Part Time Off Campus Jobs & Internships
Additional part time jobs and internships may be found on Moc Links. Click here to register for a Moc Links account.
4/28/17................Retail Associates (year-round, part-time) - Children's Boutique
A children’s art, home décor and book boutique is looking for energetic staff for retail sales and special events, who enjoy being creative, are interested in interior design and appreciate children’s literature. The shop has art, furniture, bedding and books for children, with special events to showcase artists and authors and encourage children to read and create. An outgoing, patient and positive personality is a must to succeed in this environment.
This position might be of particular interest to interior design, art, education and literature/creative writing majors, though not required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Enthusiastic commitment to the highest quality of customer service with every interaction
- Courteous and polite in all situations
- Driven by sales goals
- Ability to work alone and independently but can positively collaborate with a team and follow detailed instructions
- Ability to energetically communicate with children and clients
- Flexible, collaborative and creative approach to work and interactions
- Trustworthy and dependable; committed to a superior work ethic
Skills and Experience Preferred:
- Experience in a retail environment
- Retail sales, including assisting clients with custom design decisions, check-out/cash register, gift wrapping, sales reports and more
- Maintain knowledge about in-stock and custom order merchandise and suppliers
- Stay up-to-date on new and best selling books and authors
- Learn and retain knowledge regarding specific art mediums and artists represented
- Process custom and restocking orders
- Receive and unpack stock
High School diploma or GED required; some post-secondary education preferred
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Lifting (some moderate to heavy), Bending, Reaching and Climbing (ladder)
Standing for long periods of time while maintaining high energy level
Pay is supplemented with sales commissions. Hours may vary week to week, including weekends and busy holiday seasons. Must be available during the summer months as well.
Must be able to pass a background check.
Resumes, cover letters (3-4 paragraphs, 1 page) and 5 references should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4/28/17................Computer Geek needed
- Should be able to work 10 t0 15 hours
- Must be available to work til 6pm
- Can choose to work any day during the week
- WILL WORK WITH YOUR SCHEDULE
- Proficiency in typing perferred
- Light office work
- Knowledge of computers
- Self motivated, patient, and pleasant
To apply: Please call Roger at (423) 503-3584
4/27/17……………….Referees Wanted for Adult Sports League
We are seeking individuals with GREAT PERSONALITIES that have a strong background in sports. It's a great way to meet new people and have fun while getting paid.
We are seeking referees for the following: Kickball, Softball, Flag Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball
Referee Job Requirements Include:
- Have a social, outgoing personality (a MUST to be considered for the position)
- Be committed to learning the rules and procedures
- Be fair, polite and firm enforcing rules and policies
- Handle player disagreements with a level head
PT position. Starting pay is $18 per game. Position will require initial training period.
The primary age range for our players is 21-39 years old.
Must be 21+ to apply.
Input your availability and background at our website: http://www.playcsl.com/referees
4/27/17………………………….Siskin Hospital Food Service Worker
The Food Service Worker may work anywhere on property where food is prepared. This person will assist in setup and serving of food from counters and steamtables. Duties will include cleaning and sanitizing equipment and work stations. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Reads recipes and/or product directions.
- Estimates food requirements.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, season and knead foodstuffs for cooking, serving and storing.
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
- Keeps records and requisition for supplies/equipment as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- May taste test products.
- Sets up stations with entrées, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils.
- Provides general stocking duties in service area.
- Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables (sometimes using a conveyor food belt), and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
- Brews coffee and tea.
- May be required to restock other beverage areas.
- Interacts with customers in the serving, retail and dining areas.
- Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when requested.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May work on a trayline to distribute food.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- No previous work experience required.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
- Basic food-handling skills
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Individuals interested should email Faye.Marthaler@sodexo.com
4/27/17………………….Aftercare Staff at TMS for Summer 2017
Are you looking for work this summer? We are looking for a responsible and professional staff member to look after children ages 1 year through 8th grade in our aftercare program for our summer camp.
Our aftercare staff must be fun loving, energetic, detail oriented, and great with children. On any given day staff may lead a kickball game, change a diaper, do light cleaning, and/or greet parents. This is a great job that allows you to be outside and have a lot of fun playing with children.
Requirements (please DO NOT apply if you cannot meet ALL the requirements):
- Available Mondaythrough Friday by 2:00pm and until 5:45pm
- 18 years of age or older
- Must commit to working through August 11, 2017
- Hourly pay rate is between $9.50 and $10.50 depending on experience
- 1 week of vacation available
Looking for a cheerleading coach to assist with an all-star program
Must have competitive cheerleading experience
Hours Wednesday and Friday afternoons and evenings
Pay is $10 an hour
Please send resume to email@example.com. Serious inquiries only
Our firm would like to place a job posting for a legal assistant with Calderin & Oliva, P.A. We are an immigration law firm. We are looking for either part-time or full-time (20 hours-40 hours).
We prefer that the applicant be fluent in a foreign language. Prior office experience is not required.
Interested applicants can email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
4/26/17…………….Field Engineer Intern – GE Healthcare
Build your career and experience advantages of working for the "World's Most Admired Company" (Fortune Magazine) offering opportunities for growth and career advancement!
In this role, the Field Engineer Intern will observe and perform various equipment service processes and procedures to drive customer satisfaction and ensure proper functionality of less complex customer diagnostic imaging equipment.
Supervised responsibilities may include:
- Work within hospital radiology environment to evaluate and troubleshoot imaging equipment issues and implement appropriate repairs.
- Complete Preventative Maintenance on designated equipment.
- Perform safety and environmental inspections ensuring compliance to Health and Human Services and Environmental Health and Safety guidelines.
- Complete necessary service and repair documentation following hospital protocol and GE policies & procedures.
- Maintain daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
- Learn and ensure proper care of tools and test equipment and ensure calibration. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment.
- Mentor with and assist more experienced technicians on progressive repairs and resolution, and will work as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within his/her assigned area
- Current student or recent graduate of no more than 12 months from an A.S., B.S. or M.S. Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Imaging Technology or Mechanical Principles degree program or equivalent DOD military education.
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher based on a 4.0 scale
- Previous experience and/or course work in which you have successfully interpreted schematic diagrams and performed troubleshooting and planned maintenance on basic diagnostic imaging or electronic equipment following current standards, code, and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
- Must be able to develop and maintain good customer relationships.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
- Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Previous experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
- Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
- Ability to develop and maintain good customer relations.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment in the electronic field - resulting in knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
- Change agent and process oriented.
- Local candidates strongly preferred
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are a $17 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 46,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do! For more information about GE Healthcare join our LinkedIn Group: GE Healthcare Global Community, http://linkd.in/p3Dqyk
Interested applicants should email their resumes to email@example.com
4/26/17…………………….Appraisal Specialist – SmartBank
The position is part-time, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Efficiently process residential and commercial appraisal orders over the Collateral360 software system. Complete and maintain all appraisal order information. Interact personally and professionally with appraisers, lenders, and all Bank personnel. Accurately maintain all scheduled appraisal appointments and due dates and be prepared to report on these, as needed. Assist the Appraisal Processing Department with other duties, as assigned.
PRIMARY ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Residential Appraisal Ordering: Process requests to order appraisals for 1-4 Family properties from bank personnel over the Collateral360 software. Order appraisals from the qualified appraisers on the approved appraiser list. Enter all necessary information and follow the progress of each appraisal. Report on progress as needed. Follow-up on any problems or issues with the progress of the report. Prepare and forward Engagement Letter to Appraiser for signature. When appraisal is ordered, notify lender and their assistant. Complete invoices as needed and complete Collateral360 documentation when appraisal is received. Distribute report over the Collateral360 system.
- Commercial Appraisal Ordering: Process commercial appraisal orders over the Collateral360 software. Bid out to appraisers on the approved commercial appraiser list. Process lender’s choice from the bids received. Follow up on the progress of the appraisal and report as needed. Follow-up on any problems or issues with the completion of the report. Prepare and forward Engagement Letter to Appraiser for signature. When appraisal is ordered, notify lender and their assistant. Complete invoices as needed and complete Collateral360 documentation when appraisal is received. Distribute report over the Collateral360 system.
Assist the Appraisal Processing Department with other duties, as assigned.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the completion of all invoices for the Accounting dept. and with all needed record keeping for Accounting. Each necessary report is to be completed as prescribed and submitted for review in a timely manner.
- All other related duties as assigned.
SCOPE OF JOB:
- Coordinate and facilitate the efficient ordering and reviewing of residential and commercial appraisals for various loans which the Bank is processing. Effectively work with other Bank departments and with appraisal firms in order to obtain timely and appropriate appraisal reports and also appraisal reviews for these reports. Also assist in the completion of various invoices and other accounting documentation as needed.
- Must be a self-starter with good written and verbal communication skills and be diplomatic and tactful in handling the customers of the bank and have the ability to interact positively with other members of the Bank’s Relationship Team.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; 2-year college degree is preferred. Must be at least 18 years old. Credit loan support and/or loan processing or reporting experience in the banking or finance industry is also strongly preferred. Must be a self-starter with good written and verbal communication skills and be diplomatic and tactful in handling the customers of the bank and have the ability to interact positively with other members of the Relationship Team. Computer experience needed in Excel, Microsoft Word, and Windows.
- Confidential information acquired through the course of employment about the Bank, its customers and suppliers, is to be used solely for the banking purposes and not as a bias for furthering a private interest or as a means of making a profit. Bank employees may not disclose confidential information of one customer to another customer or to any other outside party. Disclosure to or discussion with other Bank employees should be kept on a need-to-know basis.
