videos to be used in our youth and family development centers and mobile rec units, coordinate an event with the public to interact with the federal judiciary in a positive manner, solicit articles on the importance of the law and the courts from the heads of the various bar associations for certain holidays (i.e.—Constitution Day) for publication in the local papers, and develop a social media platform to provide information and facilitate interaction regarding the federal courts with high school civics students.
As this fellowship is in its inaugural year, the Ambassador will also work on putting together a model for subsequent ambassadors. In exchange, the Ambassador will be paid on an hourly basis when the hours are devoted and will also receive course credit for the work. The internship will require 15-20 hours of work per month.
Our ideal Ambassador will possess the following experience and skills:
- Background in history, political science, or pre-law.
- Strong communication and marketing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint or Publisher.
- Demonstrated Organizational Skills.
- Creative and Flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking sites.
- Interest in and knowledge of the history of our Democracy and U.S. Government.
- Minimum of 3.2 grade point average.
- Junior or Senior year.
- Self-starter who can manage the goals of the program with minimal supervision.
If you are chosen, you will benefit from serving as the Ambassador in the following ways:
- The Ambassador will receive a unique opportunity to interact with our federal court and federal judges in Chattanooga.
- The Ambassador will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with leaders and other professionals in the federal legal profession.
- The Ambassador will sharpen and strengthen his or her skills in marketing and communications and will have the ability to craft this fellowship using his or her own skills and initiatives.
- Due to the self-management that will be required of the Ambassador, he or she will cultivate the ability to work independently to achieve a set goal—increase understanding of and support for the federal judiciary on a local level.
Program Parameters and Requirements
- The chosen Ambassador will receive four hours of training from the Chattanooga Chapter prior to commencement of the position.
- The position will run from August 1, 2017 through the end of the Spring 2018 semester.
- It is expected that the Ambassador will devote 15-20 productive hours to this program per month.
- In exchange, the Ambassador will receive course credit in the following manner: six hours of 4000-level credit. In the spring 3 hours of an independent study on the federal courts and in the fall 3 credit hours of internship from the Political Science and Public Service Department at UTC.
- Further, on a monthly basis, the Ambassador will be paid $17.50 per hour by the Chattanooga Chapter. The Ambassador will agree to submit appropriate records for payment.
- In exchange for payment and course credit, the Ambassador will be required to meet
the following minimum objective requirements:
- Build an appropriate social media platform for high school civics students.
- Set up and maintain an avenue for regular communication with the civics teachers and our local media (separate avenues).
- Host one or two meetings with the local media responsible for court news to educate them about our local judiciary and distribute printed training materials.
- Produce or select appropriate materials and videos to be provided to local government, law enforcement, and our youth and family development centers. This will require the Ambassador to develop and grow relationships with appropriate contact individuals in each institution.
- Coordinate one event involving at least 100 members of the public to have one positive interaction with our federal court.
- Arrange for and ensure that the heads of the various bar associations publish at least three articles in local sources regarding the importance of the law and the courts.
If you are interested, please submit a resume and writing sample to Dr. Michelle D. Deardorff (Michelle-Deardorff@utc.edu) by April 1, 2017. The top three candidates will be interviewed by the Chattanooga Chapter. The individual selected as the Ambassador will begin training prior to the commencement of the Fall 2017 semester.
3/2/17………………….Temporary Assistant Warehouse Manager – Riverbend 2017
(position @ $1,400.00 - May 30 - June 22, 2017)
Responsible for assisting Warehouse Manager in the following activities: warehouse inventory of all equipment. Work with Sector Managers to gather and distribute requested materials/equipment for set up and organize materials/equipment returned from site. Receive deliveries for all incoming packages and coordinate deliveries to site.
- MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
- Heavy lifting may be required Other duties as may be assigned
- Reports directly to the Operations Manager and Warehouse Manager
Applications are available at:
Friends of the Festival, Inc.
180 Hamm Road, Chattanooga, TN 37405
Contact: Randy Buckles, Operations Manager
3/2/17……………Sector Operations Manager – Riverbend 2017
(positions@ $1,700.00 - May 30- June 22, 2017) Responsibilities for the following duties within a defined sector (portion) of the festival site:
- Ground Duties: Supervise all grounds crew including clean-up, electrical, plumbing, tents, and sanitation. Attend committee and and operations meetings. Work with Warehouse Manager to see that equipment inventory and storage is completed in a timely manner. Assume responsibility for equipment and supplies issued by Warehouse Manager.
- Gate Duties: Responsible for overseeing everything affecting the public as it arises. Assist Wristband checking staff through gate supervisors. Responsible for signage being posted as needed at entry gates. Oversee perimeter of Festival sector and monitor entry points.
- Security Duties: Assist in coordinating Volunteer security at each gate. Coordinate security duties at stages and acts as a liaison between command post and volunteer and/or paid security personnel. Act as contact point for nighttime security personnel at stages.
- Concessions Duties: Responsible for quality, appearance and service attitude of Concessions area - enforce contract terms, assist Concessionaires when needed, etc. Supervise all pouring crews. See that all inventories are locked and protected. Supervise vendor check-in and check-out.
- After Hours Gate Management -Anyone interested in this position, please call Randy Buckles at the office for hours and salary information
- MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE!
- Heavy lifting may be required
- other duties as may be assigned
- Reports directly to the Operations Manager
Applications are available at:
Friends of the Festival, Inc.
180 Hamm Road, Chattanooga, TN 37405
Contact: Randy Buckles, Operations Manager
3/2/17……………RIVERBEND SUMMER JOBS
The Riverbend Festival is seeking self-starter individuals 18 years & older for temporary positions before, during, and after the festival. Positions are labor intensive, will require some heavy lifting. MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE.
Dates: May 30 - June 22.
Apply at 180 Hamm Road, or call 756-2212.
3/2/17…………………Temporary Part Time Help Needed at Southern Coffee Service
We have temporary part time work available Saturdays from 8:30 – 3:30 and Sundays from 1:30 – 4:30. This will be general labor, moving equipment.
Applicants must be able to pick up and move items that are 40-50 lbs. The pay is $10/hr.
Call 423-266-2607 to apply
3/2/17……………………Camp Counselor Positions
Camp Woodmont on Lookout Mtn in NW GA is a traditional, overnight camp for boys & girls ages 6 – 14. Just 30 minutes south of Chattanooga, Camp Woodmont features horseback riding, high-ropes, climbing, sports, dance, crafts, canoeing, archery & more!
