Part Time Off Campus Jobs & Internships
11/24/14…………Part Time Clerical Assistant
Established business three miles from campus has an immediate part time clerical opening in accounts payable/finance. Duties include, but are not limited to data entry, light filing, sorting mail, vendor communication, and other administrative functions. 20-25 hours per week, somewhat flexible schedule between the hours of 8-5 Monday-Friday.
Requirements include a strong sense of integrity, accurate keyboard skills, professional demeanor, flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing priorities. $8/hour.
Please send resume with schedule availability to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Looking for someone to work 10 to 15 hours per week. Must be willing to visit different businesses around Chattanooga. MUST be self motivated, pleasant, friendly and patient.
You can choose to work any day during the week and MUST have a reliable car. Will work with your schedule.
To apply, please call Roger at 423-503-3584.
11/20/14…………Retail Merchandiser/Counselor – Scotts Miracle Gro
Position calls on Lowes and Home Depots in the local area.
This position maximizes sales in Home Depot and Lowes. Responsibilities include building displays, setting and stocking product on the shelf cross-merchandising and developing creative merchandising efforts.
Merchandisers and counselors are responsible for educating our consumers on the selection and use of our products for their lawn and garden needs. This may include lawn and garden education clinics, promotional events and in-aisle consumer education as needed. Most counseling activities are conducted during specific in-season weekends.
- Pay rate $11 hr
- 15-20 hours a week
- Job begins on January. Ends June or July. (no guarantee on the exact start or end date)
- Drug and background test required.
Interested candidates can contact Chris Bertani at 423 580 7544 or Chris.email@example.com
11/19/14...........Housecleaner - East Brainerd Area
Looking for a housecleaner every other week in the East Brainerd area near Westview Elementary School. Will pay by the hour. Good pay. Will work with your schedule.
Please call Roger at (423) 503-3584 if interested.
11/19/14…………Part-Time Warehouse Material Handler - Frito Lay Inc. Chattanooga, Tennessee
The Part-Time Warehouse/Material Handler position work hour’s average between 20 - 25 hours per week (typically 2 – 3 days/week). Weekend (Sunday) and Holiday work is required for Part Time warehouse material handlers. This is evening to late night hours (1pm – 2pm start time, typically 8-9 hour shift). Work is performed in a loud warehouse environment with minimal heating or air conditioning.
Responsibilities include: picking appropriate cases according to order and placing the orders on carts, picking up empty pallet boards and carrying them to a storage area, loading and unloading pallets and individual cases to and from trailers, and loading 24 ft. box trucks, 18 ft. route vans and 53 ft. trailers via carts or stacking cases on the floor. Warehouse personnel may also be responsible for receiving and distributing product and assisting in weekly inventory of product. General housekeeping and specific sanitation task are also required.
Great company to grow with, significant business/supply chain experience gained with job, pay $14.90/hour, apply now!
All interested candidates need to apply on line at: www.fritolayemployment.com
Type in area code (37416), search (Part-Time Warehouse/Material Handler), fill out application
The job will open in the system around 6pm on 11/19 and only stay open until a certain number of applications are received – so apply quickly!!
11/18/14………..Help Desk Technician - Girls Preparatory School, Chattanooga, Tennessee
Girls Preparatory School (GPS) seeks a motivated Help Desk Technician to partner with the Educational Technology and Information Systems department. This person will be responsible for the support of the school’s IT equipment, including the implementation and management of an enterprise desktop, laptop and iPad environment. The successful candidate will have the ability to closely work with others in the department, ensuring that procedures adhere to established school policies and enterprise best-‐ practices (ITIL). The help desk technician must be an experienced, self-‐motivated individual who is committed to quality. Strong customer service skills while working in a hectic environment with a heightened (but calm) sense of urgency and resolve is a must. The candidate is also expected to be sensitive to the various needs and abilities of users.
This part-time, hourly position (19 hours per week) reports to the Director of Educational Technology and Information Systems and is an integral member of a 3 person IT department. The pay is $15 per hour
Benefits: Flexible work schedule, either mornings or afternoons. Ideal for college students.
- Help Desk system experience
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain software and hardware, Mac (iOS and OSX) and PC
- Ability to effectively and properly document problems and their resolutions
- Impeccable communications skills
- Maintain and troubleshoot printers and copiers
- Manage and support equipment loans
- Setup and troubleshoot Exchange email on any device (laptop, tablet or phone)
- Basic classroom hardware installation and maintenance, including AV equipment
- Be open to learning new technologies
- Perform other duties as requested
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Works in a highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work primarily in a traditional climate controlled office environment.
- Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
Girls Preparatory School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in any of its policies, practices, or procedures.
Interested students should IMMEDIATELY send resumes with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking at hiring immediately (December 1st).
11/18/14………..Part-Time Nanny – North Chatt
Looking for caring, responsible, experienced part-time nanny for two school-aged children (7,4). 3p-6p Mon-Fri. Potential for full-time over summer break.
Responsibilities include pick-up from school, light housework, homework, meal prep.
Background check and clean driving record.
Email resumes and references to LBF37405@gmail.com
11/18/14………….Full and Part Time Positions at the Chattanooga Read House
The Chattanooga Read House has the following full and part time positions available. Click on each job to read the description.
Interested candidates should go to the Read House located at 827 Broad Street to fill out an application.
11/18/14………..After School Help
Need someone who can pick my 9 and 7 year old children up from the school bus stop near our house, take them home, but the main thing is to do the homework with them. Prefer someone studying in education.
Starting 2nd week of January. Times are Mondays 3:15- 6:15. $40
Interested students should call or email Helen at 991-6614 or Helenk50@hotmail.com
11/18/14………………Spring 2015 Marketing Internship – Parkridge Medical Center
Parkridge Health System, a five-campus hospital system in Chattanooga, Tenn., is seeking an intern to assist the Marketing department in various activities for the Spring 2015 semester. This internship will give the intern valuable real-world experience and provide the Marketing team with additional administrative support.
12-16 hours per week. Schedule negotiable.
$500 stipend, to be paid upon completion of internship (Completion of minimum of 200 hours required)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in public relations and marketing efforts for various events and initiatives, possibly including graphic design and/or writing/editing press releases, news stories and promotional pieces
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Assist with the distribution of internal communication pieces
- Perform miscellaneous office duties
- Serve as support for the marketing team
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects on deadline
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated experience in writing, editing and project management
- Graphic design experience is highly desirable but not required.
- Candidate must be a current student pursuing a degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or a related field of study.
Interested applicants must email their resume and two (2) writing samples to Alison.Counts@HCAHealthcare.com for consideration. Candidates seeking an internship for school credit are preferred.