To apply for the position go to www.SmartBank.com under careers.
4/26/17…………………Full & Part Time Jobs at Henpecked Chicken
If you are looking to work in a high-energy, fast paced, positive work environment PART TIME OR FULL TIME, THE HENPECKED CHICKEN IS OPENING IN DOWNTOWN CHATTANOOGA IN MAY! Cashiers, Food Runners /Bussers, Dishwashers, Line Cooks, Prep Cooks, and hourly Supervisors
Stop by the store at 405 Market St in downtown Chattanooga Friday or Saturday between 10 AM and 6 PM to fill out an application!
4/26/17………………Local Engineering / Drafting & Design Internship Opportunity
The internships would ideally be 40 hours during the summer and a modified schedule in the fall. We will be paying $12.00 an hour.
ITG (the “Company”) is a Chattanooga, TN based firm focused on industrial machine design and fabrication. Current project backlogs require support for engineers and project teams engaged in design work related to process automation, fluid control systems, and atmospheric process controls. Draftsperson required at the Cummings Rd. facility approximately forty (40) hours per week.
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager & Director of Operations the intern will gain valuable hands-on insight into the real world application of engineering principles while witnessing his or her designs come to life in a working machine and fabrication shop.
In this role, the intern will:
- Analyze blue-print and P&ID drawings, hand sketches, or verbal direction to utilize
software to develop an “Issued for Construction” (IFC) group of product drawings and
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment, technical handbooks, tables, and other tools to create to-scale drawings of newly designed equipment.
- Measure factors that affect installation and arrangement of equipment, such as creating “to scale” drawings with listed measurements
- Draft working drawings as required with instructions to installation crew
- Maintain design integrity by using SolidWorks EPDM Vault
- Create, modify, and maintain dimensional designs, layouts, and drawings including 2D surface drawings & 3D solid modeling designs, and all related documentation using SolidWorks® computer-aided design (CAD) system in support of project engineers and field installers during design, development, manufacturing, testing, and field commissioning.
- Work with engineering team to create needed designs
- Interpret and ensure conformance to applicable standards and codes, as well as company defined design parameters
- Prepare presentations to present and explain work completed for group review
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve potential design flaws or installation problems
- Revise drawings based on instructions from engineers
Qualifications necessary to safely and efficiently perform the Tasks including;
- SolidWorks experience; SolidWorks Elite Certification, a plus.
- Ability to create or modify 3-D geometries in both Surfacing, as well as Solid environments.
- Experience designing with structural steel and other support components, sheet metal, aluminum, etc.
- Experience with mechanical pumps a plus.
- Ability to read/interpret blue-print and P&ID drawings.
- Ability to understand notations & symbols commonly used to give instructions on drawings and blueprints
- Understanding and ability to solve the equations, calculations and written instructions from engineers
- Strong computer skills including MS word, MS Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work within a team and independently as required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to collaborate to solve problems; Strong trouble-shooting skills, a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay on task
- Excellent documentation habits required
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
4/26/17…………………..Public Relations Intern - Walker County Commissioners Office
Walker County, Georgia government seeks a qualified college intern to join our creative Public Relations Department. Successful candidate will gain experience in traditional and social media, website design, digital production, records management and government operations. Must be an energetic, self-starter with ideas to improve community connections by measurable analytics. The ideal intern will have a good understanding of how to engage with millennials and get them more involved in their government.
This is a paid internship of $10 an hour, up to 40 hours a week.
- Produce content for web and social media
- Deliver grammatically clean and creative copy
- Brainstorm and collaborate with PR Director on digital marketing and video production projects
- Shoot and edit pictures and video
- Assist in website redesign
- Inventory tourist attractions and events
- Develop and launch a community education campaign
- Work with local media (TV, newspaper, radio) to schedule interviews
- Update database of media contacts
- Work with county employees to improve social media skills
- Proof press releases and internal correspondence
- Manage multiple projects with short and long-term deadlines
- Provide additional PR support as needed
Must be an undergraduate or graduate level college student with an interest in government relations. We are looking for someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an advanced knowledge of social media. You also need a general working knowledge of AP style and traditional media. In addition, the ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic, willingness to learn and ability to follow-through on assignments. Graphic design is a plus.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to: Walker County Commissioner’s Office Sharleen Robinson, Human Resources Director P.O. Box 445 LaFayette, GA 30728 You may also e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
4/25/17…………..Nursery Staff - Hixson Presbyterian Church
Job Summary: Under supervision of the Nursery Staff Coordinator, the nursery staff member is responsible to care for children who are infants through three years old. There will be some exceptions on ages (at times it will be up to age five). Nursery staff members are also responsible for following a curriculum, particularly with the toddler age group.
Requirements: Previous experience with children, social skills that foster positive interactions with children and parents, competency in caring for basic needs of infants and toddlers (diaper changing etc), ability to follow a basic lesson plan and deliver in an age appropriate way.
Job hours and pay: Consistently able to work Sunday mornings (on a rotation every other week), Wednesday evenings, some Sunday evenings, and willing to pick up extra hours for occasional special events. Pay is $10.20 per hour
To apply: Now hiring with a desired start date of June 4, 2-17. Applications available online at http://www.hixsonpres.org/nursery. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or in paper form to the church office.
NOTE: Church address until May 26th is 1005 Gadd Road Hixson, TN 37343 and after May 26th is 1450 Jackson Mill Road Hixson, TN 37343. Questions? Call Alisa Gillis at 423-875-0616.
4/25/17………………….Landscape Crew Help Needed
We are looking for a self-motivated, punctual, and responsible individual to work on landscape crew. This position is not limited to landscape installation only, but also includes working with a construction crew. There is an opportunity to grow with this company.
Valid driver's license is a must. Experience in landscape maintenance, plantings, hardscapes, and machine work is highly recommended. Some crews are required to travel during the week.
Please e-mail resume to PhillipsCreasey@gmail.com or call Kelsey @ 423-266-2341 to schedule an interview.
4/25/17………………….Ribbon Cutter - Ribbon and Bows Oh My, Hixson, TN
The Ribbon Cutter is responsible for cutting down large rolls of product to the correct length in order to be rolled. The primary goal is to complete the work orders distributed by the Ribbon Assembly Manager accurately and in a timely manner. The secondary role of this position is to assist in the packing process of orders to be shipped.
- Cut large spools of product down to correct sizes based on work orders provided by
Ribbon Assembly Manager
- Includes various products and collections
- Pack orders on “CPS” wall
- Assemble DIY kits as needed
- Assemble hardware/miscellaneous items as needed
- Ensure the quality of the work
- Cut only high quality products and notify manager of unsatisfactory product
- Minimize errors on cuts
- Packaging products properly and without errors
- Provide support on other tasks as deemed necessary by Shipping Manager, Ribbon Assembly Manager or Owner
We are looking for a 30 - 35-hour position with pay starting around $9/hour.
We would like to interview and hire someone as quickly as possible.
Interested applicants can apply to email@example.com.
4/25/17…………..Temporary / Part time Greenskeeper / Landscaper at Black Creek Club for 2017 Spring/Summer/Fall season.
Duties/Description - Black Creek Club is a private golf club located within the Black Creek Mountain residential development. We are located at 4700 Cummings Cove Drive, Chattanooga. We are currently filling positions for the 2017 golf/growing season.
Candidates must be able to perform a variety of physical duties including, but not limited to: operation of mowing equipment, operation of hand-held power equipment, raking bunkers, cleanup of debris, and other miscellaneous golf course maintenance duties.
High School graduates with prior landscaping and/or golf course experience are preferred, but not required.
Hours available are Monday - Friday, 6:30 A.M. - 3:00 p.m. and weekends 6:30 A.M. - 10:30 A.M. Flexible schedules are available on a limited basis.
Pay rates to be $9.00 - $10.00 /hr depending on experience.
Contact Scott Wicker, Golf Course Superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred contact) or by phone (423) 822-2582, ext. 6, option 1
4/24/17…………………TellGate Campus Ambassadors
Part-Time Position: Starting Fall 2017
TellGate is looking for students at UTC who are looking for a part-time position when the fall semester starts. We are looking for applicants who want to work flexible hours, work well both independently and as a part of a team, and bring new ideas and energy to give students the best tailgating experiences of their lives.
As a TellGate Ambassador, you will be granted the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment. This is a position that will provide assistance for tailgaters on college game days and, ensuring their tailgating experience is unforgettable.
The duties and responsibilities of this position are service-based and will allow you to work with a team and help build your networking and sales skills
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Assistance with tailgate setup services
- Breaking down and packing up tailgates
Required Position Qualifications:
- 18 years of age or over
- A valid driver’s license
- Strong aptitude for sales, marketing, and meet new people
- Ability to lift and lower packages that typically weigh 20lbs-50lbs
- Be in good standing with your college or university (if attending)
- All class levels welcome (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior)
Hours & Schedule:
You will primarily be working on weekends, specifically college game days. Ambassadors will be able to create their own schedule that best fits their needs
Since this is a service based job, your pay will primarily be commissioned off the quantity of tailgates you assist with setups and breakdowns. The pay will scale with the size of the tailgates you set up, as well as how many.