A camp counselor’s main responsibilities is to live in a cabin with and be responsible for 8 - 10 campers; teaching them how to live together and keep possessions clean and orderly. The counselor leads campers in daily living skills, with special attention to:
- Personal hygiene, safety & manners
- Camper personal interactions with respect of others
- Camper participation in all camp activities
- Camper personal growth, self-confidence and independence through group living
Counselors also participate in the planning and participation of camp activities including games, sing alongs, skits, devotionals and campfires. Counselors also are responsible for teaching/leading specialized activities (climbing, canoeing, archery, hiking, dance, drama, etc.) on a daily basis.
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma required, one or more years of college preferred
- Experience as a camper, or working with children as a leader or assistant leader
- A basic understanding of children and the ability to develop an up-beat and positive relationship with them
- A current Red Cross CPR and First Aid Card
Counselors should also have experience with the following:
- Organizing and coordinating schedules
- Conflict resolution
- Communication with children & adults
- Completing written agendas, schedules and activities
- Creative game development
- Mental alertness and sharp memory
- Sound judgment and decision making abilities
- Confident and self assured personality
To apply, go to www.campwoodmont.com or call Alyson at 423-472-6070. Deadline to apply is March 30, 2017.
3/2/17……………….Occasional Part Time Help Needed
Looking for a very well organized person who can deep clean a house...also need help with yardwork. A couple of Saturday and Sunday mornings each month in Red Bank area $9/hr. Must be dependable, punctual, and ready to work.
3/2/17………………….Legal Assistant Needed
The Law Office of Meredith Ziebold is seeking a part time legal assistant. This position is expected to turn into a full time position.
Meredith Ziebold is a solo practitioner focusing almost exclusively on criminal defense. The practice is growing and needs more support. We offer flexible hours for students, a friendly atmosphere, and comparable pay.
Training available for bright, hardworking applicants. Interest in criminal law and/ or paralegal training is a plus.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2/28/17………………….St. Elmo Deli is now hiring team members.
- Make sandwiches and burgers to order in a fast-paced kitchen.
- Answer customer questions, take orders, and operate the cash register.
- Prepare and stock specialty meats, spreads, and soups featured on our menu.
- Maintain clean facilities.
Qualifications: Food service experience is not required. We are looking for reliable, friendly candidates comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Flexible schedules are preferred.
Shifts: The deli is open 11 AM -7 PM Monday - Friday and until 4 PM on weekends. We have immediate openings for weekend shifts with possible options during the week as well.
Pay: Starting pay is $9 per hour.
How to apply: Come by the St. Elmo Deli, 3931 St. Elmo Avenue, Monday-Friday 11 AM- 3 PM or Saturday 11 AM - 4 PM.
2/28/17…………….Snack Bar Attendant – Moccasin Bend Golf Course Club
Summary: The Snack Bar Attendant is responsible for performing a variety of duties within the snack bar area which will include completing customer transactions, cooking, cleaning, stocking and maintaining inventory.
- Greet customers & take food orders; provide information about menu items
- Operate cash register and receive payments from customers in cash or credit cards, accurately count and provide change as required.
- Clean & stock work area after each shift
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Work Environment:
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to bend, twist and stand to perform normal job functions and cook food to order on our grill
- Cash handling and customer service experience preferred
Shift: Variable, including weekends
Pay Level: Hourly, plus tips
Contact Robert or Chad at 423-267-3585 for additional information
2/28/17……………………Full & Part Time Sales Associates Needed
Elder’s ACE Hardware of Chattanooga has openings for part time and full time sales associate positions.
Elder’s ACE is a locally owned company with a great working environment.
Please apply in person at 4921 Highway 58, Chattanooga, TN 37416
2/28/17………………..Part-Time Mentor Positions- Keithcare Inc.
Want to help someone increase their independence at home and in the community? Mentoring people with disabilities is more than a job, it is a life-changing opportunity to help others reach and exceed their life goals.
- Teach people new skills and help people improve upon skills in their homes in order
to increase their independence. (Independent Living Skills Training)
- This may include helping people learn household upkeep skills, money management skills, social skills, cooking skills, reading skills, etc. depending upon the person's goals and wishes.
- Provide opportunities for learning in the community, provide transportation to community
events and activities, and help people explore their community interests in order
to increase/maintain their community participation. (Community Integration Support)
- This may include helping people find clubs/local groups to join in the community, helping people explore different areas of town and local activities, helping people maintain or build community relationships, helping people find volunteering opportunities, etc. depending upon the person's goals and wishes.
- Assist people in advocating for themselves and learning more about theirs rights.
- Develop and maintain a professional and considerate rapport with people receiving supports and their families.
- Consistently complete documentation on all dates of service that accurately and fully describes the person's progress towards their goals.
(Only applicants who meet each criteria will be considered.)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to pass all state and federal background checks, MVR checks, and exclusion checks
- Reliable transportation, valid state issued driver's license, and automobile insurance
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Dependable and punctual
- Ability and ease with communicating in a professional and considerate way with people supported, families, and agency administration
- Ability and willingness to treat all people with respect
- Ability to read, write, and understand verbal and written instructions
- Ability to commit to and successfully complete all initial training, including Basic First Aid and CPR certification
Hours: Part-time, 2-25 hrs. a week, depending on availability and service dates/times. Additional opportunities will be available depending on job performance.
Pay: $8-$10/hr (experience will be taken into consideration)
If interested, please contact Kendra Wallace at: email@example.com or (423) 508-8006. It is highly recommended that you send your resume along with your inquiry.
2/27/17……………..Part-Time Child Care – Chickamauga,GA
Care is needed for 1 child (almost 2 yrs old) for 2 days a week (Monday and Friday) from 8:15 am until 11:45 am. This schedule is not flexible. Seeking someone to love and care for child and home with both attention and respect. Eventually more hours may be needed, but those additional hours would be flexible.
Primary responsibility would be: attending to safety and hygiene needs, to include changing diapers and eventually reinforcing potty training efforts; playing, reading, crafts.
This job requires student to have own car, to be punctual, and to be dependable.
Preferred: A nonsmoking student with appropriate qualifications. Appreciate someone who is helpful, self-motivated, and can work independently.
Required: Childcare experience and non-familial references, as well as minimum GPA of 3.0.
Pay: $8 - $10/hr DOE
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your information, resume, and references. References will only be called after interviews.