11/18/14………..Dinner Delivered is NOW HIRING Mobile Waiters and Restaurant Delivery Drivers!
Looking for Bright and Energetic Individuals with:
- A Neat and Clean Appearance
- A Friendly Attitude
- A Good Driving Record
- A Safe and Dependable Vehicle
- A Cell Phone with Unlimited Texting
- A GPS Device or Cell Phone GPS App
Mobile Waiters and Restaurant Delivery Drivers deliver restaurant takeout and to-go orders from over 100 of Chattanooga’s Restaurants to customers’ residences and businesses for Lunch and Dinner, 10:00am – 10:00pm daily.
Dinner Delivered is Chattanooga’s restaurant delivery service, partnered with restaurants such as: Chili’s, Mellow Mushroom, Sticky Fingers, Amigos, Taziki’s, Tony’s Pasta Shop, Noodles & Co, and Champy’s Famous Fried Chicken!
Hiring for Part-Time and Full-Time Positions:
- You can work anywhere from 15 to 70 hours a week!
- You choose which shifts you would like to work per week: Lunch, Dinner, or Both!
- You make your own schedule!
You must work at least one Friday, Saturday, or Sunday Dinner Shift per week.
Pay = $10.00 - $15.00 an hour.
You will never make less than $10.00 an hour, and you can make up to $20.00 an hour or more!
You can choose to work a variety of driving shifts each week, such as:
- 10:00am – 3:00pm for a Lunch Shift
- 11:00am – 9:00pm for a Double Shift
- 5:00pm – 10:00pm for a Dinner Shift
A variety of these shifts are possible with some Seniority and Experience. But Dinner Delivered is primarily hiring for Weekend Dinner Shifts. We are hiring for Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night drivers to work from 5:00pm – 10:00pm. By driving these shifts, you can stand to make $50.00 - $100.00 a night!
HOW TO APPLY:
Email a professional resume with your applicable skills listed, along with your education and work history, and a list of 3 references to: Employment@DinnerDelivered.com
If your resume is interesting or applicable, the Dinner Delivered management supervisor will contact you for an interview to asses a presentation of your qualifications, abilities, and attitude.
11/17/14………..Childcare Workers - Brainerd Baptist Church
We need childcare workers for the following times/days:
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday - BX at 8:15-11:30
- Tuesday/Thursday - Parent's Day Out at 8:45-2:00
- Wednesday - Awanas at 5:45-7:45
- Parent's Night Out - 5:45-10:15
- Saturday Night - 4:45-7:45 (2 different shifts)
- Sunday Morning Service - 8:15 - 12:45 (3 different shifts)
- Other events that come about.
If you are interested in applying, please email email@example.com.
11/14/14……..CME Coordinator – UT College of Medicine
The Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) at the UT College of Medicine needs a part-time worker to begin in the coming weeks. The pay is $10.00/hour, and we are seeking someone who is available to work 20-30 hours each week between the hours of 8:00am-4:30pm (Monday-Friday).
Required competencies include excellent organizational skills, strong computer skills, and good communication skills.
Responsibilities include creating & issuing thousands of printed certificates to physicians and other medical professionals, email/phone correspondences with medical professionals, updating our website, sending out the E-newsletter, and other office administration tasks. Click here for more info about the position.
Send your resume and letter of interest to Bill Reynolds: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the days & times (8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday) that you will be available to work in your email.
11/14/14…………… Part Time Mover / Driver (non-CDL) – Two Men and a Truck
5959 Shallowford Road, Chattanooga, TN | 423.893.3450
Launch your career with TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® as a mover/driver and discover the opportunities for growth into a mover/driver position, office position or movement to other franchises. At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® your opportunities for growth are endless. More than one quarter of our franchise owners originally started as employees in our system!
As a mover/driver, you will have a partner and together provide a world class customer service experience in the handling of each customer's possessions. This position provides a unique opportunity for those looking to combine general labor with their customer service talents.
- Provide exceptional customer service as you safely move, pack and unpack customer belongings
- Greet customer upon arriving at the specified location and complete a walk-through of the premises
- Communicate professionally in English, both verbally and in writing; comfortably interface with customer
- Assist driver with truck inspections and moving equipment inventory
- Share responsibility with the driver in accurately completing paperwork and payment collection
- Because moving is stressful, we seek candidates with a commitment to customer service and an appreciation for variety in your job!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Experience in the fields of general labor, landscaping, construction or warehouse helpful
- Strong logic and mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of dollars, weight measurement, volume, distance and time)
- Stamina to lift heavy items (100 lbs or more) repeatedly while climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, walking, etc.
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
Apply online at http://careers.twomenandatruck.com/
11/13/14………Zaxby’s is Hiring!
Zaxby’s is now hiring cooks and cashiers for various area locations. Zaxby’s team members enjoy great benefits including:
- Monthly bonus program
- Paid vacation
- Tuition assistance
- 401k program
- Employee referral program
- Employee incentive plan
Interested in working at Zaxby’s? Apply in person at any of the locations below between the hours of 2pm and 5pm only:
- 4815 Hwy 58, Chattanooga
- 7643 E. Brainerd Road, Chattanooga
- 8884 Old Lee Hwy, Ooltewah
- 2541 Battlefield Pkwy, Ft. Oglethorpe
- 623 Signal Mountain Road, Chattanooga
- 9347 Springfield Road, Soddy Daisy
11/11/14……….Spring or Summer 2015 Internships and Co-Op Positions in Project Management – Hodges & Hicks
Location: Roswell, GA
Who is Hodges & Hicks?
Hodges & Hicks is a privately owned general contractor based in Atlanta, GA that primarily focuses on large commercial work at private schools, churches, hospitals, data centers, and office buildings. Hodges & Hicks was built around its hard-working , dedicated employees and continues to attract the best talent in the construction industry.
Who is Hodges & Hicks looking to Hire?
Hodges & Hicks is a growing company, looking to strengthen and expand by hiring young, capable, and motivated individuals. As an employee, you will learn about the full construction process through a combination of experiences in the field and the office, serving in preconstruction or project management. Long term growth with Hodges & Hicks combines large scale opportunities as a project manager, estimator or superintendent with a young and ambitious professional atmosphere.
- Spring or Summer of 2015, full-time and part-time positions available.
- Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors are welcome to apply.
- Construction Management Students are encouraged to apply
- Students will work along side project managers on several different projects to develop a wide range of experience and project management skills.
Email Resumes to: email@example.com
Premium Players Know How To Win....They Start By Joining The Right Team!!!!