- You receive commission off of every tailgate you setup/breakdown
- Compensation is included after certain service benchmarks
Applications are accepted until July 31, 2017
To apply, please follow this link: https://www.thetellgate.com/contact/
For more information, contact:
4/24/17………………………Nursery Workers Needed
A local church is seeking paid nursery workers for the summer. This position involves caring for toddlers through 2-year-olds.
The ideal candidate will have experience with young children and will be available every Sunday 11:00 am-12:45 pm. The pay is $20/week from May 7th through August 20th.
If interested, please contact Dianne at 423-503-4188.
About Leadership Academy:
At Leadership Academy, we believe that play and exploration increases creativity, confidence and social intelligence. By playing with others in a camp community, children and grown ups build competence, autonomy and relatedness that drives intrinsic motivation and happiness.
Leadership Academy LLC is a summer camp company that creates camp adventures for people of all ages. At Leadership Academy, we design and operate camp programs for children and grown ups and provide consulting in the camp industry. Our goal is to get more people outside, exploring, learning, playing and having fun so they develop a strong sense of self and a deeper connection to nature.
Nature Day Camp Counselor Job Description: Summer Seasonal
You always knew your talent for building fire and making s'mores would come in handy: what better way to share your gift than teaching kids to create their own marshmallow masterpieces around a crackling campfire?
If the idea of hiking with kids singing camp songs makes you grin instead of grimace, if you can distinguish poison ivy from harmless underbrush or win staring contests with large spiders, you're well on your way to being an awesome camp counselor!
Positive attitude and a genuine enthusiasm for working with children are vital. Being a summer camp counselor is a great opportunity to build leadership skills while spending the summer outdoors all day, everyday. Just be sure to come prepared with rain gear, sunscreen and bug spray; you'll be working in all sorts of weather conditions.
Availability: May 30 - August 4
Work Schedule & Hours: Monday-Friday, 40 hrs/week
- Must have 1-2 years experience with direct child supervision and provide references.
- Must have some college, preferably environmental or education majors.
- Must have CPR and First Aid training from a nationally recognized agency before staff training.
- Preferred: 1 year camp experience.
How To Apply: To apply for any of our open positions, navigate to the link leadershipacademyllc.com/employment-counselors/ to create a profile and see our listing of available positions.
If you have any questions about application, call us at 615-856-4772 or email to email@example.com
4/24/17………………………..Video Editing Intern – Summer 2017
EMJ Corporation, Chattanooga, TN
The Video Editing Intern will assist with recording and editing video in EMJ’s Learning division. Video material ranges from short promotional pieces to interviews to lower quality historical recordings. Our interns participate in production planning to help shoot for the edit. This will be an excellent opportunity for a student to apply his/her skills in a dynamic corporate environment and understand how video is used in corporate learning. Interns earn $10/hr while building a portfolio to share with future employers.
- Actively enrolled in a college or university
- Pursuing a degree in Digital Media, Video Production, Computer Science, or related
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Available to work 20-30 hours per week Monday through Friday during the summer
- At least an intermediate knowledge of video production and editing
- Strong working knowledge of Final Cut Pro
- Good understanding of technical aspects of video and audio compression, including coded and/or playback settings and standards for a variety of platforms and devices
- Creative with the ability to come up with innovative concepts for videos
- Comfortable using a Mac
- Work with the Learning team to brainstorm and storyboard creative concepts for videos
- Publish videos to MP4 for marketing use and course production
- Organize digital assets, cataloging footage to ensure the best assets are readily accessible
To learn more or apply, please contact Destin Day at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about EMJ Corporation, please visit our website at www.emjcorp.com.
4/20/17……………….Administrative/Social Media Assistant for Youth Employment (Seasonal) – Nashville Career Advancement Center (NCAC)
Hourly Rate of Pay: $15.00
Works with community providers, schools, and businesses to ensure linkages to appropriate work and education-readiness services for youth ages 14-24. Support citywide youth employment program implementation and on-going delivery.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Assists in analyzing, defining, and documenting requirements for participant tracking interfaces and other systems; analyzes data base and systems operations to find causes of errors and recommend changes to data coding or report formats.
- Assists in processing and entering enrollment and tracking related procedure to ensure data integrity and validity.
- Provides technical assistance to staff and partners.
- Implement employment and employability-focused opportunities and resources for young people
- Ensures regulatory compliance and data integrity under the guidance of the Youth Services Director
Social Media responsibilities:
- Social media and content creation/marketing tasks such as managing our social platforms
- Proficient in Social Media Skills required; Must have a working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- An interest in social media marketing, non-profits and communications preferred.
Education and Experience:
A combination of professional work experience, skills bases knowledge and secondary education that would be the equivalent to the knowledge/experience required to perform the tasks associated with the job. A bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in computer science, business or social sciences and practical experience with the subject matter.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Social Media Skills required
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player
- Adapt to Change and a fast paced environment.
Note: Per Metro Ordinance No. S094-1078, all employees of the Metropolitan Government shall be residents of the State of Tennessee or become residents of the state within six (6) months of employment as a prerequisite to employment with the Metropolitan Government.
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
NCAC HR COORDINATOR
1417 Murfreesboro Pike
Nashville, TN 37219
APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY BY 4/26/17. BACKGROUND AND EMPLOYMENT REFERENCE CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR EMPLOYMENT
4/20/17………………….Information Specialist – Chattanooga Visitors Center
Do you have
- Basic knowledge of the Chattanooga area
- Good communication skills
- Dependable transportation
- A love for the outdoors
Then you would be the perfect candidate for our Information Specialist position!
- Rate: $8.00/hr
- 1-3 days a week, flexible schedule
- 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Must be available to work weekends
Email email@example.com for more information
4/19/17………………………..Niedlov’s is Hiring a Mixer
Competitive Starting Wage
EARLY morning shifts, 2 AM – 10:30AM, schedule to change to 4 AM in future
At least 2 days/wk
Niedlov’s is looking for someone to join our production team as the morning mixer. You will create the dough for every type of bread we sell, from artisan to wholesale, and from levain-style breads to dinner rolls. Position involves mixing, artisan bread shaping, and bagel baking.
This is active, concrete, hands-on work. You’re likely to build a little muscle! You’ll be handling hundreds of pounds of dough, and you’ll be around a lot of wheat flour. You will be surrounded by that wonderful bakery smell. If you enjoy using your hands and don’t mind repetition and routine, you will likely enjoy this job. As production workers, we always get to finish our daily to-do list before leaving work, which is quite satisfying.
We are unique in that our back-of-house has a caring, cheerful feel…even in the midst of a loud and bustling environment. We do all we can to make Niedlov’s a place where it’s enjoyable to work, because the people are great and so is what we do—we can be truly proud of what we put our time and effort into. We work with care, efficiency, and attention to detail to make bread that is known throughout town for its quality and deliciousness…and we have fun.
The ideal applicant:
- has interest/experience in artisan baking, developing a sense for the art of breadmaking
- is observant and efficient, attuned to detail and timing
- is hardy and enjoys physical work, can lift at least 50 lbs., is able to function in a warm fast-paced environment, has strength and stamina, can work standing for duration of a shift
- has presence of mind, willingness to perform sometimes repetitive work thoughtfully
- PaIf you enjoy physical work, can handle a good deal of heat and probably your share of burns, and want to learn about making bread:has a track record of reliability on the job and is comfortable with the realities of an unconventional work schedule.
If interested, please stop by the bakery and ask for an application at the register; we highly encourage you to attach your résumé. Please do not call the bakery about this position, as we are often unable to answer during busy hours.
For inquiries, you can email Sara, our head of bakery operations: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4/19/17………………..Part Time Seasonal Help Needed with Girl Scouts
Would you enjoy talking about the fun and excitement of Girl Scouting to potential new members? Are you interested in seasonal part-time work? If yes, the Girl Scout Council of Southern Appalachians is looking for you.
We are seeking multiple recruiters who will share the benefits of Girl Scouting with girls and adults during school talks and parent nights this fall. Multiple positions are available from August through October.
Positions are approximately 10-20 hours a week and may include evenings or days. Positions require personal transportation to drive to assigned schools. Hourly Rate is $12.00.
Paid training is provided, and employee must be available for one of the trainings as listed below:
- Chattanooga, TN: June 19-22, 2017
- Johnson City, TN: July 10-13, 2017
- Knoxville, TN: July 31-August 3, 2017
Job description is located at www.girlscoutcsa.org/en/our-council/careers.html.
Please email resume/cover letter to email@example.com or call 1-800-474-1912 for application to be sent to you. Deadline to apply is 4:30 p.m. (Eastern) on Friday, June 2, 2017. EEO/TN Drug-Free Workplace/E-Verify
4/19/17……………………Supply Chain Intern - United States Stove Company
Internship timeframe: Mid May to first week of August 2017
Please note that this is a full-time paid internship (Monday through Friday).
- Help generate, review, manage and improve reports for tracking and monitoring day to day foreign supplier activity to assure on time production, shipment and delivery of key finished goods, accessories and parts.
- Assist in processing documentation necessary for securing foreign produced items
- Help facilitate communication between our US based and foreign based teams, foreign suppliers and both internal and external clients
- Assist to evaluate our logistics process in order to minimize cost and optimize service level
- Contribute in the execution of any and all tasks on time as directed by USSC supervisor
What the intern will learn:
US Stove is committed to ensuring that its internships provide a valuable learning experience for its interns. In connection with this internship, US Stove anticipates that the intern will gain experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Organizational skills – managing different type of topics with different degrees of priorities
- Analytical skills – proficiency to collect, integrate, and utilize different types of data
- Critical thinking – always ready to adapt to change during unexpected situation.