2/27/17………………….Servers & Counter Help Needed
Southern Star restaurant is looking for servers and counter help. Jobs available on Signal Mountain and Broad Street location. Perfect job for college student! Flexible hours, No Sunday's, good money, no late nights!
Applicants should expect to be friendly, positive, team work oriented and efficient. Experience in restaurants or retail preferred not required.
Apply in person at 1300 Broad Street or 1238 Taft Highway, Signal Mtn between 2-6 M-F.
2/24/17…………………Full & Part Time Jobs at Chattanooga Riverboat
Chattanooga Riverboat Company is seeking enthusiastic, service oriented individuals with a smile!
Must have effective communication skills.
We offer full and part time positions and flexible schedules but we are tourist oriented so you must be available weekends and holidays.
Mandatory Drug Test Required.
Please Apply in Person
Chattanooga Riverboat Company
201 Riverfront Parkway
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37402
2/24/17………………..Human Resources Benefits Intern – Chattem, Inc.
This position will be responsible for supporting various HR functions and activities including benefits administration, recruiting, performance management, training and development, and safety initiatives to increase the effectiveness of the HR Team.
- Assist with administration of various employee benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, long-term disability, and short-term disability.
- Assist with open enrollment: employee enrollment, benefit auditing.
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including employee records and benefits information.
- Audit and prepare reports regarding payroll deductions and monthly benefits billing.
- Monitor, review, and make recommendations regarding benefits administration processes to identify areas of improvement and potential niche areas for increased efficiency.
- Participate in local events, seminars, and training with the HR team.
- Maintain, create, and update various HR files, records, and spreadsheets.
- Assist with New Hire Orientation
- Assist with FMLA
- Assist with a wide range of projects and assignments supporting other functions and initiatives as determined.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in the handling of confidential information.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
This role may be involved in a variety of activities supporting the human resources function including, but not limited to: benefits, recruiting, data entry and analysis, record keeping, team building, and process improvement initiatives.
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student majoring in Human Resources, Business Administration, or I-O Psychology at an accredited university.
- This position requires maintaining confidentiality with all human resource information.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities while meeting set deadlines.
- Ability to complete tasks both in a team environment and independently.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of professional, ethical and legal standards involved in HR.
- At least one year of experience in the HR field is preferred.
- Summer 2017; April 2017-August 2017
- Fall 2017; August 2017-December 2017
This is a 28 hour per week assignment.
Please submit resumes to Candy.Lefler@chattem.com
2/24/17…………………………….Niedlov’s is Hiring a Mixer
- Competitive Starting Wage
- EARLY morning shifts, 2 AM – 10:30AM
- At least 2 days/wk
Niedlov’s is looking for a great new person to work with our production team. The morning mixer creates the dough for every type of bread we sell, from artisan to wholesale, and from levain-style breads to dinner rolls. Position involves mixing, some artisan bread shaping, and bagel baking. We work with care, efficiency, and attention to detail to make bread that is known throughout town for its quality and deliciousness…and we have fun.
This is active, concrete, hands-on work. You’re likely to build a little muscle! You’ll be handling hundreds of pounds of dough, and you’ll be around a lot of wheat flour. You will be surrounded by that wonderful bakery smell. If you enjoy using your hands and don’t mind repetition and routine, you will likely enjoy this job. As production workers, we always get to finish our daily to-do list before leaving work, which is quite satisfying.
We are unique in that our back-of-house has a caring, cheerful feel…even in the midst of a loud and bustling environment. We do all we can to make Niedlov’s a place where it’s enjoyable to work, because the people are great and so is what we do—we can be truly proud of what we put our time and effort into.
The ideal applicant:
- has interest/experience in artisan baking, developing a sense for the art of breadmaking
- is observant and efficient, attuned to detail and timing
- enjoys physical work, can lift at least 50 lbs., is able to function in a warm fast-paced environment, has strength and stamina, can work standing for duration of a shift
- has presence of mind, willingness to perform sometimes repetitive work thoughtfully
- PaIf you enjoy physical work, can handle a good deal of heat and probably your share of burns, and want to learn about making bread:has a track record of reliability on the job and is comfortable with the realities of an unconventional work schedule.
If interested, please stop by the bakery and ask for an application at the register; we highly encourage you to attach your résumé. Please do not call the bakery about this position, as we are often unable to answer during busy hours. For inquiries, you can email Sara, our head of bakery operations: email@example.com.
2/24/17…………………..Niedlov’s is Seeking a Bench Production Assistant
- Starting Wage: D.O.E.
- Early morning shifts, 6 AM – 1:30 PM
- At least 3 days/week, up to full-time; Saturday availability strongly preferred
Niedlov's Breadworks is growing, and we are looking for a great new person to work with us in bench production. Essentially, "bench production" refers to the 4-person team that portions out and shapes our bread dough, from artisan loaves to wholesale hamburger buns. We work with care, efficiency, and attention to detail to make bread that is known throughout Chattanooga for its consistent quality and deliciousness...and we have fun.
A little about the position:
- This is active, concrete, hands-on work; it makes a great foil for desk work or abstract, mental work. You're likely to even build a little muscle! You'll be handling a lot of dough, and around a lot of wheat flour. You'll be surrounded by that incredible bakery smell.
- We do work in a warm environment and are on our feet, with moderately heavy lifting, and our work is repetitive--typical restaurant stuff. If you enjoy using your hands and don't mind repetition and routine, you will likely enjoy this job. And, we always get to finish our daily to-do list before we leave work, which is quite satisfying.
- Unlike some restaurants, our back-of-house cultivates a caring and warm working environment...even in the midst of a loud and bustling We do all we can to make Niedlov's a place where it's enjoyable to work, because the people are great and so is what we do--we can be truly proud of what we put our time and effort into.
- We can offer about (3) 8 hr. shifts per week, with a training-period hourly pay rate that will rise once training is satisfactorily complete. Flexible schedule in our bench crew is essential, as is Saturday Hours are early AM; you'll start out scheduled at 6 AM or later, but be prepared to eventually come to work as early as 5:15 AM. All bench production shifts end by around 1:30 PM, sometimes earlier (depends on how much bread we have to make on a given day.)
- For this job it does help to be a morning person, but some people who have been night owls in the past get converted while working this job. In any case, we hit the ground running. It sometimes seems like we get more done by the time some people are getting up, than a lot of people do in an entire day!
- You will have a hand in creating everything from traditional Old World rye style loaves, to Challah braids, to Niedlov's iconic Chattanooga Sourdough, to tons of buns for local restaurants. You will notice your own work nearly everywhere you go to eat around town.