The Finish Line is a premium specialty athletic retailer with a strong track record of success! We operate over 660 stores across the country and online at www.finishline.com. We offer a premium work environment that encourages you to move at the speed of change in a fast-paced, high energy and dynamic culture! If you are looking to collaborate with top industry talent and best in class brands, then an exciting career may await you!
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with the coolest shoes and sports apparel on the planet? If so, here is your chance. Finish Line is looking to draft new players to our winning team. As a Sales Associate for Finish Line, not only will you get to work with the season’s hottest new gear, you will be joining a company that is growing, stable, and empowers its employees.
Here are a few of the duties and responsibilities you can expect as a Sales Associate with Finish Line:
- Assisting customers to provide a premium shopping experience.
- Assist customers during their checkout by working the POS (Point Of Sale) equipment and or answering and questions.
- Ensuring stockroom and store appearance is up to Company standards.
- Maintains Company standards regarding personal sales metrics.
- Requires standing approximately 5 – 8 hours per day usually 3 – 5 days per week.
- During peak sale periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to-School), will work for long periods throughout a 1 – 12 hour day.
- Requires stooping and kneeling to place merchandise on customer’s feet as well as reaching and pulling to obtain or stock merchandise on storage racks.
- May be required to climb ladder or ascend/descend stairs in order to stock and/or acquire merchandise for sale.
- Required to lift items weighing 5 – 25 lbs regularly. In certain circumstances, weights may be higher.
Interested applicant can apply at www.Finishline.com
We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, dependable person to care for and interact with two yr. olds. Monday - Friday, 2:00p-6:15p.
Applicant must be experienced with young children and truly enjoy them. Experience in a center setting is preferred.
Due to the health risks associated with third-hand smoke, we DO NOT HIRE SMOKERS. Tennessee DHS requires that you are over 18, have a high school diploma, and submit to a TBI background screening.
Please reply by email to Penny Horton at firstname.lastname@example.org with your history of your experience/work with children.
11/11/14…………Servers, Bartender and Cook Needed – Jefferson’s
Jefferson’s located at 618 Georgia Avenue across from the courthouse (just a short walk from UTC) has immediate openings for Servers, Bartender and Cook.
Apply in person!
11/10/14……..Server – Fresh Pot Café, Hixson
Fresh Pot Café is a family owned and operated restaurant located on HWY 153 Hixson, TN (Next to Planet Fitness). We have a part-time server position open that we need to fill IMMEDIATELY
We are looking for an individual that is motivated, energetic, and loves to interact with costumers. Restaurant or costumer service experience preferred but not required.
We are looking for somebody that is available to work Monday through Thursday from 10:30am to 2pm.
Applicants can pick up an application Monday through Friday from 2:30pm to 5:00pm.
11/10/14...........Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom at Northgate Mall Now Hiring!
The Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom has several great job openings at their new Northgate Mall location! They are looking for team members who will proudly represent the Old Chicago brand with a positive, high-energy attitude and who will help the team provide an exceptional dinging experience to their guests - EVERY GUEST, EVERY TIME!
Apply online at www.oldchicagojobs.com today!
11/10/14………Referees Wanted – Chattanooga Sports Leagues
We are currently hiring referees for the following adult sports:
- Basketball (previous experience needed)
- Flag Football (football knowledge needed)
- Kickball (baseball/softball knowledge needed)
- Soccer (previous experience needed)
We are looking for confident, vocal referees who can interact with players while enforcing the rules. This is a great way to earn some extra money and meet new people.
Must be 21+ to apply.
Apply to email@example.com with: 1) Your name 2) Which sport(s) you are applying for 3) Availability 4) Brief description of your refereeing or sports background.
11/10/14…………Needed an Artist
An Artist is needed to create illustrations for a children's book series. The art must be electronic or transferable to an electronic form for printing. Illustrations will follow an already created main character. The employer is a small start-up company formed to assist small ideas to become big ones.
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please put Artist Position in the subject of the e-mail. Compensation and time commitments are both negotiable.
11/7/14.........Justice at Hamilton Place Mall is hiring for part time seasonal brand reps.
Apply at www.careers.tweenbrands.com ASAP
11/7/14…… Part Time Child Care
We are seeking someone for part-time child care for our children ages 2 and 5. Duties may include picking up one or both children from school (Downtown Chattanooga) and/or swim lessons and bringing them to our home in East Brainerd. We would need someone for about 2 hours a day for up to four days a week. Additional babysitting opportunities may be available on the weekends.
We prefer an Education, Nursing or Spanish major. Prior experience is a must. A background check will be performed and you must have a clear driving record.
Please contact: Gabrielle at (423) 298-4832
11/6/14………2014 Marketing Intern – Double Cola Company
Looking to hire 2 students immediately!
Internship description: The intern will assist in the promotion of the Double Cola Company brands via various social media websites and assist with other marketing-related activities.
Hours: 12-15 hours per week. Typically 3 days per week. Schedule is negotiable.
Program Eligibility & Submission:
- Student interested in the field of marketing and communications
- Must be a senior
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Experience in social media
- Must enjoy working with a team
- Complete application (attached here)
- One letter of recommendation from a professor
- One-page essay about what student hopes to gain from internship
- Interview with company personal
11/6/14………..Part Time Marketing Assistant – Chattanooga Flooring Center
Monday thru Friday 10am-2pm
Pay based on experience
- Needs to know Word Press to update web site
- Needs to know Social Media and icontact
- Google docs
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Be pleasant as they will answer phone and greet walk in customers
Apply in person or via email to Rhonda@chattanoogaflooringcenter.com. Our address is 5910 Shallowford Road; Suite A, Chattanooga, TN.
11/5/14………..Technical Support Representative (TSR), Chattanooga and Nashville — Mike Collins and Associates
5 positions available
TSR is responsible for addressing customer-facing service calls and ensuring support contract SLA’s. The TSR interfaces with customers to resolve TIER 1 related issues, assess support need, gather additional information, and escalate tickets as necessary. TSR may also handle preventive maintenance tasks, patch management, documentation, and helpdesk tasks.
TIER 1 support requests include, but are not limited to:
- End-User Software support (office, email, browsers, quickbooks, etc)
- Software installation
- PC hardware troubleshooting
- Level 1 – 3 Network Troubleshooting
- A+ certification
- 2 years of troubleshooting PC Systems
- Shifts range from 1st, 2nd, & 3rd available (can be flexible).
Please submit Resume and complete work history to email@example.com. Resumes without experience will not be considered.
11/4/14…………..PT Work at The Hot Chocolatier
We have a part-time (potentially full-time during the Holiday rush) position available. Looking for someone with a great attitude and customer service skills. Barista experience is preferred but we are willing to train.