- Industry knowledge – in relations with different departments (wholesale, merchandising, IT, finance, customer service).
- Negotiation skills – exposure to proven successful tactics within the international arena
- Very good computer skills, with proficiency to use Microsoft Excel
- Attention to details
- Interest in International supplier management and procurement
- Good relationship skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Business School, International Business, Engineering School
Email resumes to Jim Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 3rd. Jim will contact applicants after that date and then set up a time/day to interview on-campus.
4/18/17…………………..IT Help Desk Intern - Hutton
Candidate must be enrolled in a technology program or have graduated in the last year. This is an internship in the IT department. Candidate will be assisting with first level support and will receive on the job training.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
Salary: $9.00 to $12.00 /hour
4/18/17……………………Part Time Caregiver Needed
I am currently searching for a part-time, private caregiver for a 67 year old female.
The pay is $13 per hour and the shifts are Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings from 4-9pm and/or Saturday/Sunday evenings from 4-8pm.
Duties include very light housekeeping, light meal prep, laundry when necessary, errands if needed, administration of meds, and genuine companionship for a good spirited lady!
Applicants must secure or already be CPR/First Aid certified, have reliable transportation with state minimum auto insurance, and pass a background check.
Serious inquiries can email Mrs. Ware at email@example.com, or call 423-713-6650 to discuss.
4/18/17……………Chico’s Sales Associate Position: Part-time
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Sales Associate is primarily responsible for ensuring a great customer experience and maximum profitability. Performs various sales and register transactions and aids in controlling shrink through customer interaction.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
4/18/17…………………Chico’s Stock Position: Part-time
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Support Associate is responsible for performing various functions that support the sales operations of the store including, POS transactions, merchandise handling, stock processing, and stockroom organization. Receives, stores, and replenishes sales floor merchandise and stocks merchandise. May periodically work sales floor.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
To apply: Call Vonda at 423-954-3988 to set up an interview.
4/18/17………………………….Part Time Sales Associate – Nooga Paws
Nooga Paws is excited to hire a new member to join our pack at our locally owned and operated natural pet market. Nooga Paws is located at the 2 North Shore shopping development located in Chattanooga, TN.
Nooga Paws is seeking outgoing and approachable personalities who enjoy working with people and pets to fulfill our part-time sales associate positions.
4/17/17……………………..Calculus Tutor Needed
My son is in need of an immediate Calculus Tutor.
Please email LJensen@Dental-Partners.com or call (423)584-0027.
4/17/17…………………….Summer NeighborWorks VISTA
Chattanooga Neighborhood Enterprise seeks an outstanding individual to provide one summer of service through Americorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America). CNE is a community-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to create economically-diverse neighborhoods filled with financially empowered citizens and housing for all. Through that mission, CNE provides resources and opportunities to low-income families and communities. Our AmeriCorps VISTAs will function as a core part of our staff devoted to bringing low-income individuals and communities out of poverty.
The VISTA will conduct activities such as surveying residents about community needs, and compiling the information into a usable report. The VISTA will connect closely with other staff and volunteers to stabilize communities and build personal and community assets in low- and moderate-income communities.
This position requires a commitment to serve as a full-time employee for an eight (8) week period beginning Monday, June 12, 2017. Compensation is paid directly to VISTA Summer Associates in the form of a small monthly living allowance from AmeriCorp VISTA. At the end of the term of service, an education award or cash stipend may be provided. For more information about AmeriCorps VISTA, see http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista.
Training and Qualifications
- U.S. Citizen at least 18 years of age
- Responsible, self-motivated, and able to handle multiple on-going projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant non-profit or community development experience
- Computer skills required (MS Office products proficiency helpful)
- Other language skills a plus
- Ability to exercise considerable initiative and independent judgment and follow-through
- Maintains regular and timely attendance
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
Applications will be accepted until Monday, May 22, 2017 or until the job is filled.
To apply, please follow this link: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=72999&fromSearch=true. For more information, contact Jennifer Holder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4/17/17………………..Full & Part Time Jobs at Jack Brown’s Beer & Burger Joint
Calling all burger and beer lovers! Jack Brown's Beer and Burger Joint is building our FOH and BOH teams for the opening of our Downtown Chattanooga location.
For FOH: Are you passionate about the art and science of craft beer and want to share it with others? Want to learn more about craft beer? How about serving great burgers and having a blast? Then come check out Jack Brown's Some beer knowledge and serving experience preferred.
For BOH: Looking to join a fun, fast-paced burger joint? Are you a wizard on the flat-top griddle? Are you a master on a fryer? Then JB's is the place for you! We are looking for individuals with a positive attitude that can work in close quarters team environment. We do one thing, and we do it really well...Burgers. Flat top grill and fryer experience a plus.
We are a growing company with opportunities for advancement in Tennesee and the surrounding states. Come join our team and be part of our growth!
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
4/17/17…………………….Full & Part Time Jobs at Food Work Restaurant
Food Works Restaurant is seeking FT/PT line cooks/hostesses/servers to join our team. We offer competitive pay and a flexible work schedule in a casual non-corporate environment. We prefer experienced line cooks and servers but no experience needed for hostesses.
Apply in person between 2:00 and 5:00 Monday through Friday at 205C Manufacturers Road
4/17/17………………Full & Part Time Window Cleaners Needed - Fish Window Cleaning
We are looking for full-time and part-time window cleaners. We provide professional and reliable window cleaning service on commercial and residential buildings, mostly three stories or less. The majority of our work is done from the ground using poles with some ladder work for some tasks. We are looking for self-motivated candidates that maintain positive attitudes, pay attention to detail, and seek to provide extraordinary customer service. No experience necessary.
We provide training pay, then pay is based on your performance; therefore, you earn what you are worth (good cleaners can earn $10 - $15 an hour once fully trained). You need reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license to be considered for employment.
Please visit: https://www.wantagreatjob.com/?lid=978 to fill out an application online.
4/17/17………………….Temporary Assistant Warehouse Manager – Riverbend 2017
(position @ $1,400.00 - May 30 - June 22, 2017)
Responsible for assisting Warehouse Manager in the following activities: warehouse inventory of all equipment. Work with Sector Managers to gather and distribute requested materials/equipment for set up and organize materials/equipment returned from site. Receive deliveries for all incoming packages and coordinate deliveries to site.
- MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
- Heavy lifting may be required Other duties as may be assigned
- Reports directly to the Operations Manager and Warehouse Manager
Applications are available at:
Friends of the Festival, Inc.
180 Hamm Road, Chattanooga, TN 37405
Contact: Randy Buckles, Operations Manager
4/17/17……………Sector Operations Manager – Riverbend 2017
(positions@ $1,700.00 - May 30- June 22, 2017) Responsibilities for the following duties within a defined sector (portion) of the festival site:
- Ground Duties: Supervise all grounds crew including clean-up, electrical, plumbing, tents, and sanitation. Attend committee and and operations meetings. Work with Warehouse Manager to see that equipment inventory and storage is completed in a timely manner. Assume responsibility for equipment and supplies issued by Warehouse Manager.
- Gate Duties: Responsible for overseeing everything affecting the public as it arises. Assist Wristband checking staff through gate supervisors. Responsible for signage being posted as needed at entry gates. Oversee perimeter of Festival sector and monitor entry points.
- Security Duties: Assist in coordinating Volunteer security at each gate. Coordinate security duties at stages and acts as a liaison between command post and volunteer and/or paid security personnel. Act as contact point for nighttime security personnel at stages.
- Concessions Duties: Responsible for quality, appearance and service attitude of Concessions area - enforce contract terms, assist Concessionaires when needed, etc. Supervise all pouring crews. See that all inventories are locked and protected. Supervise vendor check-in and check-out.
- After Hours Gate Management -Anyone interested in this position, please call Randy Buckles at the office for hours and salary information
- MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE!
- Heavy lifting may be required
- other duties as may be assigned
- Reports directly to the Operations Manager
Applications are available at:
Friends of the Festival, Inc.
180 Hamm Road, Chattanooga, TN 37405
Contact: Randy Buckles, Operations Manager
4/17/17……………RIVERBEND SUMMER JOBS
The Riverbend Festival is seeking self-starter individuals 18 years & older for temporary positions before, during, and after the festival. Positions are labor intensive, will require some heavy lifting. MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE.
Dates: May 30 - June 22.
Apply at 180 Hamm Road, or call 756-2212.
4/13/17………………………..Audio Visual Techs Needed
PSAV Presentation Services is a top international provider of professional event technology services, and stands on a 75-year record of success and growth. We strive to deliver flawless execution with a hospitality approach, for all event technology services. Our mission is to turn ordinary meetings into extraordinary events.
We are currently seeking top hospitality minded candidates for the role of Part Time Audio Visuals Technician to work with our teams in Chattanooga, TN location
Starting wage is $12-$13.50/hr. DOE.
Job starts 5/2/2017
4/12/17……………..Afterschool Staff at TMS for 2017-2018 School Year
Are you looking for work to start in the Fall? We are looking for a responsible and professional staff member to look after children ages 1 year through 6th grade in our afterschool program for the 2017-2018 school year.
Our afterschool staff must be fun loving, energetic, detail oriented, and great with children. On any given day staff may lead a kickball game, change a diaper, do light cleaning, help students with homework, and/or greet parents. This is a great job that allows you to be outside and have a lot of fun playing with children.