If interested, please stop by the bakery and ask for an application at the register; we welcome you to attach your résumé. Please do not call the bakery about this position, as we are often unable to answer during busy hours. For inquiries, you can email Sara, our Head of Bakery Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2/24/17…………………..SALES ASSOCIATE – AMBIANCE MODELS & TALENT
Compensation: Base plus Commission with no cap on commission, plus bonus incentives.
Employment type: Part-time
AmbianceAAmbiance Models & Talent is a leading entertainment industry company who works with aspiring and experienced models and actors. We are currently interviewing for a key position in our Chattanooga location.
- Base pay with bonuses
- Opportunity for advancement
The primary responsibilities of this position are to review and interview aspiring talent, assist with creating their comp cards, scheduling photo shoots and instructing talent during Casting Calls. The position requires customer care skills as well as administrative and business development.
Duties may also include:
- Assisting with regularly held Open Calls
- Working with casting directors and producers during in-office Castings
- Client follow-up with industry professionals
- Basic clerical duties
The ideal candidate for this position would work well both independently and in a fast-paced team environment. A somewhat flexible schedule is helpful as our hours can lead into the evenings and weekends. Being detail oriented is a must!
Other requirements for the position include:
- Able to multi-task
- Has a desire to learn and improve
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Strong follow-through
- Above average computer knowledge
A background in the entertainment industry or marketing, sales, PR, fashion, retail is a plus BUT not required.
To be considered, email resume and contact info to email@example.com
Applicants should be available to start immediately if hired.
2/23/17………………..Part time job at The Batterie Dancewear
Hours and days may vary
Knowledge of Dance and Pointe Ballet REQUIRED
Positive attitude and customer service skills required
May stop by to pick up an application at the store (located at 2435 S. Broad Street, Chattanooga, TN 37408) or call 423-267-7530 or email Barbara Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2/23/17……………..Become a part of the Higher Education Research Experiences (HERE) Program
at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)
Opportunities for qualified students, alumni, and faculty to participate in hands-on research in a real-world setting
- Experience innovative research or technical projects at a cutting edge national laboratory and network with prestigious scientists, researchers, engineers, and laboratory staff
- Collaborate with international experts in fields that interest you
- Contribute to the U.S. technical prowess that will enhance living standards and set the nation at the top of a global community
- Assist in finding solutions to pressing scientific and technical problems
Highlights of the program
- Open to Undergraduates, Recent-BS and AAS, MS, PhD and Faculty – Appointments are primarily for Science, Engineering, Technology and Mathematics (STEM) majors but all majors can apply
- Applications are accepted year-round
- Appointments can start and end at any time during the year based on your availability and the requirements of the ORNL mentor/project
- Full-time and part-time appointments
- Minimum GPA - 2.5/4.0
- U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident (LPR)
- Stipend based on academic status
- Limited travel and housing allowances (if eligible)
- Professional development activities
2/23/17……………….Referees Wanted for Adult Sports League
We are seeking individuals with GREAT PERSONALITIES that have a strong background in sports. It's a great way to meet new people and have fun while getting paid.
We are seeking referees for the following: Kickball, Softball, Flag Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball
Referee Job Requirements Include:
- Have a social, outgoing personality (a MUST to be considered for the position)
- Be committed to learning the rules and procedures
- Be fair, polite and firm enforcing rules and policies
- Handle player disagreements with a level head
PT position. Starting pay is $15+ per game. Position will require initial training period.
The primary age range for our players is 21-39 years old.
Must be 21+ to apply.
Input your availability and background at our website: http://www.playcsl.com/referees
2/23/17………………Seeking Social Individuals for Field Manager Position
We are seeking bubbly, outgoing individuals to manage onsite adult sports operations such as Kickball, Soccer, Flag Football, Softball & Volleyball.
Job requirements/duties include:
- Have a social, outgoing personality (an absolute must have to be considered for the position)
- Socialize with the league teams
- Checking players in and collecting fees
- Assisting referees and monitoring game play
- Helping out with social events
- Taking pictures and videos and posting to social media
This is a part time position and hours may vary from week to week.
Must be 21+ to apply.
Starting pay is $12 per hour.
Click here to apply http://www.playcsl.com/referees
2/23/17……………………Caregiver Positions Available
Silver Angels Home Care Specialists is currently seeking caregivers in the Athens, Bradley, Monroe, McMinn, & Polk Counties.
Primary responsibilities focus on various types of Attendant Care, Companion Care, Homemakers, Personal Care & Respite Care.
Work is on a flexible schedule.
View full job description and apply online at www.silverangels.com.
2/23/17…………………Mobile Fit Instructor – J.A. Henry YMCA
Implement the YMCA Mobile Fit curriculum with small groups of children and teens in neighborhood play spaces, churches or other summer or after school program locations. The goal of the Mobile Fit program is to increase daily physical activities, educate about healthy food choices and work together with community partners to reduce childhood obesity.
- High School Diploma/ minimum age - 18 years
- Certification in First Aid and CPR
- Experience in working with children ages 5 to 15 years old
- Strong group leadership skills and experiences
- Exhibits a high example of Christian character and dedication to development of children
- Enjoy working with young children
- Proven ability to build constructive relationships
- Proven ability to create a structured, effective program
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Personally adopt the YMCA Healthy Eating and Physical Activity standards as the basis for your daily work.
- Assure at all times that the children are safe, and supervised in a healthy environment.
- Greet the children upon daily arrival and departure. Build positive relationships each day of the program to build trust among children and families served.
- Document attendance, absenteeism and incidents for each child in the program.
- Administer the daily activity plan including: CATCH games, craft, nutrition education, academic activities and recognition.
- Ensure that children receive 30-minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity each day of the program.
- Serve the daily meal to each child according to USDA and YMCA program guidelines.
- Responsible for children at all times, including understanding and being able to implement the site emergency plan if necessary.
- Help maintain YMCA supplies, equipment, and materials in a responsible manner.
- Assist the Mobile Fit director in the development of weekly activity schedules.
- Attend all staff meeting and training sessions as required.
- Adjust and adapt to changing conditions and priorities of the program.
- To set an example of promptness, high standards, values and Christian Character.