This person will help with counter sales of pastries, chocolates, running a cash register, making various coffee and hot chocolate drinks, and packaging our products. Must be available to work through the holiday seasons as well as Fridays, Saturdays, and evenings. (We are closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas) The right person will be self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment. Must be a chocolate lover. This is an entry level position.
Please bring resumé to The Hot Chocolatier at 1437 Market Street.
11/3/2014…………Normal Park Upper School Daycare – Part time
Normal Park is seeking employees to work afternoon hours in our staff daycare. Position closes 11/14/2014.
Available positions are Monday Through Friday:
- 2:30-5:00 (available immediately)
- 3:30-5:00 (starts 11/14/2014)
- Interacting and playing with toddlers and babies
- Ensuring children’s safety
- Diapering and toileting
- Bottle preparing and feeding
- Holding and consoling children
- Interacting with parents at pick-up
- Maintaining a positive relationship with parents
- Disinfecting daycare and cleaning upon closing
- Keeping detailed records
We are in need of someone who is accountable, professional, timely and responsible. Only SERIOUS and DEDICATED applicants apply.
Contact Casey Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an interview.
11/3/14…….. Part-Time and Full-Time Real Estate Agents Needed!
WEICHERT, REALTORS® - Yerbey Realty is hiring both part-time and full-time real estate agents. You can get your real estate license in as little as 1 month and get started! We train you to help clients buy and sell real estate. You can make as much as you want while choosing you own hours! This is a perfect job for students who need to make some extra money while they finish school and set them up with a career after they graduate. The only requirements are:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a high school degree or GED
- Must not be convicted of a criminal offense
If you can say “yes” to all of these requirements, we want to talk to you! WEICHERT, REALTORS® - Yerbey Realty will help you through the process of getting your license and becoming trained to be a real estate agent. If interested call Lacey Williams at (423) 267-0544 or email at email@example.com
We also host a free seminar for those interested in a career in real estate on Tuesday nights at 7 pm at our office – 1928 Central Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37408. Please RSVP for the seminar at (423) 267-0544 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
11/3/14………Part Time Holiday Help Needed – Rusty’s Nutz
Come have FUN at a FESTIVAL with us!
About: Rusty's Nutz is a Peanut Focused Snack Food Company. We cook Hot Boiled Peanuts & Fresh Roasted Peanuts, in Small Batches, for festivals and events. Visit our website at www.RustysNutz.com
We are looking for OUTGOING, ENTHUSIASTIC individuals with excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE skills. Restaurant Server/Bartending experience is preferred. Courses in MARKETING and MANAGEMENT preferred.
You’ll be talking to people from all over the U.S. visiting Chattanooga and locals alike. You’ll be BUILDING RAPPORT with our Regular Customers as well as sharing with First-Timers just learning about our products.
We need someone who is willing to learn about HOW TO SETUP and RUN A SALES EVENT from start to finish. You will learn TIME MANAGEMENT, ORGANIZATION, PLANNING, and MARKETING, in an ENTREPRENEURIAL SETTING. DECISION MAKING, RESOLVING CONFLICT and CREATING an experience for others to enjoy.
Hours are part-time.
MUST be able to: work weekends / own an SUV, truck, Jeep or van / be able to lift 30 lbs. or more and own a smart phone.
To apply contact Natalie at 770.605.5479.
11/3/14………… Spring 2015 Intern Staff Writer – River City Sports
With the Spring class registration period approaching consider an internship opportunity with River City Sports, Hamilton County's premier high school sports coverage provider.
Dates: Mid-December (or when semester starts) to Mid-May (or when semester ends)
Description: Write/publish expert analysis of sports-related topics before, during, or after
a sporting event. Accumulate exclusive information, interviews and insight into the
area's high school Winter/Spring sports teams.
Applicants with real-life experience in sports and/or experience with photography and video editing experience will have precedence.
This is a part-time, stipend based pay position
To apply email your class schedule and resume to email@example.com
11/3/14…….Legal Studies Tutor
Legal Assistant Studies student is looking for a tutor who is proficient with West law and Lexis Nexis legal database systems. Tutor also needs to have a working knowledge and understanding of legal concepts.
This position pays a competitive wage, which is negotiable. The position is available immediately. Having your own transportation is a plus.
To apply, please call 314-324-6871.
Seeking to fill a position for a typist (50 wpm) and someone with a working knowledge of computers. This position pays a competitive wage, which is negotiable.
The position is available immediately. Having your own transportation is a plus.
To apply, please call 314-324-6871.
11/3/14……..Electro-Mechanical Repair Technician - Edwin Bohr/Electronics, Inc.
We are a Chattanooga based specialty services company. The current opportunities that are available range from 20 to 40 hours per week with flexible hours between 8am and 5pm. Pay is negotiable and is commensurate with experience and expertise.
- Disassembly / Reassembly of Equipment
- Cleaning & Inspection
- Research and Documentation
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Good organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Prior sandblasting and refinishing experience would be a plus. The work is interesting and provides hands on experience.
To apply please email your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org EB/E is a drug-free environment.
11/3/14…………Full and Part Time Positions at the Grocery Bar
Calling all kitchen rock stars! Come join the best team in Chattanooga!
Grocery Bar is a new local grocery store and full-service restaurant on Chattanooga's Southside at 100 W. Main Street. We are currently seeking new members of our kitchen team. Who should apply? People who are passionate about food--and who know how to hustle a busy line, prep for service and who care about organization. Must be able to handle a knife and lift 50 lbs.
Our food's excellence reflects the attention to detail that goes into it at each step of the way--from the farm to the plate. Are you looking for a place to learn and stretch your culinary skills with a group of talented chefs? Join our team if you want to be part of a community grocery store driven by passion for treating food, people and the planet with respect.
- Prep Cook (some experience required, comfortable in a professional kitchen)
- A.M. Line Cook (at least 1 year professional cooking experience required)
- Sous Chef (3+ years professional kitchen experience required, management experience preferred)
To apply: please email email@example.com with what position you want to request an application for, a brief introduction to your experience, and the best number to reach you on. Equal Opportunity Employer
11/3/14…………Kennel Technicians - The CHATTANOOGA VETERINARY CENTER
NEEDED through the HOLIDAYS.
Job Description: Walking, feeding, grooming, medicating, and general husbandry of dogs and cats. Must be willing to work most Saturdays & Sundays. You must be in GOOD physical condition - able to squat, stoop, bend, lift, and do a lot of walking. Must be willing to maintain the highest standards of keeping work environment cleanliness.
Can be either full or part time.
May lead to a permanent position.
Location: 6146 Lee Hwy, Chattanooga, Tn
How to apply: Apply via email. Resume must be attached. You will be contacted by CVC IF we consider your candidacy for employment. Wages will be discussed in the interiview process.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line reading: "Kennel Tech Help". Do NOT call or apply in person.