4/12/17…………………….Part Time Help Needed
Property Professionals is looking for someone part time to help with vacation rentals
- cleaning in between guests
- possible help managing the app
- checking in with guests.
- help with property improvement
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic and good customer service skills
Pay is $10/hour
We need availability between 12pm and 4pm
Please send resume and link to social media to firstname.lastname@example.org
4/12/17…………………..Circuit Design / Embedded Circuits Intern - Tufting Equipment Co., Dalton, GA
Primary Purpose: Design and implementation of circuits for custom automated applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Circuit Board Layout / Design
- Component testing
- Bill of material and parts procurement
- Prototype soldering / testing
- Chip level programming
- Conversion from assembly language to C/C++
- R&D of new products
- Technical writing of procedures and manuals
Qualifications: Must have circuits design and programming experience for custom circuit applications. Experience in soldering and operating of test equipment. Software programming skills in the following areas: Windows, Microsoft Office, Access Database Design, AutoCad, Visual Basic for Applications, C++, and ladder control logic. Must have strong problem solving skills with good communication techniques
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste and smell.
- This position not only requires operation of computer with light office duties but also requires hands on work in both production area and service. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Email resumes to email@example.com
4/11/17………………..Full & Part Time Jobs at Life Maid Easier
Life Maid Easier is now hiring full & part time help for residential cleaning. No nights or weekend work.
Starting pay is $10/hr. Must have reliable transportation and proof of insurance.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text Bobby Wheeler at 423-503-4265
4/11/17……………Summer Camp Pool Director Needed – Camp Juliette Low
Manage a pool at Camp Juliette Low, a small summer camp for girls, located on Lookout Mountain. Qualified applicants must be age 21 or older, with lifeguard certification. Should have experience cleaning/caring for a pool and planning/teaching water fun classes. Swim lesson experience is a plus. May 29-July 29, 2017.
4/10/17……………..Nursery helper needed at Red Bank Cumberland Presbyterian Church
Hours are Sunday 9:30-12:30 and Wednesday evening 6:30-7:30
Call Kimberly Harvey at 423-280-2006
4/10/17……………….Cornbread Festival - Concession Help
Memphis-based food vendors coming down to work the Cornbread Festival and are looking for a couple of folks to help us work (April 28, 29, 30)
- Friday (Setup: afternoon ) Please let me know if you can help setup - Need strong folks
- Saturday (8am - 7pm)
- Sunday (10am-8pm) Flexible depending on the crowd.
Compensation: $10/hr (cash) plus tips. plus food and drink during the event
- Help set up and take down tents and equipment.
- Help make food and drink (jambalaya, quesadillas, corn dogs, iced tea and lemonade)
- Interact with customers
- 18 or older
- Able to stand and to work all day
- Able to move quickly in a small space
- Able to comfortably communicate with customers
- Able to follow directions
- Able to make basic change
- Able to do lift and move of heavy equipment
Please send your resume or previous job listings, and references from employers to email@example.com. I get lots of emails but will only respond to those who can follow the instructions above.
4/10/17……………….APPLY TODAY: Summer Day Camp Looking for Life Guards and Summer Camp Counselors!
Camp Big Fish Christian Summer Day Camp is looking for life guards (Chatt locations), lead counselors and counselors.
We want people who love to work with kids and have high energy and are looking to be in fun and engaging work environment (weekly field trips and weekly pool visits/fun and exciting theme days) where you can have a positive impact on young people and build relationships with co-workers that share the same interests. Counselors will have a blast working with other similar aged college counselors. Counselors will have their own group of 8-12 elementary age students.
Full time positions and part-time positions available: open this SUMMER 2017 (all 10 weeks), 7:15am-6:00pm Mon-Fri, locations in Hixson, East Brainerd, and Ooltewah (there are also 3 campuses in Knoxville). Need staff who are desiring to work the entire summer as well as part time positions/sub roles.
Visit www.campbigfish.org for more information and Apply today at http://campbigfish.org/staff-application.html or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Come prepared to have a fun-filled, exciting, and very rewarding summer!
4/10/17………… Looking for Asst. Directors for Christian Summer Day Camp 2017
What: Camp Big Fish Summer Day Camp (www.campbigfish.org)
When: May 24th-August 4th 2017 - M-F 40 hours / week
- 3 Chattanooga Locations (East Brainerd, Ooltewah, Hixson)
- 3 Knoxville Locations: West Hills (Middlebrook), Farragut, Downtown (near UTK)
Camp Big Fish Summer Day Camp is looking for Assistant Directors and a few more Camp Counselors
Candidates must have previous experience working with kids, love to be around kids, have high energy and are looking to be in a fun and engaging work environment where you can have a positive impact on young people and build relationships with co-workers that share same interests.
Come prepared to have a summer full of lasting memories and friendships!
4/10/17…………………………Internship for social media management
This is a fun and exciting new career field of social media management that is growing in demand. This internship will allow you to use your own creative ideas as well as work with someone well versed in managing social media sites
- Meet once per week for one hour or less to discuss strategy.
- Complete a daily engagement checklist.
- Do research for the brand.
- Possible client relations in time.
- Pay is $100\month most of this is work from home.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, trustworthy, creative, passionate about social media and engaging with people.
Please send resume and links to all social media accounts to Shaughnessymedia@gmail.com
4/10/17…………………..Experienced Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant/Sales Associate
Sweetly Southern, a well-established gift department store in the heart of Downtown Chattanooga is looking for an experienced bookkeeper/administrative assistant. The ideal candidate will be familiar with all aspects of business bookkeeping.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- process payroll
- bank and credit card reconciliation
- work daily with QuickBooks
- assist with daily tasks as needed
- experience with QuickBooks, Excel
- must be familiar with 941 forms
- outgoing and great customer service skills
- detailed and organized
- at least 1 year administrative assistant or bookkeeper experience
We need a team player who is willing to jump in where needed. Appropriate pay for the qualified person, $14.00-$16.00. We are a friendly, family run business. If you qualify and like a friendly environment, please apply with your resume.
We offer one week paid vacation and employee discounts on merchandise.
- Job Type: Part-time
- Job Location: Chattanooga, TN 37402
- Required education: Associate
- Required experience: Administrative Assistant: 1 year
Email resume to Suzan Boutz at email@example.com
4/6/16……………………….Graphic Design Intern - UnifiEd
UnifiEd is a community-led movement of parents, teachers, and friends of public schools, united around a shared goal: that every student in Chattanooga will have the opportunity to graduate prepared for a brilliant future. To create a better public education system, we need to be a better public. We believe that if citizens are informed about why education matters, what works in the classroom, and how anyone can help, then we can build better schools. We get involved in education by getting the public involved. Uniting parents, community members, teachers, and elected officials in support of students, so every child in our care has access to the best educational opportunities.
We are currently looking for a Graphic Design Intern for a part-time, paid internship beginning this May 2017. Applicants must have strong communication skills and be able to create digital images for social media accounts, website content and other marketing/communications materials. Qualified candidates will have some leadership experience, a positive attitude, a passion for advocacy work and be comfortable working in a flexible environment.
- Graphic design experience
- Proficiency in Photoshop or other design tool
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Should be comfortable creating content for social media, blog posts, and
- monthly newsletters
- Creativity in design, communication, and problem solving
- Positive attitude, leadership skills, and willing to work in a team with a
- solution based attitude
- Dedication to making lasting, positive change in the Hamilton County public
- school system
- Currently enrolled in college, preferably junior or senior year
- Must be able to commit 20-weeks (part-time) for Spring semester 2017
Please email a resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. We encourage those interested to apply as soon as possible.
4/6/16…………………Chanticleer Inn Bed and Breakfast is hiring
Front Desk Hospitality - Full Time and/or Part Time
- Guest/Concierge Services
- Light Cleaning
- Opening and/or Closing, Nights and/or Mornings
- Weekdays, Weekends and Holidays.
Applicant must have strong attention to detail, be organized, Personable, Possess excellent communication skills and be Energetic.
Please, drop off or email resume to Chanticleer Inn Bed & Breakfast 1300 Mockingbird Lane Lookout Mountain, GA 30750
4/6/17……………..Part Time Drafting Help Needed at Sirius Millwork Systems
I am looking for someone that is interested in a part time position in our drafting department.
We are in the commercial casework & millwork business.
Requirements are basic Autocad Skills and the ability to interpret architectural construction documents.
Please send resume’s and contact information to; email@example.com
4/4/17………………….Afternoon Teachers Needed – Primrose Schools of Chattanooga
Launch your teaching career with the leader in early education and care. Primrose Schools of Chattanooga has openings for Afternoon Teachers. Flexible Schedule, Benefits, Great School Leadership Team and caring culture to launch your career!
Equal Opportunity Employer. Primrose Schools of Chattanooga is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.”
Primrose School of Hixson
5170 Preschool Lane (behind Regions bank)
Primrose School of East Brainerd
1619 Gunbarrel Road
Positions available at either location. Please Apply in person.
4/4/17………………..The Governor’s Foundation for Health and Wellness Internship Program Now Accepting Application for Summer 2017
The Governor’s Foundation for Health and Wellness
Nashville City Center
511 Union Street, Suite 720
Nashville, TN 37219
The Governor's Foundation for Health and Wellness is a non-profit corporation dedicated to enabling and encouraging Tennesseans to lead healthier lives. Based in Nashville, the Foundation brings together a statewide coalition of employers, health insurers, hospital systems, local governments, school systems and healthcare-focused foundations and community organizations to effect positive, measurable change. The Foundation’s Healthier Tennessee initiative strives to increase the number of Tennesseans who are physically active for at least 30 minutes five times a week, promote a healthy diet, and reduce the number of people who use tobacco.