If interested, please send resume to Laura Horne Email: email@example.com or Phone: 423-805-3361
2/22/17………………Swim Lesson Instructors Needed at McCallie School
When: 10 Am until 7:00 P.M. Monday – Friday
Class Sessions: April 3 – June 2
Pay: $12 - $18 Per Hour
Hours: Instructors Can Work as Little or as Much as They Want
More Info: Call Stan Corcoran at 423-493-5536 or email Corcoran@Mccallie.Org
2/21/17……………Delivery Drivers – Astro Jump of Chattanooga
Astro Jump of Chattanooga is looking for delivery drivers to deliver and set up inflatables.
Must own a pick-up truck and heavy lifting is involved.
$250.00 plus per weekend. Monday through Friday work available starting in April.
Contact Doug Jackson Astrojumpofchatt@epbfi.com or call 423-903-6846
2/21/17……………..Part & Full-Time Service & Host Position at Hummingbird Pastaria
Description: We are a family owned and from scratch restaurant located on Signal Mountain, looking for a few individuals to join our service team. Must love all that enters the belly and be interested and willing to learn more about food and wine. We are looking for a team player that cares about the team, the customers (you will see the same ones often) and the food.
- Greeting customers and provide a consistent and personalized dinning experience
- Answer questions about food and beverages, take orders and deliver food
- Clean tables and dining area
- Other duties as needed
- Must be available weekends starting the beginning of March through the end of summer
- Strong time management & organizational skills
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Motivated, self-driven & detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- State of Tennessee server permit or ability to get within 60 days
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at 720 Mississippi Ave, Signal Mountain, Tennessee.
2/21/17………………………Summer Job Opportunities at Duke
Looking to work at Duke this summer? Duke Summer Session is now hiring paid interns for its 2017 summer programs. See below for just a few of the available position for this summer:
- Resident Assistants (July 3 - August 5)
- Teaching Associates ( July 15 - August 5)
- Program Assistants (June 12 - August 15)
- Office Assistants (June 26 - August 5)
- Writing Tutors (July 15 - August 5)
As a premier residential college preparatory program for high school students, we at Duke Summer Session are constantly on the lookout for exceptional college students who want to spend their summer investing in the lives and educations of others. For this reason, we are asking you to share with your students this email and the enriching residential, administrative, and instructional paid internship opportunities we are offering this summer.
For more information and full job descriptions email us at email@example.com or click HERE
If interested in applying, complete our online application.
2/21/17………………..Full & Part Time Jobs at Plato’s Closet
Plato's Closet is seeking enthusiastic individuals who love fashion! We have a passion for helping others stay on-trend and on-budget! We offer full and part time positions, a flexible schedule to complement your busy college life, and a great employee discount.
Apply today if you think you'd make a great fit at Plato's Closet! We aren't your typical retail-store. We're locally owned with a fast-paced environment and our staff is unique and fun!
2/21/17……………………..Full & Part Time Jobs at Style Encore
Style Encore is an upscale resale shop looking to hire enthusiastic full time and part time employees! We offer an exciting and dynamic work environment, awesome employee discount, and flexible schedules. If you love fashion and enjoy a fun retail setting, apply today!
So...what can you expect at Style Encore?
We buy and sell gently used women's clothing and accessories every day! Our inventory is constantly changing, which means we have to stay up to date on the latest trends and styles! We offer our customers a personal shopping experience and our goal is for every customer to leave happy and anxious to come back. Our staff is like a family where we encourage one another and we have fun while getting the job done!
2/21/17……………….Summer Intern/Full Time Position for Mechanical Engineer
eSpin, a nanofiber-based filtration product manufacturing small business is looking for an energetic mechanical engineer with interest in designing products, modeling fluid flow, execution of product design on manufacturing floor, leading ASHRAE tests-certifications, and representing the company at trade shows and in technical conferences.
Potential candidates should apply to: jobs@eSpintechnologies.com
2/21/17………………….Part Time Cashier – Access Family Pharmacy
Access Family Pharmacy has openings for part time cashiers (approximately 20-25 hrs/week).
The pay rate is $9 to start and you would work about 5 hours a day, typically 9am – 2pm or 2pm – 7pm, Monday – Friday and 9am – 2pm every other (or every 3rd) Saturday.
Job duties will include (but not limited to):
- Greeting and assisting customers with questions, finding in-store items, ringing up sales
- Assisting Pharmacists and Pharmacy Techs as requested
- Assisting with merchandising, maintaining an orderly display area, as requested
- Insuring all customers feel well-treated, respected and satisfied with their in-store experience.
Successful candidates will exhibit an upbeat personality, love working with and meeting people, providing exceptional customer service, have prior computerized cash register experience (preferably), and be able to pass a background check and drug testing. Prior retail experience preferred, but not mandatory.
Please send resume (as a word document) via email to Charles at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 423-362-4876.
2/21/17………………..Looking for someone to help set up and maintain social media accounts for a very small (but growing) painting business in Chattanooga.
Please contact Jay Smith to discuss details. 423-681-8515
2/20/17……………………Aquatics - Lifeguard - City of Chattanooga
Salary: $8.50 - $9.00 Hourly
Job Type: Temporary
Supervise the pool facilities with priority given to the safety of the patrons. Enforce water safety rules, rescue persons in distress, perform first aid and CPR as needed, and complete reports and required maintenance. Duties, area of assignment, location, pay and hours/days will vary.
- Lifeguard 1: $8.50
- Lifeguard 2: $8.75
- Lifeguard 3: $9.00
Incumbents in this classification are temporary or seasonal employees for the Department of Youth & Family Development. Employment periods may range from 1 -3 months.
NOTE: THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION WITHOUT BENEFITS
- Duties will vary within the area of assignment:
- Lifeguard 1: Supervises pool facilities with priority given to the safety of patrons. Have appropriate knowledge and skills necessary to help prevent and respond to emergencies, complete reports and required maintenance. Must be comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
- Lifeguard 2: Supervise pool facilities with priority given to the safety of patrons. Enforce water safety rules, rescue persons in distress, perform first aid and CPR as needed, complete records and required maintenance. Must be comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
- Lifeguard 3: Supervise pool facilities with priority given to the safety of patrons. Enforce water safety rules, rescue persons in distress, perform first aid and CPR as needed, complete reports and required maintenance.
Minimum qualifications are dependent upon position:
- Must be able to pass a background check to work with children. Must be able to work
- Lifeguard 1: Must possess current American Red Cross, YMCA along with Standard First Aid and American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer including AED or the equivalent from the American Heart Association. Must be a minimum of 15 years of age. Possess effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to understand and follow through with directions.