10/30/14............Dance, Cheer, and/or Musical Theatre Instructor- Winter Session
Local dance company is looking for experienced dancers, (ballet, tap, hip hop, jazz, cheerleading, musical theatre), interested in teaching beginner level dance to ages 2-12 for upcoming winter session. All experience in above disciplines not required.
Classes needing placement are held during day time hours, (M-F, 9 am-5 pm.) Must be able to commit to teaching beginning of Nov-mid-Feb.
Perfect for a college student! Instructor must love to work with kids, have reliable transportation, and have a desire to use dance as a ministry tool.
Looking for instructor to start IMMEDIATELY! Compensation based on experience.
To apply: Please email dance and academic resumes for consideration to email@example.com
10/29/14………….Sales Associate - Mia Cucina
Objective: To provide great customer service to everyone shopping at Mia Cucina
- Maintain customer service and selling as the priority at all times
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of products and cooking class services and use this knowledge to build sales
- Practice suggestive selling, offering related items and accessories and driving multiple-unit sales
- Use computer system to determine merchandise availability, look up prices and ring sales
- Answer phones
- Follow Special Work Flow Processes, including but not limited to: Opening Duties, Closing Duties, Inventory Check In, Damage Item Processing, Gift Card Processing, Cooking Class Sign Up and Product Returns.
- Kitchen Assistance for classes and private events
- Comprehend and maintain company standards at all times
- Communicate effectively with peers and management and be flexible to the needs of the business
- Maintain a working knowledge of all products in the store
- Attend all store meetings and trainings, including annual inventory
- To be able to direct a standard child’s birthday party after shadowing a minimum of 3 parties (preferably one led by the kitchen lead)
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Company Standards
- Be on time for all scheduled shifts
- Accessing internet sights not related to the industry and social media sights such as Facebook is strictly prohibited.
- Music station selections are at all times limited to: Classical, Jazz, Singers/Swing, Italian and Holiday stations during the Christmas Season.
- Adhere to parking guidelines at all times
- Discreet cell phone usage is permitted, only as necessary
To apply, bring completed application (attached here) to store located at 345 Frazier Avenue
10/29/14........Science Tutor Needed
High school science tutor needed in North Chattanooga, 2 afternoons/3 hours per week or possibly over the weekend. $15.00 per hour, tutoring experience preferred.
Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org Include References personal or work-related in your reply as well as your availability. Begins immediately.
10/29/14…………..Front Desk Person
Hamilton-Roddy Chiropractic has been serving the healthcare needs in the Chattanooga community for over 25 years. As our practice continues to grow and expand, we are in need of a highly talented individual to work our front desk and help manage our online presence.
Are you someone who: really, really knows your way around a computer considers yourself to be a "junior" techie can truly multitask... with a smile values alternative and natural health care can manipulate content on a website
If you are the person listed above, then this may be a great fit for you.
To be considered for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. On your cover letter write a 2-3 paragraph explanation of why you are this person. Also, include "BC" in the "Subject" line.
Chartwells Dining at Covenant College is seeking a full-time beverage attendant. Ideal candidate will have reliable transportation, flexible availability, and a positive attitude. Position offers many benefits, including insurance and paid time off. All applicants must pass a background screening.
Please email resume or job experience to Candace.Hendon@compass-usa.com. EOE AA: M/F/D/V
10/28/14……….Delivery Drivers – Scenic City Magazines
Delivery drivers needed to distribute local magazine. Job pays $8/hour and driver will be reimbursed for gas costs. This job is occasional and you will be needed about once a month for 3-4 days, but is a great way to make some extra cash!
CMC Publications will assign you a delivery route that will cover one of 18 areas of Chattanooga, North Georgia or Bradley County. You will deliver magazines to locations where people work, relax and take care of their families – including businesses, medical offices, salons, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of car insurance for the car you will be making deliveries in, and satisfactory vehicle
- Must be available between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. for at least 5 hours at a time. NOTE: Routes can take between 3 to 8 hours.
- We only deliver on week days.
- How many days you work depends on what our need is and what your availability is.
- Must have a clean car and have room for boxes of magazines
For more information, please send resume to Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10/27/14…….River Journey Gift Shop Sales Associate – TN Aquarium
Occupational Summary: General cashiering duties and sales transaction accounting; assisting shop customers; stocking and straightening merchandise and related inventory duties.
Qualifications: Two years cashiering experience; a friendly and open manner with people; capacity for “grace under pressure”; availability to work a flexible schedule.
To apply, send application/resume to email@example.com or apply in person at the IMAX located 201 Chestnut Street, Chattanooga TN 37402.
The Tennessee Aquarium/IMAX 3D is an equal opportunity employer.
10/27/14…………. PHP and Web Design – Motion View Software, LLC
Job Description: We are interested in finding a new intern to fill a paid internship opportunity. We are looking for someone or a couple of people who have strong skills and are confident in PHP and web design. This is a great opportunity to grow within a specific market and to gain the knowledge required to expand your career.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Web Design
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to think creatively and multi-task
Can be either full time or part time
Location: 2730 Kanasita Drive, Hixson, TN 37343
How to Apply: Please send your resume to Michelle Collins, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
10/27/14………..C++ Developer Intern – Motion View Software, LLC
Job Description: We are interested in finding a new intern to fill a paid internship opportunity. We are looking for someone or a couple of people who have strong skills and are confident in C++ Windows programming. This is a great opportunity to grow within a specific market and to gain the knowledge required to expand your career.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Formal training and experience in object-oriented application development
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to think creatively and multi-task
Can be either full or part time
Location: 2730 Kanasita Drive, Hixson, TN 37343
How to Apply: Please send your resume to Michelle Collins, via email at email@example.com
10/24/14………..Marketing Intern - Playcore
Marketing Interns may work with product and brand management and/or internal and external communications. This may involve creating promotional materials, doing research on a target market, or selling the product/service to customers.
- Prepare brochures and materials
- Assist in building a projects database
- Coordinate special events
- Place and track advertising
- Develop a strong understanding of company’s products and services
- Coordinate with internal departments to respond quickly to customer needs, requests and problems
- Assist in various duties as needed
- Participate in marketing plans
- Create promotional materials
- Plan special events
- Assist with market research
- Current junior or senior pursuing a Marketing or Business degree
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Power Point
- Microsoft Outlook
- Maximum 30 hours per week work schedule
- Must commit through spring semester or through summer semester (preferred)
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and proposed schedule/availability.