Our program will include exposure to different areas of interest within the Foundation including communications, performance measures, data analysis, and administration with the primary emphasis being on communications and social media management. The position requires some research work, specifically for social media content. You will gain great exposure to a nonprofit organization with a healthy atmosphere, and the position will be a true resource to the work we are doing.
The applicant should be available at least 12 hours/week (Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) The internship will begin Monday, June 5th and conclude Friday, August 18th.
Requirements: Must maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average as well as have a personal interest in health and wellness.
Desired Majors: Advertising, Business, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Health
Compensation: This position is a paid internship. A downtown parking pass is also provided.
To Apply: Email completed application (found HERE) along with a cover letter, current resume and one letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 12, 2017. Visit www.healthiertn.com for more information on the Governor’s Foundation for Health and Wellness.
4/3/17………………..Full & Part Time Jobs at Plato’s Closet
Plato's Closet is seeking enthusiastic individuals who love fashion! We have a passion for helping others stay on-trend and on-budget! We offer full and part time positions, a flexible schedule to complement your busy college life, and a great employee discount.
Apply today if you think you'd make a great fit at Plato's Closet! We aren't your typical retail-store. We're locally owned with a fast-paced environment and our staff is unique and fun!
Email your resume to email@example.com if you're interested in applying.
4/3/17……………………..Full & Part Time Jobs at Style Encore
Style Encore is an upscale resale shop looking to hire enthusiastic full time and part time employees! We offer an exciting and dynamic work environment, awesome employee discount, and flexible schedules. If you love fashion and enjoy a fun retail setting, apply today!
So...what can you expect at Style Encore?
We buy and sell gently used women's clothing and accessories every day! Our inventory is constantly changing, which means we have to stay up to date on the latest trends and styles! We offer our customers a personal shopping experience and our goal is for every customer to leave happy and anxious to come back. Our staff is like a family where we encourage one another and we have fun while getting the job done!
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4/3/17……………Now hiring for Full and Part-Time Positions in the office or Work-From-Home opportunities upon completion of training - UNUM
Who we are
We are a forward-thinking Fortune 500 company and the marketplace leader in disability-based products and return to work services. We are a company of people serving people. At Unum, our employees truly make a difference, in the lives of our customers, our local communities and in the success of our company.
Who you are
You are a motivated individual who thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys being on the phone. You have customer service experience, polished communication skills, and a strong desire to help our customers during one of the most difficult times of their life. You are disciplined, computer savvy and eager to grow in an organization that rewards hard work. In this role you will gain valuable business knowledge that will position you for outstanding career opportunities!
Click on the link below to see a short video! Watch Video!
Full-Time Position: Availability between 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM Monday through Friday (40 hour work week)
Part-Time Position: Ability to work approximately 23 hours per week with varying shifts between 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM Monday through Friday (choose 4 or 5 days/week)
- Must be available 40/hrs week during training (approx 2-8 weeks)
- Training is held from 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
- Must be available to work a 3-6 hour shift on Mondays
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to external customers inquiries with timely and accurate information.
- Follow all documented processes/workflow to enhance customer service and reduce customer effort/operating efficiency.
- Meet or exceed individual performance goals which contribute to the overall goals of the department.
- Utilize resources and tools to accurately respond to customer inquiries.
- Accurately navigate through specific system platforms.
- Meet the expectations of the quality/productivity standards.
- Share recommended process improvements to enhance customer service and/or efficiency.
- Continuously acquire knowledge and understanding of the business functions that the role supports.
- Ensure privacy of our customers remains the utmost importance.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant business experience required.
- Strong customer service orientation with demonstrated commitment to meet/exceed customer needs.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, structured environment, handling large call volumes.
- Ability to make sound business decisions, which balance customer satisfaction and financial integrity.
- Computer proficiency essential.
- Self-directed with the ability to perform both as part of team and individually.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a continuously changing environment.
- Solution oriented individual demonstrating critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to seek out developmental opportunities and continuously improve skills/performance.
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of professionalism through a strong worth ethic that positively influences the work habits of the team.
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality and consistently meeting goals.
- Meets the standards for this position, as defined in the Talent Management framework.
Unum offers world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum provides equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees regardless of a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Email resumes to email@example.com
4/3/17…………………. Medical Records Order Specialist - Unum
This position is responsible for obtaining medical records as requested by internal business areas. The incumbent will demonstrate a proven ability to produce high quality results in a fast paced environment, while providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Place outbound phone calls to medical facilities to verify contact information for medical records requests
- Order medical records via fax or mail, as requested by internal business partners
- Follow up and obtain status on medical records requests
- Accurately document all actions taken in multiple systems
- Partner with internal business partners to create solutions for record requests
- Respond to business email and voicemail within standard guidelines
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Ensure compliance with all documented protocol
- Ensure customer privacy at all times
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Associate degree or equivalent business experience preferred
- Knowledge of Unum products, processes and workflow preferred
- Ability to work individually while working towards a team goal
- Strong commitment to team and departmental goals
- Demonstrate/promote an innovation mindset
- Demonstrate leadership and professionalism
- Results oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to handle a large volume of work with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Meets the standards for this position, as defined in the Talent Management framework.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
4/3/17……………………Bilingual (Spanish/English) Entry Level Front Office Service Rep (Chattanooga)
Are we looking for you? Chattanooga Dental Care is currently seeking an energized and motivated person to join our team. Are you a great people person, who is looking for a more fulfilling career opportunity? Would you like to be trained on the job? Potential candidates will provide exceptional customer service. Responsible for taking inbound calls, processing payments, and updating account information.
- Bilingual (Spanish & English) MUST
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have pleasant and clear phone voice.
- Outstanding customer service and professional appearance
- Office is open Monday- Thursday 8:00-5:00 (with some possible Friday appointments)
For consideration please apply at 3475 Brainerd Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37411
4/3/17………………Seeking Social Individuals for Field Manager Position
We are seeking bubbly, outgoing individuals to manage onsite adult sports operations such as Kickball, Soccer, Flag Football, Softball & Volleyball.
Job requirements/duties include:
- Have a social, outgoing personality (an absolute must have to be considered for the position)
- Socialize with the league teams
- Checking players in and collecting fees
- Assisting referees and monitoring game play
- Helping out with social events
- Taking pictures and videos and posting to social media
This is a part time position and hours may vary from week to week.
Must be 21+ to apply.
Starting pay is $12 per hour.
Click here to apply http://www.playcsl.com/referees
3/31/17………………………Tutor – Urban League
The mission of the Urban League is to empower African Americans and other disadvantaged persons to secure economic self-reliance, parity, power, and civil rights. We are currently seeking Education Youth Program Tutors for our STEM summer camp. The STEM summer camp will be Monday thru Friday from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, June 7th - June 30th depending on their selected site. This will be a paid part-time job opportunity. Individuals who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of elementary and middle school students are highly encouraged to apply. He or she will assist with academic and enrichment programs that serve at risk- students for our public elementary and middle schools during our STEM summer camp.
- Plans an engaging program of study that meets the needs of the students
- Assist students in targeted subject areas in one- on –one or in group tutoring
- Support individual student academic needs as assigned
- Help contribute to a friendly and productive learning environment
- Builds relationship with parents, site coordinator, administrators and staff to drive collaboration and program success
- Monitors students’ success and needs as appropriate
- Maintain accurate attendance
- Responsible for administering snacks
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be enrolled in a teacher preparation program (Preferably in junior or senior year)
- Experience (volunteer/paid) working with children and youth
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the Tennessee Common core subject matter
- Experience teaching academic content and be able to effectively communicate concepts to others
- Demonstrate experience at developing positive rapport with younger students and youth
- Communicate study strategies to ensure academic success effectively
- Work comfortably with people from diverse ethnic backgrounds
- Demonstrate patience and positive attitudes in the learning environment
- Must pass Federal and State background check.
Schedule: Flexible schedule: Monday – Friday; hours may vary 6 to 20 hours per week, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 pm
Summer Program Dates: June 7th - June 30th
Pay Range: $10 per hour – depending on experience
Resumes can be e-mailed to: email@example.com . If you have any additional questions regarding the position, contact Dr. Carline Nord at 423-756-1762 ext 14 for more information.
3/30/17…………………..FRUIT EXPERT NEEDED
A fruit expert is responsible for creating mouthwatering arrangements, dipped fruit boxes and cut fruit for ETG products, following the operational procedures set by Edible Arrangements. Maintains professional image at all times; while providing excellent Guest Service. Able to communicate product description and price points effectively. This is a part time position.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Arrange bouquets according to guidelines
- Prepare a variety of arrangements according to Guest's order or supervisor's instructions following approved procedures and proper portion sizes.
- Plans arrangements according to Guest requirements, utilizing knowledge of EA designs.