- Lifeguard 2: Must have a current American Red Cross, YMCA, along with Standard First Aid and American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer including AED or the equivalent from the American Heart Association. Must be at least 16 years of age. Possess effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to understand and follow through with directions.
- Lifeguard 3: Must have a current American Red Cross, YMCA, along with Standard First Aid and American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer including AED or the equivalent from the American Heart Association. Must be at least 18 years of age. Possess effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to understand and follow through with directions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of general aquatic operating policies and procedures; life saving techniques, modern first aid and water safety techniques; applicable laws, ordnances, policies, standards and regulations pertaining to the specific duties and responsibilities of the job; pool equipment and maintenance; of rules and regulations of games being officiated; how to handle and prepare food; use of cafeteria style equipment food and supply ordering; receiving and controlling inventory; USDA food guidelines.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with department staff and the general public; performing basic pool facility maintenance; maintaining current knowledge of rule updates to games.
Apply online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/chattanooga/default.cfm
2/20/17…………………Part Time Office Help Needed
Looking for someone to work part time at music industry. The job is office administration
with strong customer service skills. Must be organized with strong computer skills
with experience with spread sheet. Must have outgoing personality.
Please send resume to email Anointed@warriorinstruments.com
2/20/17…………………..Preschool Workers Needed
We are currently looking for bright, energetic persons who love children and would like to work in a preschool setting. Our facility is open from 7:00am to 5:30pm. Monday-Friday.
Only local people apply please. We are not interested in anyone who will be leaving to go home for spring break and summer break.
If you are interested, contact Debbie or Claire at: Hixson First Baptist Child Development Center. 5800 Grubb Road, Hixson Tn. 37343, or email me at email@example.com.
2/17/17……………….Part Time Help Needed at The Blue Plate & Local 191
We are looking for host, servers, bartenders, and line cooks.
Apply in person Tuesday-Friday between 8am-10am or 2pm-5pm. Located across from the Aquarium.
2/17/17……………………Barista – Mayfly Coffee
A part-time barista position is opening at Mayfly! We're looking for someone with weekend availability. Experience preferred, but not necessary.
Please stop by the shop to fill out an application or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
708 Mississippi Avenue Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Monday-Friday » 6:30am - 1:00pm
Saturday » 8:00am - 3:00pm
2/17/17…………….Part-time graphic artist.
My goal is for an artist to take my product Homes & Land Magazine and give it a makeover in layout and design.
Must have graphic artist skills. Will discuss software, hours and pay during an interview.
Send resume to email@example.com
2/17/17……………….Part-time social media position
Need help with local Homes & Land Magazine Facebook page. Setup, design, posting, promoting, etc
Must have social media knowledge. Will discuss hours and pay during an interview.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
2/17/17……………..Outside Sales Person Needed
We are needing a part time outside sales person for our store. Candidate would responsible for taking care of existing customers while increasing sales and developing new customers. The hours are flexible and would include salary plus commission and a car allowance.
Email resume to MBALDWIN@southernfp.com
2/16/17…………….Driver Loader Needed - Part Time or Full Time
Immediate Opening - Cab over Dump (Chattanooga Hwy 153 at Jersey Pike)
Chattanooga Junk Removal Company Seeks Driver. We provides a full range of junk removal services to residential and commercial clients throughout the area.
We are currently looking for Driver/Worker to join our team STARTING IMMEDIATELY.
You must be available to work hours necessary to complete jobs daily. Some Saturday work Included.
- Drive/navigate truck safely
- Sell potential customers on our valued service.
- Work with team members to provide a positive customer experience
- Remove junk/debris
- Manage truck operations
- Provide records of estimates/jobs at the end of the day
- Work with business owners to improve service levels
Valid drivers license & clean driving record (will verify)
DOT Medical Card (Current) * - Ability to lift 70 lbs on regular basis
Good communication skills
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to work in teams and follow directions
Self-motivated and ability to work independently
Pass Drug Screen
Drivers must be at least 21-years old
Good Starting Pay with opportunity to receive Daily Sales Bonuses, Tips & "Treasure Bonuses" (Junk you haul can be yours, with owner's permission).
We are looking for individuals who are willing to take responsibility and are eager to progress.
To apply, e-mail your Resume or 4-year job history, including where & when you worked & what you did for each job (with Work References) to This Ad and put "Driver/Navigator" in the Subject line.
Junk King of Chattanooga
4295 Cromwell Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421
2/14/17…………………Weekend Camp Staff at Camp Adahi on Lookout Mountain
Girl Scouts is seeking enthusiastic and outdoor-loving seasonal, weekend camp staff at Camp Adahi on Lookout Mountain (address is technically Menlo, GA).
We are looking for archery instructors, boating/canoeing instructors, equestrian staff, kitchen assistant, and lifeguards
Training is provided for each position and staff are cross trained to do multiple things (which equals more hours!) The pay starts at $12 per hour and we guarantee minimum 2 hours of work for the weekends these staff commit to working.
Our camp season is primarily in the warmer months – April through early June and then August through November (we do not have summer work at this location though we are hiring for summer camp staff at our Knoxville camp!).
See attached flyer for additional information
2/14/17…………………Weekend Camp Staff at Camp Tanasi at Norris Lake
Girl Scouts is seeking enthusiastic and outdoor-loving seasonal, weekend camp staff at Camp Tanasi on beautiful Norris Lake
We are looking for climbing/rappelling tower instructors, archery instructors, kitchen assistant, and lifeguards
Training is provided for each position and staff are cross trained to do multiple things (which equals more hours!) The pay starts at $12 per hour and we guarantee minimum 2 hours of work for the weekends these staff commit to working.
Weekend programs take place from March – November.
See attached flyer for additional information
2/14/17………………………..Data Management Research Assistant - Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts General Hospital
- Type: Contract
- Location: Dayton, TN USA
- Compensation: $10/hour (negotiable)
- Work Experience Needed: < 2 years
A Research Assistant is needed in Dayton, Tennessee for up to 12 weeks for a national clinical trial conducted by Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, and the American Academy of Pediatrics. The study is funded by the National Cancer Institute.
The Research Assistant will conduct exit interviews with parents who attend their children’s medical visits at a pediatric office located in Dayton, Tennessee. The Research Assistant will approach all parents on their way out of the office and ask them a short set of questions. Parents who smoke and agree to enroll in the study will be consented and asked additional questions, which will take approximately 5-10 minutes. Recruitment will likely last about 10 consecutive weeks based on a previous data collection cycle at this site. An ideal start date would be on or around March 31. Exact schedule of the Research Assistant will depend on the hours of the practice.