10/24/14…………Reintroduction Assistant (TNACI)
Carries out daily husbandry for Southern Appalachian Brook Trout reared at TNACI. Visually monitors animals for health and behavioral abnormalities. Aids in the maintenance and occasional improvement of the life support facilities. Provides assistance with other tasks as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Feeding and maintenance of Brook Trout in holding tanks, raceways, and related facilities.
- Grading fish out into different tanks to optimize growth of fish.
- Cleaning and maintenance of tanks and filtration in life support system.
- Visual monitoring animals to detect health or other husbandry problems.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with care for other captive propagation programs as needed.
- Interacts with other TNACI science staff to support ongoing research projects.
- Occasional assistance with fieldwork for TNACI conservation programs.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Experience or knowledge maintaining freshwater aquaria.
- Good working knowledge of computers, frequent use of Excel and Word.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of basic carpentry and plumbing helpful.
- High school diploma or GED.
- College experience with background in biological sciences preferred.
- Seasonal position; works 2 hours per day for 6-12 hours per week.
- Schedule will require weekend (Saturday and/or Sunday) and holiday work.
- Outdoors in all seasons and conditions providing husbandry support for aquatic animals.
- Some fieldwork activities may be required for this position.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
To apply, send application/resume to email@example.com.
10/24/14………Accessorize|Monsoon Children's at Hamilton Place is hiring!
We are in need of a PT Key-holder and two sales associates! These positions require driven sales people with an outgoing personality and semi-open availability. Must be 18 or older to apply. Previous retail experience preferred. Pay is competitive. Approx. 10-15 hours per week.
Contact Ashley Chandler, SM at 423.702.4494 or stop by the store and fill out an application.
10/23/14……….Seasonal Workers at Ruby Falls
Interested in working with Santa this Christmas? Ruby Falls is now accepting applications for Gemstone Miners to work their new Christmas Underground event. Must be available to work weekdays/weekends November – December.
Apply online TODAY at www.RubyFalls.com !
10/23/14…………..Marketing Assistant – Southern Tool Steel
Seeking a part time employee that can work Monday – Friday. Hours are flexible to your school schedule.
Job duties include:
- Administrative/clerical duties
- Data entry
- Packaging of marketing items to send to customers
- Inventory of marketing materials
- Graphic design/e-marketing experience available, if interested.
Pay starts at $8.00. Position can become full time.
To apply, come to office and complete an application and math/clerical test (allow 1-2 hours).
Southern Tool Steel/Marketing Dept
2726 Kanasita Drive
Hixson, TN 37343
10/23/14………….Assistant – Shuptrine’s Twisted
Local business is looking for an outgoing, trustworthy, and self-motivated student for part-time assisting/ contract labor.
Shuptrine’s is a family-owned company who has several divisions of fine art, restoration and a new product and business called Shuptrine's Twisted (www.shuptrinestwisted.com). We are in need of a bright, energetic and friendly individual who will assist managers in daily activities of office assisting, Quickbooks, errands, digital organization, calendar and some sales. Has to be presentable and meet/greet some public.
- Entering orders into online database with deadlines.
- Entering customer /billing/ invoicing/shipping info
- Working with Quickbooks program (prefer some prior knowledge)
- Filing and digital paperwork organization.
- Computer knowledge is a MUST .
Business , Marketing, and Communications majors are preferred. All applicants must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license, and must pass a background check if requested.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL (NOT AN ATTACHMENT).
10/22/14……SPRING 2015 Internships at TVA
TVA has the following internships available for Spring 2015
- Computer Science Internship
- Business Internship
- Accounting/Finance Internship
- Engineer Internship
To apply go to http://www.tva.com/employment/jobs.htm. MUST APPLY BY 12/28/14.
10/22/14……….Administrative Assistant – Scenic City Magazines
Duties: Will vary depending on current projects, but could include uploading content to websites, updating databases/excel documents, making phone calls, confirming information, researching health topics, etc.
Qualifications: Our ideal candidate is highly organized, cheerful on the phone, thorough when checking facts, comfortable with research, quick to learn, Internet-savvy, and has a strong interest in learning the inner workings of magazine publishing or small business. Must have availability during business hours of 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. M-F, but number of hours needed is flexible.
Requirements: Applicants must be enrolled in their junior or senior year of undergraduate study; however, exceptions may be permitted based on experience, portfolio content, or other qualification deemed significant by the hiring manager in each practice group.
If you’re interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Danielle Wright at Danielle@sceniccitymags.com.
10/22/14………….Childcare Workers - Hixson United Methodist Church
Hixson United Methodist Church is seeking childcare workers to work with the birth- 4/5 year old age range (and occasionally elementary age range). All workers must be 18 years of age.
We are looking for someone who would be able to work on Sunday mornings from 8:00 am- 1:00 pm, Sunday evenings, Monday Mornings and possibly Monday evenings, Wednesday evenings, and special events.
Please contact Melia Warren at email@example.com or 877-1246 if you are interested in applying for this position and would like an application. A background check will be performed and references will be asked for.
10/21/14…………Full and Part Time Sales Consultant - CarMax Auto Superstore
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A SUCCESSFUL CARMAX SALES CONSULTANT?
Read on to find out -
WHAT DO CARMAX SALES CONSULTANTS DO?
At CarMax, Sales Consultants work with customers through each and every step of the sales process.
The steps to our process include:
- Communicating to customers what makes CarMax unique
- Interviewing customers to determine their needs and wants
- Presenting our vehicles
- Taking test drives
- Running credit applications
- Processing transaction paperwork
- Supporting our on-line customers via our eSales office
- Following up with potential customers
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
(Read carefully because this is VERY IMPORTANT!)
- A strong ability to work with and relate to all types of customers and to earn their respect
- Self-motivation and a burning desire to be the very best! With consistently strong sales performance, CarMax Sales Consultants can advance to club level status, such as Directors Club and Presidents Club.
- Strong customer focus!
- A strong belief in our Company! Sales Consultants take pride in presenting our vehicles, and are always dedicated to finding the right vehicle for every customer.
- A strong ability to find solutions to sales challenges
- Exceptional speaking and active-listening skills
- Good computer skills
- A PASSION FOR SELLING in a Team oriented environment!
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO KNOW? YES -
- You MUST enjoy the varied hours of a retail work schedule.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Ability to drive a manual transmission or a willingness to learn is also important!
Apply now at www.carmax.com/careers
10/21/14…………Part Time Jobs at Integrated Networking Technologies
Intec is a full service telecommunications firm that was founded in 1997. We provide professional services including structured cabling, business phone systems, networks, access control, video surveillance, and PC support. Our complete company is focused on Telecommunications therefore all resources are trained and employed in the delivery of top quality telecommunications services.