- Select fruit for arrangements
- Wash, peel and or cut various fruit to prepare for arranging
- Package arrangements or dipped fruit
- Receive and store fruit supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards and other storage areas
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes and silverware
- Inform supervisors when supplies are getting low and equipment is not working properly
- Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers
- Assist with taking in deliveries
- Follows proper food sanitation and handling procedures
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years’ prior experience in food preparation
- Excellent Guest Service and communication skills
- Knowledge of Food Sanitation Procedures
- Knowledge of Food design techniques
- Ability to read orders and follow verbal and written instructions
- Detail oriented
- Ability to lift, carry and or push objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Positive attitude
- Enjoys working with a team
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- Drive and determination
- Desire for personal and professional growth
- Valid state driver's license and clean driving record preferred
- Computer skills including Microsoft software and register skills
- Ability to stand, bend, reach and scoop through -out assigned shift
Please apply in person after 2:00 pm to 4513 Brainerd Road Chattanooga, TN 37411. Absolutely no phone calls please.
3/29/17……………..Part Time Job at Healthy Glow Studio
Healthy Glow Studio is seeking a part time Retail Sales/Front Desk/Tanning Technician
- 15-20 hours required.
- Must be 21 years old and commit to work for minimum of one year.
- We are looking for enthusiastic individual who loves fashion/beauty and helping other. Greeting each client with a smile!
- Computer skills are appreciated especially with Social Media.
We are open 10-7pm M-F, Sat. 10-4pm
Send Resume to: Sophia@healthyglowstudio.com or stop by our location at
Healthy Glow Studio
2 North Shore
307 Manufacturers Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
3/29/17………………..Camera Operator – Dillards Hamilton Place
Our camera operators work with off duty law enforcement as well as store management to survey the store to prevent theft and monitor associates.
The position is 20-28 hours a week at $12/hr. Candidates must be able to work some weekdays as well as nights and weekends.
Candidates must also be proficient enough with computers to download and burn footage to DVD. Would be perfect for a criminal justice student.
3/29/17……………………..Administrative Assistant - Village Virtual LLC
The administrative assistant will work directly under the CEO with various tasks including planning for conferences and meetings, monitoring students, assisting with enrollment, and completing all other tasks as assigned. The ideal candidate will have experience utilizing various forms of technology and has strong attention to detail. Some college education or a college degree is required.
- Monitor Student Progress
- Assist with Course Enrollments
- Contact potential clients after conferences
- Research and gather information as requested
- Schedule conferences and meetings
- Any other tasks as assigned by CEO
- Some college education or a college degree required
- Organization skills a must
- Comfortability with Technology
- Knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office
- Excellent and professional verbal and written communication
- Ability to work autonomously (post-training), and be a self-starter
- Ability to follow instructions and work diligently
3/28/17………………………….IT Support/Help Desk Technician
Siskin Steel & Supply Co. is currently seeking a Level I, IT Support/Help Desk Technician. Currently part time, average 30 hours/week. Potential full time in the future. We can be flexible with your class schedule. You will primarily be responsible for user support and troubleshooting in a learning-rich environment with definite advancement opportunities.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of PC and server hardware and operating systems.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of a variety of network equipment.
- Occasional installation and/or troubleshooting of network cabling and terminations, including fiber optic cable.
- Become part of a Help Desk team to provide technical support for users and vendors.
- Monitor system operations to detect potential problems and implement corrective solutions.
- Coordinate and communicate with other technical team members to share status of systems and other information to insure the smooth, orderly flow of Help Desk services.
- Must be knowledgeable about Microsoft Office products and must possess the ability to assist users with every day use of the products, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be knowledgeable/familiar with Windows 10 operating system.
- Experience/knowledge with Windows Server operating system a plus.
- Experience/knowledge with Linux operating systems a plus.
- Fundamental knowledge of networking, hardware, and software.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work well with users and maintain a high level of professionalism in an office environment.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
- Experience with website development a plus.
Siskin Steel & Supply
Attn: Human Resources
Siskin Steel & Supply
PO Box 1191
Chattanooga, TN 37402
3/28/17…………….Part Time Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant at America’s Swimming Pool Company
We are looking for an organized individual with flexible work hours. Responsibilities include but are not limited to picking up mail at the Post Office, entering bills, receiving payments, occasional direct communication with customers, sending invoices and making deposits. Experience with QuickBooks Online is preferred but not necessary.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: 20-30, somewhat flexible on days and times.
To Apply: please email your resume and why we should consider you for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Part Time Bookkeeper
3/28/17………………………….Customer Service Representative – TRM Insurance
If you enjoy interacting with people, providing outstanding customer service and are looking for a rewarding career, TRM insurance may be the right place for you! Our Customer Service Representatives are licensed insurance professionals who delight customers every day by providing exceptional, personalized customer service.
As an intern, full-time employee or part-time employee with our team, you will play an active role as we assist customers in policy selection, the application process, issuing the policy, managing claims and renewing policies. By the conclusion of your internship, you will have a strong understanding of the property & casualty insurance business and will have worked with many outstanding professionals in the field. We are looking to teach prospective employees the trade of insurance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Entering data into systems for certificates of insurance.
- Assisting with policy comparisons.
- Collecting consumer data for policy quotes.
- Answering incoming calls from current and potential clients.
- Taking photos of local properties for loss control.
- Performing other project work as assigned.
- Pursuing a degree in business, accounting or a related area of study at an accredited college or university.
- An interest in a career in insurance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Experience delivering exceptional customer service
At TRM, the opportunity for advancement is outstanding! We invest in our associates through training and development to help them reach their career goals and personal aspirations. Our associates average two promotions within the first three years. At TRM,
- We provide on-going training to help you learn your job
- We encourage professional development through carrier University’s
- We provide constant coaching and feedback to help you develop your skill
- We offer opportunities to advance your career and become a lead, coach, trainer, or supervisor
3/28/17………………………….Part Time Landscape Helper Needed
We are a local landscape design and installation company called Dream Gardens (www.Dreamgardensusa.com). We are looking for a person with their own transportation to help us on a part-time basis during our busy season as a landscape helper.
Tasks include: planting, mulching, weeding, garden maintenance and sometimes includes some heavy lifting. We do not need design help.
Hours: Can try to work around your schedule or on certain days.
Please email your info to scott@dreamgardensusa or please leave a message at 423-822-6052
3/28/17………………………YMCA Jobs Available
The Y is currently hiring at our locations throughout the city for various positions, including summer camp counselors and coordinators!
3/28/17……………….RUBY FALLS IS NOW HIRING!
Looking for a FUN place to work that has FLEXIBLE scheduling? Apply for a position at RUBY FALLS today!
Available Positions: Cashiers, Tour Guides, Parking Lot Attendants.
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.RUBYFALLS.COM OR IN PERSON
3/28/17…………………………Part Time Crew Members Needed at Cold Stone Creamery
Cold Stone Creamery is now hiring part-time crew members. We serve up the finest, freshest ice cream, cakes, smoothies and shakes using only the highest quality ingredients, and of course, our signature process of preparing custom ice cream creations on a frozen granite stone.
Our crew members must be bright, outgoing, personable, and show a willingness to go the extra mile to provide the Ultimate Ice Cream Experience for each and every customer. You need to be motivated, creative and hardworking individual who enjoys interacting with people and working with food. We've got a smooth-running team behind the counter, so you'll have to work well with others, always communicating in a positive manner with managers and co-workers. In the end, you'll walk away with lifelong skills that'll be with you for the rest of your career.
We are looking for employees who are:
- Able to work during holiday times
- Customer service oriented (i.e. outgoing, friendly)
- Creative and artistic
- A sense of urgency in all tasks
- Ability to learn quickly
- Effective oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to follow a recipe
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Mix custom ice cream creations, shakes, smoothies & Frappes
- Assemble and decorate cakes
- Make ice creams
- Make Waffles
- Clean the front and/or back of the store
- Work the cash register
- Greet customers
- Sing when receiving tips
Please email your resume, include the hours you are available on weekdays and weekends, and put the email subject line as "Cold Stone Application" to Coldstonechattanooga@gmail.com. or you can complete an application at: www.coldstonecreamery.com/jobs/
3/24/17………………..Tour Guides – Eat Sip Walk
Do you love FOOD and Chattanooga?
We’re looking for fun and passionate people to join our team!
Eat Sip Walk, LLC. is looking for tour guides who are knowledgeable, confident, and full of charm. Your main responsibility will be to lead tours as a tour guide around various eateries in Chattanooga, share a little history, and provide excellent customer experience for our guests.
- Flexible Hours- Part Time- As-needed
- MUST have excellent communication and presentation skills. Also must love people, food, and Chattanooga.
Check out eatsipwalk.com to see what we are all about, and call Ryn for more info! (423) 708-5328.
If you think you would be a good fit for our team, please email us your short resume, a little bit about yourself, and explain what you will bring to the table and why you want to join our team.
3/23/17………………SALES ASSOCIATE-PART TIME
The UPS Store on Highway 153, across from Northgate Mall, has need of a sales associate to work 15-20 hours per week and leading to more if desired.
An outgoing, sales-oriented personality is helpful as well as proficient computer skills. Some Saturdays required. Good pay and frequent raises plus bonuses.
Come get an application or send us a resume to email@example.com. We highly value UTC full or part time students. No phone calls.
3/23/17…………Summer Job openings at the Lookout Mountain Fairyland Club
The Fairyland Club is a private country club located minutes from downtown Chattanooga with breathtaking views of the Appalachian foothills. We are currently filling positions for the 2017 Summer season.
Lifeguard: The lifeguard position ensures safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with LMFC policies and procedures. Minimum age of 16. Current Lifeguarding or obtain lifeguarding certification before start of season. Ability to maintain certification-‐level of physical and mental readiness. Must demonstrate lifeguard skills. This is a full or part-‐time seasonal position, and expected work hours are 20-‐40 hours per week, Monday through Sunday, May through September. Must possess a valid Lifeguarding Certificate and First Aid certificate. Must be certified in CPR, for the Professional Rescuer or become certified prior to employment.