Prior experience in data collection, interviewing and/or customer service is preferred. An outgoing personality and a clear speaking voice are assets. Criminal background check is required.
This is a great position for someone who is interested in public health and would like to obtain research experience with a leading research team for graduate school in public health, medical school, or another healthcare profession.
For more information regarding the study, please visit: http://www.massgeneral.org/ceasetobacco/
To be considered for the position, please email resume to email@example.com
2/13/17………………….Summer 2017 Diversity Internship Program at Tennessee Aquarium
Positions are available in the areas of Husbandry, Education and Conservation. The goal of the program is to give minority students an opportunity to gain work experience at the Aquarium, exposing them to practical applications of science that they may not otherwise consider to be viable career options.
- Education Fellows will work closely with the Aquarium’s award-winning team of professional Educators. Each Fellow will participate in all areas of the Education department guest engagement as they present informal and formal education programs to general visitors and camp groups. In addition to interacting with guests, volunteers and staff, Fellows will learn and actively participate in the daily care of the Education program animal collection. The possibilities for a valuable summer experience are endless.
- Conservation Fellows will be exposed to a several conservation science-related positions working with the Tennessee Aquarium Conservation Institute team. Areas include conservation aquaculture for reintroduction biology, field biology surveying endangered species, and translating scientific concepts for educational audiences. This hands-on opportunity will offer students an increased understanding of concepts in freshwater biology, ichthyology, herpetology, and biodiversity conservation.
- Husbandry Fellows will be exposed to a several biology-related positions working with the Tennessee Aquarium’s world-class living collection. Areas include aquaculture, aviculture, horticulture, herpetology, laboratory sciences and entomology. This hands-on opportunity will offer an understanding of freshwater conservation, animal life support systems, caring for animals in closed aquatic environments, and keeping exhibits interesting for our visiting guests.
Diversity Fellowship Requirements:
- Minority/Diversity* college student with science or education major
- Able to commit to the full internship of 11-weeks (May 15th to July 30th 2017)
- Able to climb ladders, lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Able to withstand outdoor conditions in the summer season.
- Show a high level of interest in science, education or conservation
- Provide a college transcript with a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Submit an unofficial transcript and fellowship application before Monday, April 3, 2017 at 5:00 PM
Qualifying students interested in potential internships with the Tennessee Aquarium are encouraged to apply online at https://tnaqua.applicantpro.com/jobs/ or visit our website TennesseeAquarium.org and click Employment.
2/13/17…………….Innkeeper/Server/Housekeeper for Luxury B&B Inn and Event Center Near Campus
Attention rising Juniors and up:
- Need responsible, mature, high-energy, self-motivated persons who enjoy working with the Public in a hospitality setting.
- Attention to detail and excellent time-management skills are a must.
- Training and part-time hours during current semester and full-time during the summer, and you can continue into next school year.
- We will work with your class schedule.
- Starting base pay of $10.00, plus tips and monthly bonuses.
- [NOTE: This job requires working most weekends and during scheduled school breaks; please DO NOT respond to this posting if you cannot do this.]
Looking to hire 3 students.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
2/13/17…………………..Barista - Greyfriar’s
Greyfriar's Coffee & Tea Co., an independent coffee shop in downtown Chattanooga, serving fresh, in-house roasted coffee and baked items, is hiring a part-time barista to work morning and/or afternoons, early evenings.
Experience as a barista and/or in the restaurant/food service is preferred
Qualities we are looking for in a potential candidate:
- Coffee and coffee drink preparation knowledge
- Passionate customer service skill and experience
- Food preparation knowledge
- Solid mathematical skills
- Punctual, responsible, reliable, personable and honest
- Eager learner and proactive
- Capable of working in a team and independently
- Transportation necessary
This is a part-time position with weekday & weekend shifts that could evolve into full-time.
Send resumes to: email@example.com
2/10/17....................Product Management Intern - Volkswagen Group of America
Location: Chattanooga, TN
- Help to identify new automotive trends, research and concept ideas, report regularly
- Support all necessary launching activities and planning of vehicle programs
- Assist in preparing decision papers for top-management
- Evaluate specific components of a car project regarding technical issues and economical factors
- Support all interdisciplinary committee tasks
- Must be enrolled at a University/College or Graduation date must be within the last six months
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Science (Engineering) or Business or international equivalent
- Shows concern and demonstrates knowledge of cars and the automotive industry
- Possesses a quick comprehension of complex contents and has a high level of operational readiness
- Has strong communication skills and is detail oriented
- Able to work on a team and independently on specific assigned tasks
- Proficient skills in MS office (Especially in Excel and Powerpoint)
- Fluent in English, German and Spanish knowledge are preferable
- Experiences in an international environment are desirable
To Apply: Send a letter of interest to Ali Kutlu at extern.Ali.Kutlu@vw.com
2/9/17………………..Construction Engineering Internship-Highway Construction
Location: Calhoun, GA
Wright Brothers Construction Company, Inc. is currently seeking civil engineering and construction management majors to support our project team in a full or part-time internship position located in Calhoun, GA.
We have an immediate opening for this position, as well as a second position opening May 2017.
Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university pursuing a Bachelor' s of Science in Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Management. Familiarity or an internship with construction industry practices preferred, but not required.
The intern' s duties may include, but are not limited to, supporting the project management team with quantity tracking, file management, scheduling, and progress reporting. Field responsibilities may include assisting with project layout, construction drawing and trade coordination, verification of field conditions and quality control.
Pay is $15.00/hr
Interested applicants are encouraged to send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promote a Drug-Free Workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
2/9/17………………..Teacher Assistant Parent’s Night Out – St. Luke UMC
Parents' Night Out (PNO) provides respite care for family members and primary caregivers of children with special needs and their siblings ages six months to fifth grade. We will offer this respite care one Friday night per month. Staff will report at 5:30 p.m. and work until 9:30 p.m., while children are there from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Background Check and Safe Sanctuary Training
- High School Diploma
- Experience teaching, leading, engaging children including those with special needs.
- Currently pursuing educational degree or certification to serve children with special needs, i.e. early childhood education, speech therapy, pediatric O.T., etc.
The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of: the necessary principles and application of theory into practice for effective instruction and positive behavioral supports that are beneficial for implementation with all children with disabilities; the ability to provide positive behavioral support to children in a group and in an individual setting. Overall, the special educator possesses excellent human relations skills and a working knowledge of the English language in written and verbal form.