We are looking for students to fill the following positions:
- Pay Range: $10.00 to $12.00 per Hour
- Dependability/Punctuality – Must be at work every day and on time. Will work when and where needed. Nothing says I don’t care more than being late. Customers feel the same way. Must have dependable transportation to get to and from the job site and occasionally between job sites.
- Tools – Acquired all tools on the list and have them everyday.
- Must be able to listen, understand, take direction and follow through with work given. Must be able to follow directions.
- Must be willing to learn on his on, internet, read telecommunication books, ask questions
- Must be able to perform tasks without direction, cleanup at the end of each work day and during the work day without being asked. Look for the next step of work.
- Must be a go getter, no standing around, when out of work ask for work
- Must know and understand the Intec Work Flow Process
- Proper time sheet management with the Cell Phones – Proper Cell Phone usage
- Accountable for actions and work – takes responsibility for actions and work
- Pay Range: $10.00 to $14.00 per Hour
- Must have met all requirements of a Helper in order to move to the Technician Level
- Detail Oriented – able to effectively track what they are doing. Also watch details of the work being performed. Takes pride in work performed.
- Tools – Acquired all tools on the list and have them everyday.
- Follows proper procedures – Must be able to follow, implement, and complete the Intec Work Flow Process
- Knowledge of Industry and Standards
- Strives for more than just average results
- Customer Interaction
- Patient, organized, focused, common sense
- Generates alternatives when needed
- Must be able to work on your own, follow the Work Order (and Work Order Process) and bring job to completion
- Must be able to direct a helper(s) in performing a job. Set their job schedule and reporting times
- Pay Range: $12.00 to $17.00 per Hour
- Must have met all requirements of a Technician in order to move to the Lead Technician Level
- Ability to self motivate and the Ability to motivate others to complete tasks and discipline them onsite when they do not
- Effectively reporting progress to management
- Time and cost management skills – MUST ELABORATE
- In addition to the Work Flow Process as a Technician – must be the Lead Technician and follow all requirements of the Work Flow Process
- Must be able to perform a site walk through, develop the required material list, estimate labor required, and develop a quote in order to present to a customer
- Customer relations.
- Knows how to get the job accomplished
- Knows how to manage other technicians and helpers
- Contact the Technicians, Helpers, etc. and let them know work schedule. Set work schedule for self and for others.
- Must be able to independently have Job Safety Meetings with Technicians, Helpers, etc., and turn the documented safety meetings in to the Office
- Must be able to order material, track material, and receive material – must be able to understand and obtain material for the job in advance
- Must be able to take phone calls and be accessible after hours via telephone and email – must be able to be involved in the Intec on-call procedure
Interested candidates can apply by emailing their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
10/21/14…………Part Time Jobs at Chattanooga Golf & Country Club
- Part-Time Bartender: Must have experience in making craft cocktails, great customer service skills, and be able to stand on their feet for long periods of time.
- Part-Time Pro Shop Customer Service Attendant: Answering phone calls, making tee times, interacting with members, selling golf attire.
Part-Time Beverage Cart Attendant: Make drinks for members on the golf course, interact with members. Must be available during the day until 5pm.
All applicants can pick up applications at the front desk of the Chattanooga Golf & Country Club located at 1511 Riverview Road, Chattanooga, TN 37405. Can also call 423-266-6178 for additional information.
10/21/14………..Caregiver/CNA, part-time or PRN.
Good Schedule (second shift), Great Staff. Applicant must enjoy working with Seniors
Prior Experience Required. References required.
Please send resume with references and work history to: email@example.com
10/21/14……….Seasonal Positions at Best Buy
The Best Buy located on Gunbarrel Road near Hamilton Place Mall has several seasonal positions available.
- Customer Service Specialist
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant
- Sales Consultant - Home Theater/Lifestyles (Appliances, Gaming, Digital Cameras)
Since these are seasonal positions, candidates are required to work the week of Thanksgiving and the week of Christmas.
For complete job descriptions and/or to apply for these positions visit their careers website at https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/searchresults.aspx?SID=^sXj1XVpxTNWpTR5I_slp_rhc_HA07mFRNsozQUTt4TOmVVGO3M5UaD_slp_rhc_OwpOCQ1vUbfhEUG7H search for store 00488.
10/16/14............Casual Servers Wanted for Upscale Catering and Event Company
Please respond quickly. Casual servers wanted for upscale catering and event company. Pay starts at $110 per shift, and moves as quickly as you can demonstrate your skills to $135 per shift.
Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Most work is around weekends, and we are flexible.
10/16/14……..Amazon is hiring several thousand employees for the holidays in its Chattanooga and Charleston, TN distribution centers.
TO APPLY go to www.workatamazonfulfillment.com
10/16/14………..Water Fitness Instructors – City of Chattanooga
Salary: $15.00 - $18.00 Hourly
******** THIS POSITION IS BEING REPOSTED TO SUPPLEMENT THE CURRENT APPLICANT POOL. YOU DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT ANOTHER APPLICATION IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED. ********
Incumbents in this classification provide water exercise instruction, monitors and educates participants on fitness and safety. Maintains a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class. Works under direct supervision.
********NOTE: THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION WITHOUT BENEFITS.********
Examples of Duties:
- Teach scheduled classes, provides adequate warm-up, exercises, stretching and cool down.
- Instruct participants on effective workout methods, explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises; identifies different muscle groups and teach appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.
- Prepare appropriate equipment, music and handouts for each class.
- Assist, answer questions and provide a positive exercise experience for participants.
- Inform management of pool activities, facility needs and significant issues.
- Ensure safety standards are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three months previous fitness class instruction or water fitness class instruction preferred with ability to achieve fitness certification within 6 months of employment.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- CPR Certification preferred
- Lifeguard certification preferred
- Certified Instructor-ACE, AFAA certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
Apply online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/chattanooga/default.cfm
All employees must maintain Tennessee residency from the date of hire.
The City of Chattanooga, Tennessee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
10/16/14……..Sales Associate – Surf Splash, Inc
We are a small, growing, business located within 12 miles of UTC and seeking an energetic, motivated, sales professional to help us expand our business. A successful candidate will be: a self-starter, numbers-driven, able to succeed with minimal supervision, and excited about closing sales.
While sales are the primary role for this position, it is by no means the only thing you’ll be doing! We believe in a positive work/life balance.
While we work hard, fun is core to our brand and it’s reflected in our atmosphere. Your opinions and input matter to everyone in the company and you’ll often be called upon to provide insight and ideas. Here, every day is different! Come ready to learn and use what you’ve learned on a daily basis to enhance brand awareness and help the company grow. Compensation is dependent upon experience and includes both a competitive hourly wage and commission.