Snack Bar: The Snack Bar Attendant is responsible for performing a variety of duties within a fast food / snack bar establishment which may include completing customer transactions, cleaning the food or stock areas, and maintaining inventory; performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. Minimum age of 18 years old. Requires the ability to lift/push objects weighing over 40 lbs. This is a full or part-‐ time seasonal position, and expected hours are 20-‐40 hours per week, Monday through Sunday, May through September.
If you would like to apply for a position at the Fairyland Club please fill out an application and return it to the front desk Tuesday-‐Saturday 9am-‐5pm. For your convenience, applications can be found at: http://www.fairylandclub.org/images/sitepicts/PDF/2015_Employment_Application.pdf
Chattanooga’s premier catering and event management company needs casual servers and bartenders.
All candidates must be neat in appearance, and be willing to put forth great energy and enthusiasm for great pay! If you work for us and we think you are great, we will pay you more and give you more work!
Most work is on weekends. We expect from most of you a relationship lasting about a year, occasionally more. Expect a great experience including some things you have not seen before, some new skills, and some pocket money.
We expect some hard work, a great smile, and a degree of loyalty. We will try and make it worth your while.
Please reply if you think you are better than the rest--by email with your resume and a little bit about yourself (including a good cell phone we can text you to contact) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. We do cordially invite you to check out our amazing website at www.ewtcaters.com
3/22/17....................Part Time Reading Tutor
Seeking a Junior or Senior UTC Elementary Education major to tutor a 12 year old 6th grade student in Reading.
3-4 hours per week, on weekends.
$25/hr plus travel expenses.
A personal interview and references will be required.
If interested, please call Ms. Wilson at 423-505-7896 and leave a message with your name and contact information.
3/21/17………………Full & Part Time Positions at Blood Assurance
Blood Assurance is currently hiring Telerecruiters and Bilingual (English/ Spanish) Telerecruiters to call on our blood donors to set donation appointments. We have full and part-time opportunities available for students and part-time workers. No prior related experience is necessary. The Bilingual Telerecruiter must have the ability to read and speak FLUENTLY in Spanish.
If you want to support a mission that makes a difference in your community, then please submit an online employment application at www.bloodassurance.org/employment. Blood Assurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Tobacco-Free workplace.
3/21/17………………………………Lifeguard – North River YMCA
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area.
- Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures, including administering first aid and rescue. Completes related reports as required.
- Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
- Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
- Performs chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as required, and takes appropriate action.
- Performs maintenance and cleaning of pool area, including hosing the decks and hallways, emptying trash, sweeping the deck, and scrubbing gutters.
- May assist with swim lessons.
- Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Apply in person at 4138 Hixson Pike Chattanooga, TN 37415
3/20/17……………………………….Summer Jobs at Girl Scouts Camp Holloway in Middle Tennessee
Girl Scouts Camp Holloway in Middle Tennessee has lots of positions available for the 2017 Summer Season.
Positions include: counselors (unit counselor and program counselor) health officers, program managers, lead unit counselors and kitchen staff.
See attachment HERE for dates, job descriptions, qualifications, pay, etc.
Salaries range from $230 to $400/week dependent on position and experience.
To apply, students can go to: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfssX1jnBTAEUKpwaFW5E9axSivast_oYqGpy0XLPFm08cxLg/viewform
3/20/17……………….See Rock City Full & Part Time Jobs
See Rock City has the following full/part time jobs available:
- Fairy Tale Nights Wardrobe Lead Partner
- Café 7 Host/Hostess
- Café 7 Server/Bartender
- Café 7 Cook
- Café 7 Dishwasher/Prep Cook
- Café 7 Food Runner
- Gardens Gateway Lead Partner
- Incline Food Team Leader
- Incline Admissions Partner
- Incline Food Team Leader
- Incline Partner
- Retail Partner
- Landscape Partner
- Admissions/Annual Pass Partner
- Seasonal Stands Lead Partner
For a complete job description http://www.seerockcity.com/about/employment-at-rock-city/current-openings/
To complete an application visit http://www.seerockcity.com/about/employment-at-rock-city/employment-application/
3/17/17.......................Part Time Personal Trainer - Personal Training @FitOne
Our facility is looking to add a career-minded personal trainer with a passion for fitness and helping others achieve their fitness goals. We are not your ordinary "make sure they buy more sessions" training facility. Our mission is to impact our community through health and fitness, and that mindset starts with our trainers.
- Plan, guide, and assist clients in their workouts and eating habits to enable them to reach their health and fitness goals.
- CPR/AED certified
- Nationally accredited personal training certification
- Exercise Science degree (complete or in progress)
- 2 years experience (preferred)
To learn more about our facility, please visit ooltewahfitness.com.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
3/16/17…………………Part Time Assistant Needed
We are looking for 1 student to work part time. They make their own schedule so it is a flexible position.
- The student needs to be a psychology or social work major. No other majors are accepted.
- The student should have a 3.o GPA or higher.
- The student needs to be a junior or higher. Can also be a grad student.
- The student would interview adoptive families who live in Chattanooga and therefore need their own transportation/car.
- The student needs to speak and write well.
We provide the interview questions and the template for the 2-page report that they will turn in, after interview, via email. They will have 3 days turnaround time after the interview to provide the report/notes.
All adoptive families have been screened thru FBI, State, Child abuse checks....and so forth before a student will meet with them. The adoptive families are already working with our agency and the interview is another part of the process.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a student whose field of study is psych or social work.
The pay is $75 per visit/report plus mileage.
Any interested student should email his or her resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls.
3/16/17………………..Administrative Assistant for Synagogue Office
B’nai Zion Congregation is seeking a part-time administrative assistant to provide administrative support to our Rabbi, Education Director and Board Committees.
Professional Requirements and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, writing, proof-reading)
- Exemplary organizational and calendaring skills
- Ability to handle stressful and emergency situations and to prioritize assignments for self and others
- Maintain utmost confidentiality in matters personal and professional
- Capable of working on multiple tasks at a fast pace with minimum of supervision
- Develop effective and respectful working relationships with clergy and all other staff members
- Analyze and resolve problems/situations demonstrating good judgment and common sense
- Diligence on following up and following through on projects and requests
- Computer knowledge – Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, data base management (including ability to quickly learn proprietary software), Calendaring Programs, Internet search skills
- Answer telephone, handle email and written correspondence
- Visitor interaction
- Database management and reporting
- Prepare synagogue mailings and maintain general calendars, including the Rabbi’s calendar (schedule all of her appointments, including meetings with board, volunteers and staff)
- Manage and update synagogue database, directory, community bulletin board, and email lists
- Organize logistics and materials for meetings, events, services, and programs
- General clerical assistance as needed
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent work experience preferred
Part-time Position: 28 hours/week - Tuesday through Friday
Pay is $10.50-12/hour starting salary
To apply: Please send a resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
3/15/17……………….Computer Geeks Needed
Looking for someone to work 10 – 15 hours per week. You can choose to work any day(s) during the week but must be able to work until 6pm. We will work with your schedule. Light office work will be required.
Must have a reliable car, be proficient in typing and have a knowledge of computers. Must be self-motivated, pleasant, friendly and patient.
Please call Roger at 423-503-3584, if interested.
3/14/17……………………..Caregivers Needed at The Shiny Penny Child Care Center
- Mature and dependable
- 18 yrs. of age+
- High School Graduate
- Experienced with infants/toddlers
- Criminal Background Clearance (administered by State of TN @ no charge to applicant)
- Positive attitude and upbeat personality
- Non-smokers only
- Monday thru Friday 10:30am - 6:15pm in Nursery
- Monday thru Friday 2:00pm - 6:15pm in Toddler class
Please respond detailing your experience with infants/toddlers by EMAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls PLEASE.
3/14/17………………….Part-Time Sales Associate – The Baggery
The Baggery is a specialty handbag and accessories store located in 2 North Shore (near Whole Foods Grocery). It specializes in handmade, artisan handbags and unique accessories. It offers one-on-one customer service to help find the perfect bag.
Experience: Sales Experience Preferred, Not Required
Required: Loves People, Loves Bags, Enthusiastic, Out-going, Willing to work weekends, Quick learner
What sets us apart: We are locally-owned and operated, and flexible. Will work around your school schedule
Inquire in person: Ask for Amy at 2 North Shore location: 313 Manufacturers Rd. #118 Chattanooga, TN 37405 or email us at email@example.com
3/14/17……………………..Part-Time Sales Associate - Chattanooga Shoe Company
Experience: Sales Experience Preferred, Not Required
Required: Loves People, Loves, Shoes, Enthusiastic, Out-going, Willing to work weekends, Willing to work in a team environment, Quick learner
What sets us apart: We are locally-owned and operated, and flexible. Will work around your school schedule
Inquire in person: Ask for Charlie or Courtnay at 2 North Shore location: 313 Manufacturers Rd. #115 Chattanooga, TN 37405 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3/14/17………………….Part-time Retail Sales Associate at Lines Orchids
Located downtown in Warehouse Row
Training would begin April 24th
Job responsibilities include:
- updating social media accounts
- light cleaning
- helping with displays
Send resumes to email@example.com
3/14/17………………Opa Greek Restaurant Now Hiring
Opa is located on the North Shore and they are looking to hire:
- Kitchen Helpers
If interested call 423-227-9774