Necessary traits include: Responsible, Patient, Kind-hearted, Good communicator, and
Ability to quickly understand and respond to individual’s unique needs
The successful candidate will:
- Teach socially acceptable behavior by employing techniques in an overall positive behavioral support system.
- Provide crisis intervention, as needed, in an inclusive group setting.
- Monitor individual and/or groups of children for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Parents’ Night Out team.
- Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with children, other staff, and parents as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel objects and controls.
- Model conversation, manners, clean-up activities, listening, and everyday interactions for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social behavior in a culturally sensitive manner.
- The position also entails significant walking, bending, standing, stooping, and possible physical interventions in order to maintain a safe environment Assignment may require the ability to physically move students or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs, position students in specialized equipment, and/or change diapers as needed.
Please send resume to email@example.com.
2/9/17………………..Experienced Nanny Wanted
Looking for a caring, responsible and experienced nanny to care for our infant twins and 3 year old boy. 10 to 20 hours a week.
We prefer someone who is majoring in early childhood development and/or childhood education. We are flexible on days and willing to work with your class schedule.
You will need:
- Infant/toddler CPR certification
- Current drivers license and dependable automobile
- at least 3 references
- background check will be performed
If interested, please email current resume and list of references firstname.lastname@example.org
2/9/17…………………..Delivery Drivers Needed To Distribute Local Magazine
Job pays $8/hour and driver will be reimbursed for gas costs. This job is occasional and flexible, and you will be needed about once a month for 2-4 days, but is a great way to make some extra cash!
CMC Publications will assign you a delivery route that will cover areas of Chattanooga, North Georgia or Bradley County. You will deliver magazines to locations where people work, relax and take care of their families – including businesses, medical offices, salons, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of car insurance for the car you will be making deliveries in, and satisfactory vehicle
- Must be available between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. for at least 5 hours at a time. NOTE: Routes can take between 3 to 8 hours.
- We only deliver on week days.
- How many days you work depends on what our need is and what your availability is.
- Must have a clean car and have room for boxes of magazines.
For more information, please send resume to Sara at email@example.com.
2/8/17…………..Seasonal Positions / Flexible Hours at The Barn Nursery
The Barn Nursery – Trees, Shrubs and Pottery Departments needs YOU!!!
“Spring Training Program” to reset our Pottery Dept. and Receive Tress and Shrub “TRAILER LOAD AFTER TRAILER LOAD”
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stock inventory
- Water and fertilize plants
- General store maintenance
- Assist in customer carry-outs and deliveries
- Provide exceptional customer service
This position requires associates to work both indoors and outdoors. Requires candidates to meet lifting requirements.
Apply in person 10:00am to 5:00pm
The Barn Nursery
1801 East 24th Street Place
Chattanooga, TN 37404
2/8/17……………………Childcare Workers Needed (Chattanooga, Belvoir Area)
Are You Energetic & Enthusiastic with a Love for Children? The Shiny Penny Child Care Center is seeking afternoon staff for our nursery and toddler classroom.
Applicant must be dependable, have an upbeat personality, a connection with children and a positive attitude. Must work well with other staff and feel comfortable communicating with parents. Must respect and understand children. You have to truly enjoy children to enjoy a job in the child care field.
We treat our staff with dignity and respect and show our appreciation for their dedication to children. We have a comfortable, friendly, working atmosphere.
Hours: 2PM -6:15PM Monday-Friday
- High School Diploma
- Experience with children
- Criminal Background screening
- No smokers please (due to risks of 2nd and 3rd hand smoke to health of children)
If you are an outgoing, mature person with much patience and a love for children, AND you are available Monday-Friday, you are welcome to apply for this position.
Please send an email detailing your experience/work history, especially pertaining to children to firstname.lastname@example.org NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!
2/8/17………………………..Part Time/Full Time Help Needed as Sleep Tech
Seniors or recent graduates in Premed/Psychology /Chemistry/Biology with High GPA needed for Physicians office. For Sleep Disorders Center to work as a sleep technologist, 3rd Shift. Will train in the field. Both positions are PT/ FT. Flexible work nights.
First shift position as medical assistant also available.
Excellent learning work environment. This employer has successfully employed UTC Premed students in the past who have gone on to Medical School, Podiatry School, Veterinary School and PA school. This year three Clinical coordinators (UTC graduates) have been accepted into Med school. Freshman and Juniors can also apply and have worked here in the past.
Please send resume to email@example.com.
2/7/17………………….Customer Service Representative – Two Men and a Truck
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for growing sales by partnering with other franchise staff to provide outstanding customer service to all TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® customers through in-depth knowledge of company products and services.
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as the first point of contact for new and existing customers to establish a rapport and build confidence in TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® services
- Asks open-ended, probing questions to determine customer requirements and expectations
- Directly and accurately inputs information in to “Movers Who Care®” software to estimate cost for customers, as well as scheduling needs for movers, drivers and trucks
- Makes recommendations according to customer's needs on moving services, boxes, supplies and equipment and other value-added services; may recommend alternate services and/or products based on cost, availability or customer specifications
- Educates customer on terminology, policies and procedures, anticipated delays and any additional information needed to increase customer satisfaction and improve profitability
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements when scheduling moving services and staff
- Continually maintains thorough understanding of all company products, services, pricing and promotions in order to communicate the benefits and value of TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® and effectively oppose any customer objections
- Prepares all move-related paperwork and documents on a daily basis
- Obtains customer feedback through regular follow-up calls, both during and after moves to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and proactively resolve any complaints
- Calmly and professionally handles displeased customers and provides timely feedback to management regarding customer concerns
- May assist management with scheduling and tracking of movers and drivers in accordance with move requirements
- May prepare various reports for management as well as gather research and statistics
- May prepare proposals, letters, mass mailings, and other miscellaneous correspondence
- May participate in various marketing activities including networking, direct mail and charitable move coordination
- Ensures display area is maintained in a clean and professional manner; i.e. brochure stocks and box displays
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (SKA) Required
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful)
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Good grammar, voice and diction
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively
- Accurate; consistent attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques
- Confidence to initiate customer contact, and comfortable asking for the sale
- Strong team player who works productively with a wide range of people and personalities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment; able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills
- Able to perform basic business math
- Able to present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
- Demonstrated integrity, ethical standards, and commitment to TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Core Values
- Bilingual is a plus
The hours for this position are Monday – Friday 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM and Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Please be sure you are available for these times before applying.
Please apply at www.twomen.com/careers