To apply, please send a cover letter highlighting relevant experience, a paragraph
including why you feel you’re an ideal candidate, salary expectations, and resume
(with three professional references) to: email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are seeking a part-time nanny (25 hours per week) to care for our infant son in our home. Hours will be from 7:30am to 3:30pm, 3 days per week. I am flexible in the days (3 days m-f), but once the schedule is set it needs to remain the same. Position starts January 8th until the end of May. Pay is $10 per hour. We live in Horse Creek Farms off of Mountain Creek Rd.
Previous experience is a must. Nanny must be reliable and on time. Infant CPR preferred. Preference will be given to education majors and graduate students but no degree is required. Must submit three work references and submit to a background check.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to caltfillisch@ hotmail.com by November 10th.
10/15/14......Childcare Helper - East Brainerd Area
Preferably seeking education major for part-time childcare for ages 6, 8, 10. Duties will include picking up from school downtown and driving to home in East Brainerd, one to three times per week for around 2 hours.
Please Contact Becki Lusk, (423) 596-0662.
10/15/14………….Part Time Jobs at Scenic City Plaza
Scenic City Plaza, home to Scenic City Convenience, Lee Highway Tire & Fast Lube, and Scenic City Car Wash & Auto Detail, is looking to hire 3 to 6 energetic persons for part-time help, starting immediately. At this time, our primary openings are for cashiers and auto-detail experts, as well as a sharp-minded candidate for administration and various assistance to the regional director.
We offer: Competitive Wages (plus tips for Auto Detail Experts), Flexible Scheduling around your Classes, Fast-Paced and yet Casual Work Environment, Great Incentives for Team Members who SHINE!
We expect: Timeliness, dependability, effectiveness, teach-ability, & professionalism. Simply put, I'll train whomever has the right attitude. We ask our employees to respect and value the personal time of others by arriving and leaving as scheduled and giving it 100%... all the pieces fall into place from there. Though we respect the outside lives of our employees, this is a drug-free workplace.
Interested candidates can send their resumes or letters of interest to ETNN.Manager@Gmail.com or simply stop by 5907 Lee Highway to fill out an application in person.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and would love to bring your diversity into our growing company. Sharp candidates whose work ethic and personality are both phenomenal will see a lot of growth potential with our parent holdings company, as we are growing by the day.
10/14/14……… Lifestyle Consultant Position (Front Desk and Sales) - Massage Heights at Gunbarrel
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer services
- Take charge for every Guest's Massage Heights experience
- Use suggestive selling skills to build every sale
- Schedule new and return appointments based on Guest preferences
- Meet and exceed sales goals
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with Team Members
- Take pride and accountability in all aspects of your job
- $9 per hour +
- Commissions for membership sales range from $5-$30
- 10% Retail Sales
- Bonus Potential
******Looking for someone who is willing to stay and grow with the business. Management positions will come available. *******
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work nights and weekends.
- Willingness to learn and work well with others.
- Costumer Service & Sales experience is a plus!
- Strong computer skills
- Familiarity with Millennium Software is a plus!
Hours & Shifts Available:
- Full time and Part time positions available.
- We are open Monday - Friday 9am-9pm, Saturday 9am-7pm and Sunday 10am- 6pm.
- Shifts available are, morning 8am-3pm and evening 3pm-9pm.
Please call 423.227.0839 and leave a voicemail telling a little bit about yourself and why you would be a good fit for this position. Please also apply by emailing Gunbarrel@massageheights.com and sending your cover letter, resume and any references.
You may also submit your resume in person! If Massage Heights wishes to move forward with any candidates who apply then someone will be in contact via email. To learn more about Massage Heights please visit our website at www.massageheights/chattanooga.com
9/23/14………SPRING 2015 Finance Co-op – Koch Industries
Description: INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the world's largest privately-held companies, according to Forbes. Koch companies employ about 100,000 people and have a presence in nearly 60 countries.
INVISTA is among the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including LYCRA® fiber, COOLMAX® fabric, CORDURA® fabric, STAINMASTER® carpet, and ANTRON® carpet fiber. INVISTA's businesses include Apparel, Intermediates, Performance Surfaces & Materials, and Performance Technologies. You may not realize it, but INVISTA's products play a role in nearly every aspect of your life. For example, INVISTA fibers may be in your carpet, clothing or bedding--and INVISTA polymers may be in your car, food packaging or camping gear. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
THE OPPORTUNITY - A finance role at the Chattanooga site includes opportunities to work directly with operations and site engineering resources. Throughout the course of the position this role will have the opportunity to:
- Gain an understanding of the relevant industries and businesses that the Chattanooga site supports within the overall INVISTA Business portfolio.
- Effectively present results and recommendations to senior leadership in both written and oral formats.
- Proactively identify and implement internal controls, financial systems and process improvements.
- Develop reporting and analytical tools allowing the site to make more informed economic decisions.
NETWORKING - The interns, co-ops and new hires at Koch companies work directly with business leaders, creating an environment that fosters learning and development. In addition to professional guidance, a variety of social and business-related activities are also available for further interaction with mentors and peers.
- Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar business degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including MS Excel
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Available to work at least 15 hrs a week
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Apply online at www.kochcollegerecruiting.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
9/17/14…….SPRING 2015 Internships at Volkswagen Chattanooga (FULL TIME)
The internship program at Volkswagen Group of America Chattanooga Operations is intended to provide college / university students and recent graduates the opportunity to use and develop skills they have learned in the classroom by working at our state-of-the-art production facility, and to provide Volkswagen Chattanooga the opportunity to develop talent for potential future entry-level positions.
Our internships are full-time positions (40 hrs/week). Candidates will be expected to be available to work during normal business hours (Monday – Friday; exact hours will vary by position and some positions might require work on Saturdays).
To be eligible for the internship program, candidates are required to be enrolled at an accredited post-secondary educational institution, or have graduated from one within the 6 months prior to the start date of the internship. Candidates who do not meet this guideline will not be considered. This position will start on January 12 and end on May 15. Applications for later terms will not be accepted at this time.
Positions available are:
- Quality Assurance Intern - Manufacturing Intern (January 2015 - May 2015)
- Program Planning and Production Control Logistics Intern (January 2015 - May 2015)
- Pilot Hall Engineering Intern - Launch Management (January 2015 - May 2015)
- Paint Process Engineering Intern (January 2015 - May 2015)
- Inbound Logistics Intern (January 2015 - May 2015)
- Finance Intern (January 2015)
- Engineering Intern – Body Shop Quality and Service (January - May 2015)
- Engineering Intern - Paint Planning (January 2015 - May 2015)
- Assembly Engineering Intern - Maintenance (January 2015 - May 2015)
Apply online at www.vwjobschattanooga.com